Steven King is a W@nker!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread is a flat out disgrace and the OP is a d!ckhead.

King was a great servant of our club for ten years and deserves nothing but our respect. Let's not forget that it's largely Geelong's fault that King has been so injury prone since we kept playing him when he wasn't fully fit, yet as captain he chose to continually front up despite the damage that was being inflicted.

King did nothing wrong on the weekend. It was Blake who pushed King. Do you expect King to just stand there and take it?

It's well known that King didn't want to leave the club, but was squeezed out due to salary cap pressure and I'm actually proud of the GFC that they didn't shaft him and actively sought to deliver him to the club of his choice. He'll only play until 2009 at best but every cats fan should wish him the best.

Any Geelong fan booing him or trolling boards against him needs to be taught a good lesson. This thread is an embarrassment for Geelong supporters.:thumbsdown:

Carefull, hbk will think that you are crackers.

he can think what he likes. I just think it's wrong to stupidly pay out any player who's been a good servant of our club.

I agree with u completely, my beef is with those King-obsessive Blake-haters such as Woof and Forrest not supporting current Geelong players. Not only not supporting them, but personally abusing and degrading them.

King didnt deserve to be booed at all, unless he did a Barry Hall...:D

God forbid a player who used to play for us gets booed & we say stop??

From what I can see:
1) Blake pushed King after a goal (nothing new there)
2) King retaliated (nothing new there either)
3) Crowd gets stuck into King (nothing new there either)
4) We come on here & discuss (still nothing new)

I loved King in his early years, but what did he deliver to us in the final years whilst he was at Geelong?
I partly turned on him after he continually broke down & always remained injured (pitty cos he should of had more years dominating the ruck than what he did).

The thing that really pissed my off is he was on our list injured for years getting paid a captain salary & Geelong persisted to keep him (& mind you if we didn't have the salary cap issues he would still be there, Blake or no Blake IMO).
He got offered a contract (yes a pissy one but it was a contract to play at Geelong). He knocked it back!!!

Geelong drated him, melped make him the player he was & even gifted him a GF medal.

King in return says no to a contract & once again Geelong help him in getting to the Saints.

If King was a true clubman he would have taken the contract at Geelong after the years of getting paid whilst injured & repaid the faith, that would have been a true club champion to do this.

I am not a King hater & to be honest I am not a Blake lover either but I feel King did the wrong thing by the club not the club to him.

I don't think King is a w***er, but I do feel he did wrong by the club IMO & hence why the crowd reacted. If the same thing occurred next time we play I would expect the crowd to give him curry (yes I know Blake pushed him first, but you have to stick by your own team players).

For what is worth, I really hope West makes big steps & becomes a Cox like player. I can see him being dominant around the ground (hopefully his tap work will continue to improve) & we have Blake in the ruck for hitouts (in saying that Blake must have worked hard over the summer break cos he skills looked to have improved greatly).

God forbid a player who used to play for us gets booed & we say stop??

From what I can see:
1) Blake pushed King after a goal (nothing new there)
2) King retaliated (nothing new there either)
3) Crowd gets stuck into King (nothing new there either)
4) We come on here & discuss (still nothing new)

I loved King in his early years, but what did he deliver to us in the final years whilst he was at Geelong?
I partly turned on him after he continually broke down & always remained injured (pitty cos he should of had more years dominating the ruck than what he did).

The thing that really pissed my off is he was on our list injured for years getting paid a captain salary & Geelong persisted to keep him (& mind you if we didn't have the salary cap issues he would still be there, Blake or no Blake IMO).
He got offered a contract (yes a pissy one but it was a contract to play at Geelong). He knocked it back!!!

Geelong drated him, melped make him the player he was & even gifted him a GF medal.

King in return says no to a contract & once again Geelong help him in getting to the Saints.

If King was a true clubman he would have taken the contract at Geelong after the years of getting paid whilst injured & repaid the faith, that would have been a true club champion to do this.

I am not a King hater & to be honest I am not a Blake lover either but I feel King did the wrong thing by the club not the club to him.

I don't think King is a w***er, but I do feel he did wrong by the club IMO & hence why the crowd reacted. If the same thing occurred next time we play I would expect the crowd to give him curry (yes I know Blake pushed him first, but you have to stick by your own team players).

For what is worth, I really hope West makes big steps & becomes a Cox like player. I can see him being dominant around the ground (hopefully his tap work will continue to improve) & we have Blake in the ruck for hitouts (in saying that Blake must have worked hard over the summer break cos he skills looked to have improved greatly).

Couldn't have put it better myself. I reckon he owed it to us to stay after all he hadn't done much for the past 4 seasons prior to 2007 to justify the hefty generous contract he was on. Also it's mighty weak of him to leave a team on the verge of another Premiership purely because of a dispute over money. That said I don't harbour ill will towards him, his loss.

Couldn't have put it better myself. I reckon he owed it to us to stay after all he hadn't done much for the past 4 seasons prior to 2007 to justify the hefty generous contract he was on. Also it's mighty weak of him to leave a team on the verge of another Premiership purely because of a dispute over money. That said I don't harbour ill will towards him, his loss.

Mate, he wanted to stay, the club moved him on after Blake said he wouldn't sign if King was still on the list.

Woof knows, he was there....:rolleyes:

“I was offered a one-year deal, and then with a day to go in trade week something happened and suddenly I was getting calls saying maybe I should think about retiring,” King says.

“I already felt committed to Geelong and it was a lot to deal with in a short space of time. I hadn’t even put the feelers out there and it gave me 24 hours to find a new club.

Doesn't sound like he was keen on leaving, wouldn't you agree?

“I was offered a one-year deal, and then with a day to go in trade week something happened and suddenly I was getting calls saying maybe I should think about retiring,” King says.

“I already felt committed to Geelong and it was a lot to deal with in a short space of time. I hadn’t even put the feelers out there and it gave me 24 hours to find a new club.

and the club has said the opposite...why put more weight on kingy's quotable quote?

I am sure you will be able to find some where that he wanted more money than what was offered, yes he probably did want to stay at the club for a price which couldn't be paid

Get over it Crackers,he's gone.Do like him and move on .... to StKilda

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Considering he knocked back the contract, it suggests he wasn't that keen to stay either.

Nah....I watched that mini series the Langoliers years ago and the first thing I thought was....."geez stephen king's a w@nker"

Meh, Tom Holland's best work was Fright Night anyway. Have you read King's mini-novel? It's part of the Four Past Midnight collection (which also gave us the Johnny Depp flick Secret Window which was infinitely better) and is actually pretty good reading.

Thing is with Stephen King's stuff, it usually translates into shit once onscreen. Frank Darabont (Shawshank, Green Mile & The Mist) and Rob Reiner (Stand By Me, Misery) as directors are exceptions, though they haven't really had to deal with supernatural effects in those movies.

I haven't actually seen The Mist yet, but the word around the traps is that it's abso____inlutely BRILLIANT - and there's monsters:thumbsu:.

Ah ppl who always bag a player after they leave a club. It'll go on for generations.
If only they could look out of the other eye.

Very sad though

I remember standing in the Gary Ablett Terrace at K.P a few years back against the Roos. The blokes behind us were singing a song about Leigh Colbert being a pedophile - but that's all part of the outer, isn't it?

This thread is a flat out disgrace and the OP is a d!ckhead.

King was a great servant of our club for ten years and deserves nothing but our respect. Let's not forget that it's largely Geelong's fault that King has been so injury prone since we kept playing him when he wasn't fully fit, yet as captain he chose to continually front up despite the damage that was being inflicted.

King did nothing wrong on the weekend. It was Blake who pushed King. Do you expect King to just stand there and take it?

It's well known that King didn't want to leave the club, but was squeezed out due to salary cap pressure and I'm actually proud of the GFC that they didn't shaft him and actively sought to deliver him to the club of his choice. He'll only play until 2009 at best but every cats fan should wish him the best.

Any Geelong fan booing him or trolling boards against him needs to be taught a good lesson. This thread is an embarrassment for Geelong supporters.:thumbsdown:

Do you expect any Geelong fans to sit there quietly while one of our players is picked on by an opposition player from a club most of us hate?

Do you expect any Geelong fans to sit there quietly while one of our players is picked on by an opposition player from a club most of us hate?

Of course not. But there wasn't that much in it and it didn't warrant the booing and raspberries King copped for the rest of the match considering that he was at our club for ten years. I just think that that was poor form.

Yeah but he did and he was the best big man on the ground, thats right even better than Ottens was on the day. In fact i thought he was in your top 6 players on the ground.

Quite frankly, that's rubbish.

King was solid in the GF, but let's not forget he gave away 5 free kicks.

Ottens had more of the ball, more hitouts, more defensive pressure (see the run down on the flank) and actually went forward and proved dangerous (kicking 1.3).

King done hamstring. You reckon with his history it will be a month.

now the saints will see why he isn't at the club anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back