Song Contest Part XV, Host: Back One Out, Theme: Woodwind Instruments, Votes Due: Sunday 10pm AEDT

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was your 5th billy from me in this contest lol. Considering you're the 6th person I've voted for the most, that's pretty good.
It's not that you Billied me
It's that you Billied Weird Al out of that list

Kind of surprised I won tbh. Glad to see the Anna von Hausswolff track do well though. Listening to it on repeat this round made me realise it's my favourite track of last year now. Spellbinding song. Wanted to nom it for a while.

5. Elder - great stoner metal, cool to see Elder nommed
4. Miles Davis - pretty obvious choice as far as jazz goes, but still great and always good to see jazz nommed
3. Mogwai - Mogwai always seem like a safe Song Contest choice, but this is their best song
2. Lou Reed - really good choice as far as Lou Reed goes
1. John Adams & Michael Tilson Thomas - Harmonielehre: Part I - cool classical piece
Billy: The Doors - this is kinda the archetypal long song

Archetypal long song doesn't make it the worst on the list, just means it's one that should be included. Weird billy reason.

It's not that you Billied me
It's that you Billied Weird Al out of that list
Normally I don't mind him, even find him funny. But that one I really didn't find funny at all, I found it gross and weird lol :/ I couldn't even listen to the end of it.

Normally I don't mind him, even find him funny. But that one I really didn't find funny at all, I found it gross and weird lol :/ I couldn't even listen to the end of it.

Gross?

It's hilarious all the way through. What was gross about it?

Archetypal long song doesn't make it the worst on the list, just means it's one that should be included. Weird billy reason.
No it doesn't mean it should be included. It's an obvious choice and still not a particularly good one.

John Morrison at his most cringey emo teenager.

5. Miles Davis
4. Nick Cave
3. Anna von Hausswolf
2. Mogwai
1. Car Seat Headrest

BM TED talk

Hm - Led Z, Elton John, Pulp, even with the shit end, the song was better than some other stuff, and I don't mind that Doors song

If you don't listen to the end you miss the punchline.

Weird Al actually wrote it to be annoying though, so maybe you're his intended audience given it's become one of the more popular songs among his fans.

John Morrison is a wrestler.

Or was. He goes by Johnny Impact most recently but he just left Impact wrestling so who knows what it'll be next. Maybe he will join AEW and be Johnny Elite.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Theme is party starters unless it’s been done before
Many a party has been started with a banging TED talk. Leads to very interesting, in-depth conversations.

No it doesn't mean it should be included. It's an obvious choice and still not a particularly good one.

Sorry next time I'll nom a TED Talk.

Weird Al actually wrote it to be annoying though, so maybe you're his intended audience given it's become one of the more popular songs among his fans.

Isn't it a riff on some guy from around then who did long-form songs like that?

John Morrison is a wrestler.

Or was. He goes by Johnny Impact most recently but he just left Impact wrestling so who knows what it'll be next. Maybe he will join AEW and be Johnny Elite.
Hahahahaha that takes me back.

Young SSwans2011 was inconsolable when Batista and Rey Mysterio lost the tag belts to MNM.

Haha maybe I ought to re-listen to it someday then lol. If I didn't billy Weird Al it would've been Nick Cave.

Haha maybe I ought to re-listen to it someday then lol. If I didn't billy Weird Al it would've been Nick Cave.

Which is what I billied. Out of tune and painful.

That was Eddie and Rey I think.
Probably at some point. Batista and Rey lost them in a steel cage when Mark Henry returned and beat the shit out of Batista.

Years later I would learn of the greatness of Mark Henry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back