Preview St.Kilda vs Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Probably Longer's best all round game yet. Hickey picked a bad week to decide to pull his finger out in the VFL.

Defense will be too top heavy, Sav needs to come in as Rioli, Bolton and Butler will run rings around us. Also Sav's new found role in attack can give us some flexibility if needed, particularly if Mav is dropped (and should be).
Dunstan was comfortably the poorer of the 3 inside plodders by a fair margin, needs to go.
Lonie tries hard, my worry is as that pressure forward he's not very effective or damaging. Barely finishes any good work that he does, but I do think he's the better of the revolving door trio so am inclined to keep him in over Mav who desperately needs to go back to VFL and find some form.
I'd bring Acres in straight away, but I don't see the thinking behind omitting him only to bring him back on the back of no game, doesn't make sense.

Longer out for Hickey.
Bring Freeze in, for Steven if he's suspended, or for Dunston.
If Gilbert is injured, bring in McKenzie or Savage, based on the Sandy game today.
Drop Mav for someone.

Probably Longer's best all round game yet. Hickey picked a bad week to decide to pull his finger out in the VFL.

Defense will be too top heavy, Sav needs to come in as Rioli, Bolton and Butler will run rings around us. Also Sav's new found role in attack can give us some flexibility if needed, particularly if Mav is dropped (and should be).
Dunstan was comfortably the poorer of the 3 inside plodders by a fair margin, needs to go.
Lonie tries hard, my worry is as that pressure forward he's not very effective or damaging. Barely finishes any good work that he does, but I do think he's the better of the revolving door trio so am inclined to keep him in over Mav who desperately needs to go back to VFL and find some form.
I'd bring Acres in straight away, but I don't see the thinking behind omitting him only to bring him back on the back of no game, doesn't make sense.

They've also got that Costanza bloke.

Webster - Butler
Geary - Rioli
Mckenzie - Bolton
Newnes - Costanza

Stuv won't be suspended lol. Barely touched him. Ballas flopped like a fish.

A win here will do wonders for both confidence and finals aspirations (stating the obvious I know). Bringing in Freeman for this game isn't a wise idea though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IN: Savage, Hickey, Acres and Freeman
OUT: Lonie, Longer, Dunstan and Weller

Somehow give NOK a go aswell!

As opposed to 250 game veteran NOK?

In any case my changes if Gilbo goes down are:

In: Freeman, White

Out: Gilbo (inj), Mav

Never said NOK was the answer either. I'd play Wright ahead of both because he has a stronger body.

Given the history, I'd be happy to leave him in the 2ND and really get some ks into his hamstrings.

No such risk with NOK. White for Gilbert I'd agree with.

I reckon Steven has lost his tank when he punctured his lung this year. So what they should do is play him as a forward, he was quite a handy goal sneak in his younger days.

Out: Gilbert (concussed), Dunstan (omitted), In: Savage (35 disposals for sandy, has been in good form), freeman (37 disposals, been in great form).

What I would like to see is Lonie dropped, but it won't happen. He had a poor second half, only 1 or 2 disposals , his first half was full of errors, burning off team-mates, and included a pass to a freo player, was Lonie actually playing for freo? Yes he tries hard, but so does Nathan Wright and his pressure is far more effective than Lonie, plus he even kicks , goals' as Lonie will usually kick points.. 0.3 or 1.4 etc. Lonie's pressure acts don't count, imagine dusty fending him off into the stands! Too put it simply he is too weak and does not have poise,skill or pace which you need if you are too short. He does try hard, and buzzes about, but that isn't enough.

Lonie had 12 disposals at 58% disposal efficiency, including 7 turnovers, and of course kicked a point. I would put more faith in wright kicking a goal from a set shot. Sometimes Lonie can do flukey things, and seems to flap his arms around a lot, which seems to impress some fans, but to me it is all bs. He was lucky gresh cleaned up his mess as he could of cost the team quite a few goals in the first half.

Now party boy dunstan, 10 or 11 disposals is simply not good enough, and shouldn't play for the rest of the year.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
Steven potentially suspended. Gilbert potentially out injured. Weller and Dunstan droppable based on form. Lonie and Longer next in line for omission based on form, but I think they'll both keep their spots. Especially seeing as Richo doesn't like playing with a winning formula, will probably only be forced changes.

NOK, Freezer, Savage, Hickey and Acres the most likely to come in.

I'd be happy for any of them to have a crack!

As much as it pains me,
I think Lonie keeps his spot. His decision making is questionable... but he did try his little heart out and won some good contests because of it.

Dunstan and Weller did not. They gotta go. Dunstan especially.. and I cannot see him improving.

Yeah Freezer/NOK may have 10 touches and have a poor game, but what if they have a great debut? Hell as long as they actually put effort in they can't be a worse choice than Dunstan. They also have some desperately needed speed.

I think Gilbo pulls up alright for next week too. They won't be dropping Longer and SURELY they wont suspend Steven for that.

So out: Dunstan, Weller
In: Freeman, Acres

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back