Song Contest Part XXII, Host: Fossie 32, Theme: 1980s, Noms Due: Monday 9pm AEST Time

Remove this Banner Ad

This raises an interesting point - if your theme link is not obvious, are people missing it and it's costing votes?

Bit unfair if so, imo.

However I don't know how it would be addressed unless the host gives lengthy explanations as given to them, which is probably a bit painful.

If it gets to a point where you are unsure of a link and it’s costing that nom votes, you should be asking the host for clarification of the link.

Of course, if the link is known/obvious, feel free to judge that link however you wish (like your double link bonus)!

I know its a new sport at the Olympics but still street is a legitimate skateboarding category as much as say butterfly is with swimming.
I reckon those votes feel about right..as you expected, for this comp no matter the theme. Musical taste always plays a part.

What I was trying to say was other songs had more active 'doing' words repeated..like 'swim' 'walk' jump' etc.
Street wasn't used in that way. It is Street Skating... 'River' would have gotten my vote for sure!

"I wish I had a river, I could skate away on'😄

That's just the slant I took for voting. Everyone does it differently.😊

I have 10 songs in. All vastly different and I like it. Some insanely good songs too that i wouldnt ordinarily vote for and some new fresh stuff.

As Stokey said trust the host and their parameters. Dont penalise the nommer. All noms so far have really good links. One made to fit the theme but still good.

I think we have a lot of new nominations too.

I have 10 songs in. All vastly different and I like it. Some insanely good songs too that i wouldnt ordinarily vote for and some new fresh stuff.

As Stokey said trust the host and their parameters. Dont penalise the nommer. All noms so far have really good links. One made to fit the theme but still good.

I think we have a lot of new nominations too.
did you get my updated song? :)

Flirty Reaction GIF

Theme is Cities/Towns contained in one of (Title/Artist/Album)

No previous podiums, and no songs post round 700 (Pavlich Goals)

Some very good noms from a wide range of genres, come join us

If You're new

Instructions on first post, any questions just ask

Fadge Mr Meow RedmanWasHere ArdentEagle eth-dog

Cdog71 Cap Jazny NaturalDisaster Dinsdale

SM The Filth Wizard 1990crow MWPP por_please_ya

MP_ plugger the fly Back One Out TubbsFarquhar

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Competitors shouldn't be voting based on what they think qualifies for the theme. Just trust the host that it qualifies. Vote based on how good the music is.
Vote however you like but ask for clarification if you don't understand a link I think.

Or you could Billy an artist for their physical appearance not fitting a physical appearance theme even though you didn't look up the artist and see they definitely fit the theme.

Competitors shouldn't be voting based on what they think qualifies for the theme. Just trust the host that it qualifies. Vote based on how good the music is.
Only exceptions are songs that blatantly don't fit. The classic example from this contest is a Steely Dan song (with lyrics) being nommed in an instrumental round and Space Oddity in the supernatural round.

Or you could Billy an artist for their physical appearance not fitting a physical appearance theme even though you didn't look up the artist and see they definitely fit the theme.
Wat?

I've complained about it enough but there was once a "fat artists" theme (probably a good one to leave in the past) and I nommed Run The Jewels.

I've complained about it enough but there was once a "fat artists" theme (probably a good one to leave in the past) and I nommed Run The Jewels.
I remember when you won the billy with Lizzo and I gave you a 'No fat chicks' avatar and Chief made you change it. Fun times.

Remove this Banner Ad

Song Contest Part XXII, Host: Fossie 32, Theme: 1980s, Noms Due: Monday 9pm AEST Time

Remove this Banner Ad

Back