Song Contest Part XXII, Host: MWPP, Theme: 4+ Letter Palindromes, Noms Due: Friday 10pm AEST Time

Remove this Banner Ad

Of course :)

I woke up at 5 this morning and started listening to different versions of this song [thanks myblueroan :p] because when I went to see Yes in 2003 I thought the slide guitar solo near the end was so beautiful it made me cry :'(. On the studio version it is mostly drowned out by the keyboards - more prominent on live versions but none as outstanding as on their rendition that night. It starts at about 8:10 on this one

What were they. Spam away?
Ok :)

Yes I know this is a band you hate lol but I was going through a crappy time when I heard it and I would cry hearing the end part.

Nommed this pretty recently

If I'd played I might have nommed this. Noticed Plugger35 also mentioned it. Obviously a song that hits many in the feels.

The other two that come to mind right away are previous noms of mine, one which I won a round with, and the other my first ever nom in the SC.

I won with the studio version, but love his live vids. Envious of those who did see him live.

My first ever nom. My brother and I were huge PJ fans back in the day. He passed away literally the same week this song was released. Even now, 11 years later, it still takes me back to the absolute devastating pain of that week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Song Contest Part XXII, Host: MWPP, Theme: 4+ Letter Palindromes, Noms Due: Friday 10pm AEST Time

Remove this Banner Ad

Back