STOP, Mannagh Time!

Remove this Banner Ad

Mangy Carl

Rookie
Mar 5, 2024
AFL Club
Geelong
I'd like to point out just HOW good Mannah has been since he returned to the season team in Round 17.

** For all 'General Forwards' (discounting JHF, J Simpkin, B Hill, L Baker, J Macrae etc who are all mids first, but are counted as forwards on AFL.COM)

In the 9 games, he has averaged 18 possessions a game - equal 5th overall*

17th overall for goals per game, 1.44 ave

Top 15 for I50's

Top clearance player for pure forwards, 7th overall.

2nd overall for Stoppage clearances.

7th overall for tackles per game

7th for Score Involvements

1st for Score Launches (for pure forwards)

Would have been a serious AA contender had he done this for a full season... Seriously extraordinary stuff..

I'd like to point out just HOW good Mannah has been since he returned to the season team in Round 17.

** For all 'General Forwards' (discounting JHF, J Simpkin, B Hill, L Baker, J Macrae etc who are all mids first, but are counted as forwards on AFL.COM)

Top 15 for I50's

Would have been a serious AA contender had he done this for a full season... Seriously extraordinary stuff..
Should have been in the team much early. Was funny watches some posters twist themselves into knots trying to explain why he wasn't able to get a game

Top 15 for I50's

Psst: it's Mannagh

Mannagh stats (9 games from RD 17 onwards) Vs AA 44 squad general forwards

Shaun Mannagh - Disposals 18 - Goals 1.44 - Tackles 5.2 - Clearances - 3.2
Cameron Rayner - Disposals 15.2 - Goals 1.1 - Tackles 3.1 - Clearances - 2.5
Tyson Stengle - Disposals 13.5 - Goals 1.9 - Tackles 2.3 - Clearances - 1.3
Brett Daniels - Disposals 17.8 - Goals 1 - Tackles 4.7 - Clearances - 2.6
Dylan Moore - Disposals 19.5 - Goals 1.4 - Tackles 4 - Clearances - 2

Should have been in the team much early. Was funny watches some posters twist themselves into knots trying to explain why he wasn't able to get a game

Probably cause he wasn't going that well at VFL level. It's crazy that he's going better at AFL level in the second half of the year than he was going at VFL level in the first.

In fairness it looked like we were playing too many forwards and needed an extra "proper" midfield rotation.

Extremely, extremely happy to be wrong

Mannagh stats (9 games from RD 17 onwards) Vs AA 44 squad general forwards

Shaun Mannagh - Disposals 18 - Goals 1.44 - Tackles 5.2 - Clearances - 3.2
Cameron Rayner - Disposals 15.2 - Goals 1.1 - Tackles 3.1 - Clearances - 2.5
Tyson Stengle - Disposals 13.5 - Goals 1.9 - Tackles 2.3 - Clearances - 1.3
Brett Daniels - Disposals 17.8 - Goals 1 - Tackles 4.7 - Clearances - 2.6
Dylan Moore - Disposals 19.5 - Goals 1.4 - Tackles 4 - Clearances - 2

Very similar profile to Brett Daniels and Moore and if he could produce that over the next 3-4 years we would be very happy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mannagh more coaches votes and better stats in that time period. Stengle has been very good lately but was better first half of the season.

Can't agree. Mannagh has been wonderful but Stengle takes the best small forward on a weekly basis.
Even in the last game against Port Adelaide, Stengle gave us 8 disposals & 3 goals in the first half when the game was still there to be won.

He is the most brilliant small forward in the game right now.

Can't agree. Mannagh has been wonderful but Stengle takes the best small forward on a weekly basis.
Even in the last game against Port Adelaide, Stengle gave us 8 disposals & 3 goals in the first half when the game was still there to be won.
Fine to disagree.

They play different roles anyway. One is a forward pocket, one is a high half forward who supports stoppages.

What is not up for dispute is Mannagh over the past 9 weeks matching Moore's 2024 average output in a very similar role.

"In retrospect, we made a mistake. He should have played round 1 and stayed in the team" - Chris Scott

He also said that he wasn't going that well, had some personal stuff going on with having a baby and that the time in the VFL made him more ready when he came back in. I wish all my mistakes worked out so well.

He also said that he wasn't going that well, had some personal stuff going on with having a baby and that the time in the VFL made him more ready when he came back in. I wish all my mistakes worked out so well.

Ty

People seem focused on the first half of the quote, conveniently ignoring the rest of what Scott said in regards to Shaun

Remove this Banner Ad

STOP, Mannagh Time!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back