Song Contest Part XV, Host: Back One Out, Theme: Woodwind Instruments, Votes Due: Sunday 10pm AEDT

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some ideas for those clueless as to other's preferred tastes:

Harvey: Japanese metal
Mwwp: Speed Metal
Loonerty: Hair Metal
Grey Crow: 2000s rap
Sswans: Platinum selling Grunge Artists
Chappy: Thrash
Plugger: Anything in LOTE without a verse verse chorus verse chorus chorus format.
Raveneyes: East African jazz
SM: Anything played on RRR.

All of these

giphy.gif

Please pick a good song for me.

I'm prepared if this arises. You'll be surprised to know it would lead to me nomming a song that has a special place in my heart.

OMG please let this happen!

Some ideas for those clueless as to other's preferred tastes:

Harvey: Japanese metal
Mwwp: Speed Metal
Loonerty: Hair Metal
Grey Crow: 2000s rap
Sswans: Platinum selling Grunge Artists
Chappy: Thrash
Plugger: Anything in LOTE without a verse verse chorus verse chorus chorus format.
Raveneyes: East African jazz
SM: Anything played on RRR.
I thought it would be more like this

Any person: KISS

Not quite as good as Soundgardening though. Amirite SSwans2011 ?
Actually correct. Soundgarden and Nirvarna are comfortably ahead of AIC with Nirvarna more consistent, but Soundgarden's highs much higher.

At times up until the end of the turn of the century.
Oh most definitely. My favourite times are between tracks and the undiscoverable hidden tracks from their bootleg singles of March 1994. Such joy.

Also Raveneyes not that I was going to, but there's 3 songs on that Anna von Hausswolff album that have not yet been nommed. :)

That's a crime. One of the best albums I discovered this year!

Will the host have to judge whether the song fits the likely musical taste of the individual?
I'll be fairly lenient but if it is obviously a pisstake, for example someone nomming hip hop for me, it will be rejected.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh most definitely. My favourite times are between tracks and the undiscoverable hidden tracks from their bootleg singles of March 1994. Such joy.
I haven't dug much deeper than their first few albums and MTV Unplugged live album, but if you could point me in the direction of these bootleg singles, I'd be happy to check them out when I get a chance.

In with someone lucky person's banga.

Black Hole Sun is one of the most boring dirges ever written.

There I've said it.
I was sad that track got a flogging in the place of some of their better tracks (The Day I Tried To Live and Limo Wreck are my personal favs) after Cornell's death. Made sense obviously, but still a shame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back