Song Contest Part XV, Host: Back One Out, Theme: Woodwind Instruments, Votes Due: Sunday 10pm AEDT

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
5 Mogwai
4 Anna Von Hausswolf
3 The Doors
2 Existence in the unfurling
1 Glass Hammer

Billy
Weird Al

As for this round, in with a banger and can't believe it hasn't been nommed before

5: O'Malley's Bar - Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds
4: In My Time of Dying - Zeppelin
3: Desolation Row - Bob Dylan
2: Telegraph Road - Dire STraits
1: Dead Roots Stirring - Elder
Billy: Chemicals Dept. - Phil & Jochem

O'Malleys Bar is possibly my favourite NC tune - black humour at it's finest.

Elton John was two songs, not one, so shouldn't have been eligible.
I thought that might make a cool round - nom a song of two tracks that are side by side on an album (and sound weird without the other - usually it's an intro followed by the 2nd song).

I thought that might make a cool round - nom a song of two tracks that are side by side on an album (and sound weird without the other - usually it's an intro followed by the 2nd song).
Inb4queen we will rock you because we are the champions

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No. But try and open your mind to new experiences.
I do. I'll listen to anything. Whether I like it or not is another matter entirely.

Elton John is a new experience?

For millennials yes. Especially that song as it's one of his lesser known songs.

And for those saying it is two songs.

"Funeral for a Friend/Love Lies Bleeding" is the opening track on the double album Goodbye Yellow Brick Road by Elton John. The first part, "Funeral for a Friend", is an instrumental created by John while thinking of what kind of music he would like at his funeral.[2] This first half segues into "Love Lies Bleeding".

For millennials yes. Especially that song as it's one of his lesser known songs.

And for those saying it is two songs.

"Funeral for a Friend/Love Lies Bleeding" is the opening track on the double album Goodbye Yellow Brick Road by Elton John. The first part, "Funeral for a Friend", is an instrumental created by John while thinking of what kind of music he would like at his funeral.[2] This first half segues into "Love Lies Bleeding".
Hoos is a milennial?

Hoos is a milennial?

I wouldn't know how old he is. I'm just saying that for millennials Elton John could be a new experience. Most of my class had never heard of Kylie Minogue when I mentioned her the other day.

I wouldn't know how old he is. I'm just saying that for millennials Elton John could be a new experience. Most of my class had never heard of Kylie Minogue when I mentioned her the other day.
You don't pay much attention to what Hoos noms then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back