South Africa Vs West Indies (3 Tests, 3 T20s, 5 ODIs)

Remove this Banner Ad

Clive Lloyd, the former West Indies captain and current chairman of selectors, has said that the absence of "exceptional performances" from the pair of Dwayne Bravo and Kieron Pollard, coupled with the selection panel's vision to move forward and look for young talent, were the chief reasons for omitting the two senior allrounders for the ODIs against South Africa and the World Cup.
Um, Pollard is 27. Righto Clive.

Rather hilarious from a guy who played for the Windies until he was 40
Lloyd "they haven't done anything exceptional"

No Bravo making the ICC one day team of the year was a very disappointing result.

You haven't done anything exceptional in your role Mr Lloyd so why don't you stand down and give someone else a go.

Um, Pollard is 27. Righto Clive.
Pollard averages 25 with the bat and 38 with the ball in ODI's - he may be a millionaire because of IPL and T20 but I am prepared to back Clive on this one.

There is no way back for the West Indies.

Pollard averages 25 with the bat and 38 with the ball in ODI's - he may be a millionaire because of IPL and T20 but I am prepared to back Clive on this one.

There is no way back for the West Indies.
Always thought he batted too low, has a decent record at 5.

He's also overated and done nothing special at international level
Who do they have that is better? Dwayne Bravo averages 25 with the bat, it's not like he's got awesome stats either.

Pollard is a game changer, huge fan. Has made 3 pretty awesome ODI hundreds, it is wrong to say he's done nothing at international level.

Who do they have that is better? Dwayne Bravo averages 25 with the bat, it's not like he's got awesome stats either.

Pollard is a game changer, huge fan. Has made 3 pretty awesome ODI hundreds, it is wrong to say he's done nothing at international level.
0 Tests - can't all be related to being out of favour, I'm confident his best is behind him, which is sad, but T20 isn't going to make him any better or get him any fitter.

Who do they have that is better?
Middle order roles: Lendl Simmons, Marlon Samuels, Darren Bravo
All rounders: J Carters and Andre Russell

I rate all these guys better than Pollard and all are probably in better form.

Gayle
D Smith
L Simmons
D Bravo
M Samuels
Russell
Ramdin
Sammy
Holder
Narine
Roach

Not a bad side on paper. Not sure where Pollard would fit into that side.

Middle order roles: Lendl Simmons, Marlon Samuels, Darren Bravo
All rounders: J Carters and Andre Russell
Russell better than Pollard? Must be kidding.

Bravo and Samuels would be in the side anyway (and not really competing for Pollard's spot) so I don't see why they need to be compared.

Simmons is much of a muchness for me. He's a pure bat, normally top order so gets more of a go, and only averages 31.

Carters I don't know anything about.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Russell better than Pollard? Must be kidding.

Bravo and Samuels would be in the side anyway (and not really competing for Pollard's spot) so I don't see why they need to be compared.

Simmons is much of a muchness for me. He's a pure bat, normally top order so gets more of a go, and only averages 31.

Carters I don't know anything about.
Russell is a far superior bowler to Pollard. And averages more with the bat, but thats probably because hes down the order. As all rounders go, id take Russell ahead of him. I think youre over rating him a tad. Quite an average cricketer to this point.

Yeah Bravo and Samuels are in the side regardless, and a 31 average in ODI cricket is prettt good for Simmons. Those three were compared becaude there the only positions he could probably take. He cant open, the keeper is safe, Holder is the captain and will probably bat at 8, and I have him behind Russell in the all rounders position. Id take the other three over him every day of the week.

Russell is a far superior bowler to Pollard. And averages more with the bat, but thats probably because hes down the order. As all rounders go, id take Russell ahead of him. I think youre over rating him a tad. Quite an average cricketer to this point.
I think you're quite overrating Russell as well to be fair. Perhaps we're both guilty of it.

Amla and ABDV... whoever wins the world cup has gotta weasel these blokes out early . Incredible batsmen
Amla, de Qock, du Plessis, de Villiers, Duminy, Behardien, Miller, Philander, Steyn, Morkel, Tahir. That's with Abbott, Parnell, Phangiso and Rossouw on the sidelines. Tsotsobe very unlucky IMO.

Remove this Banner Ad

South Africa Vs West Indies (3 Tests, 3 T20s, 5 ODIs)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back