Song Contest Part XXII, Host: MWPP, Theme: 4+ Letter Palindromes, Votes Due: Sunday 10:30pm AEST Time

Remove this Banner Ad

IT was a cheap cash grab. Of all the songs they chose one of the more successful Beatles songs in the SC. I quite enjoyed the covers anyway.

You’d be on stronger footing here if you didn’t nom known SC whore Fiona Apple 😂

You’d be on stronger footing here if you didn’t nom known SC whore Fiona Apple 😂
I came 4th with her last time. And it was a new nom. But yeah. Shes good.

More info on how iconic that All Day performance is:

The dinosaurs on here reacted the same as the non-Taylor Swift audience at the award show 🤣

Oh as you saw I voted for it. Good cover there 😊
All bs aside she is actually one of the best performing artists here by average votes and podiums.

Shes got that appeal like Winehouse and Adele. A lot of guys really get into later in life haha.

Screenshot_20240724_221424_Microsoft 365 (Office).jpg

I think Ocha905 expressed quite well my thoughts on the last round, though I didn't enter. Opening it up to covers etc was much better than the original theme but still a bit bleh. I wasn't that inspired, pardon the pun, to listen to any of that.

The original is beautiful.
Agreed. I love a cover that gives me something fresh without copying the original.

The songs I do like are that one, Yesterday, Hey Jude, here comes the sun, Dear Prudence (interesting track)

5.5 Birthday 11/10 Tonga Bob 4th love the way this rocks
5.4 Isn't It A Pity 11/10 1990crow eq 3rd Hard to split the top two, beautiful lyrics. Thank you for this round, I loved it even without the happy ending!
5.3 Your Mother Should Know 11/10 raskolnikov 6th Simple but has grown to become one of my Beatles faves
5.2 While My Guitar Gently Weeps myblueroan eq 3rd 10/10
5.1 Girl 10/10 por_please_ya 5th

HM Across The Universe [one of my fave songs, this version could easily be 4th, great video too] 10/10, Paperback Writer - great rendition!, Happiness Is A Warm Gun - unusual version but like it, And Your Bird Can Sing all 9.5

More info on how iconic that All Day performance is:

The way Kanye can control his breathing while he says a multitude of words is extraordinary.
Despite that apparently unique talent, it was denied my obvious 5 because after listening to it 38 times (to be sure to be sure) it was clear that McCartney or any other Beatle made ZERO contribution apart from having his name on the credits.
Billy.

BOTES

5:
The Breeders - "Happiness Is A Warm Gun" Lunchlady Doris
4: Fiona Apple - "Across The Universe" Purple7x08_24
3: The Beatles - "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" myblueroan
2: Danger Mouse - "99 Problems" Chipmunk
1: Paul McCartney - "Temporary Secretary" MC Bad Genius

BM: Josh Turner Guitar feat. Blac Rabbit - "Paperback Writer" sorry FreoGirl

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What does the rainbow emote mean to you?
Sometimes used when people get billied. Its hard to explain. Sort of laughing at someone who insults you. ("Ahh yeah, ok")

Sometimes its used to express a really happy emotion.

Sometimes used when people get billied. Its hard to explain. Sort of laughing at someone who insults you. ("Ahh yeah, ok")

Sometimes its used to express a really happy emotion.
I never use it for anger and surprised if anyone else would 😕 Usually just saying something is nice or if not that I accept it

I always struggle with themes like this... because I start over-analysing lol. And I think it's all very subjective. I think... what do we mean by 'inspirational'. Because something that inspires me is going to be completely different to someone else. It could be a one-liner in the song that pumps me up, or a song that makes me think about the novel I'm writing.

Or do you go more general? Like someone singing about their recovery from cancer, someone singing about something political they feel strongly about?!

I think I'm more concerned about whether others find my song 'inspirational enough' to be worthy!

I always struggle with themes like this... because I start over-analysing lol. And I think it's all very subjective. I think... what do we mean by 'inspirational'. Because something that inspires me is going to be completely different to someone else. It could be a one-liner in the song that pumps me up, or a song that makes me think about the novel I'm writing.

Or do you go more general? Like someone singing about their recovery from cancer, someone singing about something political they feel strongly about?!

I think I'm more concerned about whether others find my song 'inspirational enough' to be worthy!

Remove this Banner Ad

Song Contest Part XXII, Host: MWPP, Theme: 4+ Letter Palindromes, Votes Due: Sunday 10:30pm AEST Time

Remove this Banner Ad

Back