Song Contest Part XVI, Host: ???, Theme:???, Noms Due: ???

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Well, yeah. Obviously.

But it seems we've gotten to the point where hosts brazenly doctor the contest with subtle updates that end up skewering votes.

Reckon commentary on the playlist throughout the couple of days of the contest is sorely missing. What's the point without banter and conversation about noms before release?

From a host however? Shame with a capital A.
Lol if my little status updates influenced any voters i would be SHOCKED I tell you. shocked as well. ShOcKed.

Well, yeah. Obviously.

But it seems we've gotten to the point where hosts brazenly doctor the contest with subtle updates that end up skewering votes.

Reckon commentary on the playlist throughout the couple of days of the contest is sorely missing. What's the point without banter and conversation about noms before release?

From a host however? Shame with a capital A.
Lol if my little status updates influenced any voters i would be SHOCKED I tell you. shocked as well. ShOcKed.
faiЯ enough, I suppose.
I’ve missed the status updates
They used to be a regular thing for much of my time in the SC but they’ve become less frequent /less the norm these days
Thanks for bringing them back porps

M?
W?
P?
P?
Moony
Wormtail
Padfoot &
Prongs

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are we all just going to ignore the fact that in a piano/keyboards round one of the noms is just a bloke playing a guitar???????
I haven't looked at the list yet, but are you suggesting it's yours? :p

Not related to the round but wanted to share this anyway. Was out with family on Sunday and my Mum kindly picked me up and dropped me home. She was playing Mental As Anything in the car and saying how she had recently started listening to them more and discovered all these songs she likes. (She has known them her whole life obviously but don't think she had listened to them much). I forgot they were the band who sing "Live It Up". I've been listening to it a lot, discovered how much I really like it. Greedy Smith, what a great voice, and what a great songwriter. It reminded me that he passed only recently at such a young age :'(

Long story short, you may find a Mental As Anything nom from me in the future :)

Not related to the round but wanted to share this anyway. Was out with family on Sunday and my Mum kindly picked me up and dropped me home. She was playing Mental As Anything in the car and saying how she had recently started listening to them more and discovered all these songs she likes. (She has known them her whole life obviously but don't think she had listened to them much). I forgot they were the band who sing "Live It Up". I've been listening to it a lot, discovered how much I really like it. Greedy Smith, what a great voice, and what a great songwriter. It reminded me that he passed only recently at such a young age :'(

Long story short, you may find a Mental As Anything nom from me in the future :)

Welcome to the club

as long as its not too many times

A month or two ago I had the same thing. They had more hits than I realised. All of which have now made it onto my Spotify playlist

I met Greedy a couple of times, came across as a nice bloke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back