Preview St Kilda Saints vs. Fremantle Dockers, Round 1 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Windhager will be a big in if declared fit. Seems like the kinda player Lyon will love to bits the way he goes about it.

Yes Windy will be loved by Lyon. Windy is extremely self-motivated and has an outstanding work ethic. Us fans certainly love him already too.

His form really took off last season when he was given the tagging role. Both nullifying his opponent, while still racking up the ball himself. I think it really helped his game to have a quality opponent leading him to the ball.

This makes me think Sturt is playing which I wasn't expecting. Wonder what it means for Treacy? Unless Sturt is sub

That must be so pleasing and relieved for Sturt. Got his body right, keep pushing the form and intensity. Jl publicly backing you is so positive for his mindset and belief

Luv ya Quazar. What's the best footy watching pub in Albany?
irish film dance GIF by Fandor
Inswing on Sandford Rd is small but with several big screens. That makes it a good place to watch.

But has some cons: its a bar in an industrial area and it seems to attract the blue + yellow flith. So if they are playing about the same time as us, it can be a nauseating atmosphere during the cross over.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On preseason form I’d have Treacy ahead of Tabs

Tabs is always a slow build though, he usually takes a bit to get going.

In the season proper as long as Tabs is holding his place on merit, Treacy and Amiss will be patient I think.

The only way I can see a problem coming is if we are winning, but still giving Tabs games when he is not performing but he stays in for continuity/structure/whatever else they want to call it when you play a guy that isn't playing well and leave out a guy that is. That's a sure fire way to piss off a young guy like Treacy on the rise.

Can't see how we can play Jackson, Treacy, Fyfe and Tabs in the forward line at the same time (Sturt starting on the bench and Banfield sub). I'd prefer Treacy over Tabs, at least for a week or two. Walters is an interesting one - even fully fit he's not playing unless one of Switta, Frederick or Schultz comes out. And we're starting a fit future gun key forward in the Ressies! I think this is going to be fun.

Tabs is always a slow build though, he usually takes a bit to get going.

In the season proper as long as Tabs is holding his place on merit, Treacy and Amiss will be patient I think.

The only way I can see a problem coming is if we are winning, but still giving Tabs games when he is not performing but he stays in for continuity/structure/whatever else they want to call it when you play a guy that isn't playing well and leave out a guy that is. That's a sure fire way to piss off a young guy like Treacy on the rise.
Then Tabs can build form in the wafl surely. We need to select maximum impact players and that’s Josh at the moment

I’d replace Banners with Jackson and given Freddy hasn’t had a proper hit out yet put him in as sub plus give Walters a full run in the Peel scratchy to get his match fitness up. In which case Treacy and Sturt are both in
Only issue may be a too tall forward line but under the roof at Marvel is the place to do it if your going to give it a try (is this the Dog’s thinking given it is their home ground?)

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I'm going to be as optimistic as I can and I think they are going to use Jackson all over the ground and therefore will squeeze Treacy in. They also love that Sturt has realised that pressure is the key to him getting a game and will reward him with the sub (I just cant see us playing both of them).

Ryan Pearce Young
Clark Cox Chapman
Aish Brayshaw Henry
Freddy Jackson Schultz
Switta Tabs Fyfe

Darcy Serong O'Meara

Brodie Walker Treacy Hughes

Sub: Sturt

Emg: Banfield, Davies, Wilson

Last edited:
I'm going to be as optimistic as I can and I think they are going to use Jackson all over the ground and therefore will squeeze Treacy in. They also love that Sturt has realised that pressure is the key to him getting a game and will reward him with the sub (I just cant see us playing both of them).

Ryan Pearce Young
Clark Hamling Chapman
Aish Brayshaw Henry
Freddy Jackson Schultz
Switta Tabs Fyfe

Darcy Serong O'Meara

Brodie Walker Treacy Hughes

Sub: Sturt

Emg: Banfield, Davies, Wilson

Hamling and no Cox?

Can't see how we can play Jackson, Treacy, Fyfe and Tabs in the forward line at the same time (Sturt starting on the bench and Banfield sub). I'd prefer Treacy over Tabs, at least for a week or two. Walters is an interesting one - even fully fit he's not playing unless one of Switta, Frederick or Schultz comes out. And we're starting a fit future gun key forward in the Ressies! I think this is going to be fun.
It's easy when Fyfe plays like a midfielder who can contest a mark. It's not like he is a kpf....Loads of teams run 3 kpf forward lines.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview St Kilda Saints vs. Fremantle Dockers, Round 1 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back