Training Summer Footy Fix - 2022 training watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Only one not looking in ripping shape (to my eyes) either pre Christmas break or post is Impey. Always been a bit of a struggle for him to shred up, but no excuses for mine.
Not sure why as you'd think he'd be absolutely fired up to claim this stage of his career after some disappointing time out of the game for injuries.
Reckon he's a bonus player this year if he can get himself cherry ripe, not so much first marker on the whiteboard.

Only one not looking in ripping shape (to my eyes) either pre Christmas break or post is Impey. Always been a bit of a struggle for him to shred up, but no excuses for mine.
Not sure why as you'd think he'd be absolutely fired up to claim this stage of his career after some disappointing time out of the game for injuries.
Reckon he's a bonus player this year if he can get himself cherry ripe, not so much first marker on the whiteboard.
Impey is probably in the best shape of his career. His aerobic capacity has never been better

Impey is probably in the best shape of his career. His aerobic capacity has never been better

You've got to be joking right????

Take a look at image 9 in that group (image 3 isn't flattering either around the waist...)
Are you telling me that's the best shape of his career, coz I've seen him waaaaaaaaaay trimmer and more defined.
Those love handles and second chin look like a country footballer.
Can't actually believe what you've written....absolutely gobsmacked.

Also saw pictures of him pre the break and he was irrefutably out of shape.
Bizzarre.

Take a look at image 9 in that group (image 3 isn't flattering either around the waist...)
Are you telling me that's the best shape of his career, coz I've seen him waaaaaaaaaay trimmer and more defined.

Bizzarre.
Yeah - so was Darren Jarman. Just hoping that Impey can get as out of shape as DJ.

You can't even see his body with that tea shirt on. Impey is tracking just fine. Gee you want to have a look at him with his shirt off before you huff and puff about how overweight he is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope our conditioning team has the boys primed to go for round 1 this year.

Bit over our traditional slow starts to the season followed by a late spurt of form in the last 8 rounds.

Realistically in the AFL if you lose the first 3 matches the odds of you making the finals are pretty damn low.

I know this could be considered a development year but I would live it if we turn into round 12 with the team still a live chance of finals. Makes it much more engaging as both a player and spectator.

Also our draw in the first 5 games is actually pretty good this year so why not have the lads absolutely primed to go all out from the get go?

Bizzarre.
Well he is in the best running shape of his career.

Yeah - so was Darren Jarman. Just hoping that Impey can get as out of shape as DJ.

That would be the dumbest idea I've ever read.
I like Imps, but he couldn't hold Jarman's jock in any equation regarding their abilities.
Impey needs to be in great shape to carry out a role for this Club full stop.

Just went back to the Club website to take a reminder look at some earlier galleries to confirm what I had been remembering.
Training from 13/12/21 pic 6 you can see he's carrying a pouch.

Bizzarre.

Having looked at the photos, I agree he looks a little on the fluffier side.
Reckon it will come off pretty quick though.

Surely not- never seen a Tasmanian so tanned!
I got back yesterday from 2.5 weeks in Launceston - the sun (when it was out) is brutal down there these days.

Rained the entire last week though :rolleyes:

I got back yesterday from 2.5 weeks in Launceston - the sun (when it was out) is brutal down there these days.

Rained the entire last week though :rolleyes:
Sadly very true- Tasmania has some of the thinnest O-zone in the country.
Lovely place for a visit in Winter/Spring, less so in Summer for mine!

Remove this Banner Ad

Training Summer Footy Fix - 2022 training watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Back