Song Contest Part XXII, Host: omgfridge, Theme: Things Used in Film Making, Votes Due: Sunday 9pm AEST Time

Remove this Banner Ad

This would be in my top 10 songs ….. of all time!!!
Wasn’t a box office success when I nommed it tho

spudmaster It is named 'I've Seen That Movie Before' on the spreadsheet. Also only one M in Jimi Hendrix and s on the end of Friends of Mine; Procol Harum; Jimmy Sharman's Boxers

Last edited:
Wow what was wrong with that, nommed before? I think I was lucky with mine :oops:
I know! But Fridgey said no previous noms. I'd thought podiums. So fair enough.
I argued it was pre round 400 and didn't podium, but no luck😄

My top 15 most surprising SC results

Ratings out of 10:
3 WTF
2 Surely you can’t be serious
1 Aww geez

15 New Horizons - The Moody Blues 4 votes /22nd position = my rating of result: 3 Not much love for this beautiful song boo
14 Your Move - Yes 6/21=3 My intro to one of my fave groups and quite a big hit
13 Soul Sacrifice - Santana 7/20=3 Blinder of a performance
12 The Balance - The Moody Blues 6/19=3 Great lyrics, close to my fave song
9 Question - The Moody Blues 8/20=3 my true introduction to their greatness
10 Friends of Mine - Kevin Johnson 6/18=3 Love this as it sums up my relationship with music
9 Let’s Make It Last All Night - Jimmy Barnes 4/25=3 emotional and a belter. Could wreck my voice trying to sing along to this
8 Close to the Edge - Yes 14/13=3 Widely recognised as a masterpiece
7 (You’re Such a) Fabulous Dancer - Wha - Koo 1/28=2 Sweet song and only scraped up one vote. Nobody with daughters doing ballet out there?
6 Armenia City in the Sky - The Who 6/24=2 Imaginative lyrics and great music
5 Alice Cooper - Wish You Were Here 1/21=2
4 Ben Howard - Promise 0/25=2 Was impressed with this the first time I heard it on the end of an episode of House
3 I Don’t Live Today - Jimi Hendrix 2/19=2 [probs greatest rock guitarist ever]
2 I’ve Seen That Movie Too - Elton 2/26=1 Close to my fave song, brill lyrics and music including the backward guitar solo
1 I’m Free - The Who 0/28=1 Amazed that my fave song on one of my fave albums didn't get a single vote. Inspiring lyrics

Last edited:
That's not something you see every day. A North fan welcoming a Jason Horne Francis fan.
I put the SC family/cult ahead of any footy allegiances :)

(I'm also in the significant minority that doesn't hate JHF but don't tell my North brethren)

spudmaster It is named 'I've Seen That Movie Before' on the spreadsheet. Also only one M in Jimi Hendrix and s on the end of Friends of Mine; Procol Harum; Jimmy Sharman's Boxers
Jerry Seinfeld Popcorn GIF by Sheets & Giggles

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Song Contest Part XXII, Host: omgfridge, Theme: Things Used in Film Making, Votes Due: Sunday 9pm AEST Time

Remove this Banner Ad

Back