Roast St Kilda in no mans land

Remove this Banner Ad

I love this theory of "we beat the team who beat you so we must be better"

Given the 4 sides you played, you probably should have been at minimum 3-1.

Next 2 games will be interesting.

Just about every AFL journalist, as well as the majority of neutrals on this site, had us bottom 4 with one of the worst lists in the comp just three weeks ago.

This re-writing of history is just cope.

I’m interested how you compare StK’s wins to the opposition the other undefeated team has faced?

A draw against the Tigers (Saints smashed the team that just beat them by 9 goals).
And three close wins against a winless Cats (Saints smashed the team that beat them last week by 9 goals), Giants (meh) and North (close to wooden spoon favs).

Saints and Blues both looking VG despite both having some key injuries.
Haven't been particularly impressed with us so far, although I'm happy that they're able to grind out positive results. Haven't seen any Saints games, but it'll be interesting to see how the season plays out. I think both sets of supporters know well that we shouldn't judge until pretty deep into the season.

Haven't been particularly impressed with us so far, although I'm happy that they're able to grind out positive results. Haven't seen any Saints games, but it'll be interesting to see how the season plays out. I think both sets of supporters know well that we shouldn't judge until pretty deep into the season.
Sensible post.

On Pixel 4a (5G) using BigFooty.com mobile app

Suns - win
Collingwood - loss
Carlton - ?
Port - win
North - win
Adelaide - win
Giants - win
Hawks - win

Could well be 7-1 if they don’t s**t themselves
The next two games will be huge. If they somehow won both, they’re in serious contention for top 4, particularly if Geelong doesn’t start winning.

Will know a lot about the Saints in a fortnight.

The next two games will be huge. If they somehow won both, they’re in serious contention for top 4, particularly if Geelong doesn’t start winning.

Will know a lot about the Saints in a fortnight.
Such a shame that Next weeks game is part of gather round and not at the G.

They've out performed my expectation given the injuries. But geeze we are 4 games in here and achieved * all.

Massive need to temper expectation a bit here

Yep, the stack of injuries is a worry. But we’re playing good footy, and as Ross said, we’re still learning.

Suns - win
Collingwood - loss
Carlton - ?
Port - win
North - win
Adelaide - win
Giants - win
Hawks - win

Could well be 7-1 if they don’t s**t themselves
St Kilda have tended to beat us even when they were crap, and like North, kinda treat the matchup like a mini Grand Final, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's a decent loss for us actually.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

St Kilda have tended to beat us even when they were crap, and like North, kinda treat the matchup like a mini Grand Final, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's a decent loss for us actually.
It won’t be a decent loss if they do beat you. I think your outfit has come a long way in 12 months. You’re winning games you’re capable of. The win against Geelong was huge for your confidence. Sam Walsh isn’t even playing.

Will be a great game but I’ll probably back you on talent.

Yep, great post.

I may have just bashed Essendon in response to one of your less distinguished supporters but I honestly think the same goes for you guys.

Wouldn't be surprised if you start contending again pretty soon. Brad Scott is an underrated coach.
He's not an Essendon supporter. He lists Essendon as his team to do what he does and troll other teams so that Essendon cops the backlash. Lame.

He's not an Essendon supporter. He lists Essendon as his team to do what he does and troll other teams so that Essendon cops the backlash. Lame.

Fair enough we all have a few of them. I know there is a bloke doing the same pretending to be a Saints fan and another bloke pretending not to be a Saints fan.

Saints have 2 big games in a row to see where they are at.

Winning 1 out of 2 would be a great result for us.

We have a better history against Carlton in recent times, but both are going to be very tough games.

Or until Carlton make finals. It’s nearly been a decade for the blues - Cripps is 28 and has never played in a final. Essendon can’t win one but the blues can’t even make them.
I wanted the Blues to make finals last year and this year as well because I know a few Carlton supporters who are long-suffering and were unfortunately too young to remember when they were any good.

Some Carlton supporters in this thread are really turning me off them though.

Last edited:
I wanted the Blues to make finals last year and this year as well because I know a few Carlton supporters who are long-suffering and were unfortunately too young to remember when they were any good.

Some Carlton supporters in this thread are really turning me off them though.
I think this thread might have run it’s race. If you have teenagers already making an impact list like Wang-Millera, Philipou, Cammineti, Windhager and Owens, plus Max King about to enter his prime you are not in 'no man’s land'. In fact I can see them being a genuine contender in a year or two. What they have achieved with so many key players missing has been extraordinary.

The comparisons here with Carlton are interesting. No doubt they are another club on the rise but if missing Cripps, Curnow, McKay plus another 5-6 first choice across would they be undefeated? Personally I don't think so.

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast St Kilda in no mans land

Remove this Banner Ad

Back