List Mgmt. Supplementary Selection Period - 2 spots available

Which player(s) should Richmond give a rookie spot to?

• Derek Eggmolesse-Smith

• Nicholas Couroupis

• Rhyan Mansell

• Joshua Green

• No player selected, save places for the 2021 MSD / 2021 ND

• One player selected and one place saved for 2021 MSD or ND

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Imagine Townsend on egg
I know who I'd rather and he ain't here

I don't want any peaheart playing for the tiges.

EGGS sh*t the bed too many times to even warrant selection.

What happened to don't let the gurnsey hit the ground?

Shithouse decision
Pretty sure I remember players like Short & Houli getting criticised for being soft too
They turned out alright and they even play the same position as DES

Last edited:
Pretty sure I remember players like Short & Houli getting criticised for being soft too
They turned out alright and they even play the same position as DES

DES makes Short and Houli efforts the equivalent of Vlastuin, Baker and Townsend level of toughness with the way he plays. His efforts against Port in particular was the first time I've been embarrassed by a Richmond player and we have had some seriously shit players, play for us in the past.

He has also been the laziest player on the list since arriving. Comes back from off season nearly 10 kg's overweight and late to training sessions. Would be the last person I would be offering an opportunity too.

DES makes Short and Houli efforts the equivalent of Vlastuin, Baker and Townsend level of toughness with the way he plays. His efforts against Port in particular was the first time I've been embarrassed by a Richmond player and we have had some seriously sh*t players, play for us in the past.

He has also been the laziest player on the list since arriving. Comes back from off season nearly 10 kg's overweight and late to training sessions. Would be the last person I would be offering an opportunity too.

I suppose there is another way of looking at a player who does this. They have a lot of scope for improvement if they can solve the discipline issues. He has clearly presented a lot better this year, reports of working with a PT and video of him running strongly in pre-season indicate this, not to mention the club reinstating him.

I am interested to see how that translates into on field performance this season. And good on him for fighting his way back onto the list.

Imagine Townsend on egg
I know who I'd rather and he ain't here

I don't want any peaheart playing for the tiges.

EGGS sh*t the bed too many times to even warrant selection.

What happened to don't let the gurnsey hit the ground?

Shithouse decision

I imagine for much of the game egg would run rings around townsend...

It's the last spot on the list and there isn't many options after two drafts.

B Ellis got a game for a long time...

Last edited:
Sorry I just do not get it. I've seen enough of the egg. IF the reports of him coming back overweight to start a last chance pre-season are true then the decision is even more confusing. I would rather they kept the list spot free to look at mid year options. Having said all that, good luck to the kid. I hope he proves me wrong.

midyear draft will be interesting I think we have 1 spot. Chance to have a look at some Vics in particular that haven’t played for 10 months

I don't think the tigers have any spots with the addition of Mansell and DES.

unless Soldo is placed on the injury list. Dimma comments made that sound unlikely.

I guess houli is another possibility? :(

Last edited:
Sorry I just do not get it. I've seen enough of the egg. IF the reports of him coming back overweight to start a last chance pre-season are true then the decision is even more confusing. I would rather they kept the list spot free to look at mid year options. Having said all that, good luck to the kid. I hope he proves me wrong.

He got two brownlow votes in a game last season. There is something to work with clearly (?)

I don't think the tigers have any spots with the addition of Mansell and DES.

unless Soldo is placed on the injury list. Dimma comments made that sound unlikely.

I guess houli is another possibility? :(
My bad I just read on our site that our list is completed for 21
I was looking at our list and with the addition of Egg and Mansell we have 43 on the list (including cat b).
AFL rules state list sizes must be a minimum of 37 and maximum of 44, so we are still 1 short of that maximum.
No Soldo, Mate hasn’t arrived, Stacky uncertain!!

Last edited:
I wouldn’t rule out a pick in the mid season draft if there’s someone we really like. Soldo can be put on an inactive list freeing a spot or a Grigga like scenario.
I was a bit surprised that we went Mansell and Egg, would have thought one of those guys who’ll play similar small back roles. Obviously the other 2 kids training with us weren’t rated

I wouldn’t rule out a pick in the mid season draft if there’s someone we really like. Soldo can be put on an inactive list freeing a spot or a Grigga like scenario.
I was a bit surprised that we went Mansell and Egg, would have thought one of those guys who’ll play similar small back roles. Obviously the other 2 kids training with us weren’t rated

I'm guessing they are worried about houli

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I suppose there is another way of looking at a player who does this. They have a lot of scope for improvement if they can solve the discipline issues. He has clearly presented a lot better this year, reports of working with a PT and video of him running strongly in pre-season indicate this, not to mention the club reinstating him. I am interested to see how that translates into on field performance this season. And good on him for fighting his way back onto the list.
Seriously who would the egg fight?!?!

I've been critical of Eggs attack on the footy at times but I think you have your wires crossed there from previous seasons. Egg came back in top shape having hired a trainer. If you read his interview he's put on muscle and speed. He was obviously impressive enough to be signed on again. Trust the club, they dont get much wrong these days.

I'm a bit surprised that we listed 2 HBF, but I guess Markov has left, Stack???, and Houli nearing the end means we need depth in that area.
As far as midfielders go, we've got Ross, RCD, Martyn already unable to break into the team - as well as Bolton basically forced into the forward line and arguments over which of Caddy/Pickett we have room for in the team and who misses.

I'm a bit surprised that we listed 2 HBF, but I guess Markov has left, Stack???, and Houli nearing the end means we need depth in that area.
As far as midfielders go, we've got Ross, RCD, Martyn already unable to break into the team - as well as Bolton basically forced into the forward line and arguments over which of Caddy/Pickett we have room for in the team and who misses.
We also lost turner as well who played the role plus the question marks over Naish still linger

I don't think Hawthorn ended up signing Jackson Callow, but Essendon did go for Kaine Baldwin. Hopefully we keep an eye on Callow in the SANFL this year as a potential mid-year signing.

Happy with the Egg. We know what he does well is above AFL average standard. What he doesn't do well is trainable.

I still expect him to not have an extended AFL career. But he has the ability to be another Bachar if all goes right. That is, IF IT ALL GOES RIGHT.

Good on you Egg. Hope you leave no stone unturned.

My bad I just read on our site that our list is completed for 21
I was looking at our list and with the addition of Egg and Mansell we have 43 on the list (including cat b).
AFL rules state list sizes must be a minimum of 37 and maximum of 44, so we are still 1 short of that maximum.
No Soldo, Mate hasn’t arrived, Stacky uncertain!!

. M. Rioli.
01. Ralphsmith. Dow. Nyuon. Martyn. Cumberland.
00. Ryan. Ross. Mansell. Stack. RCD.
99. Balta. Miller. Ccj. Colina. Naish.
98. Bolton. Garthwaite. Graham. Baker. DES.

97. D. Rioli. Chol.
96. George. Soldo. Short.
94. Aarts. Nankervis. Vlastuin. McIntosh.
93. Broad.

92. Lynch. Prestia. Caddy. Pickett.
91. Lambert. Grimes. Martin. Astbury.
90. Cotchin.
88. Edwards. Houli. Riewoldt

I've been critical of Eggs attack on the footy at times but I think you have your wires crossed there from previous seasons. Egg came back in top shape having hired a trainer. If you read his interview he's put on muscle and speed. He was obviously impressive enough to be signed on again. Trust the club, they dont get much wrong these days.

Yep no worries, I thought it was last season. It's not his ability I question, more his composure when the heat is on. That Port game last year where he just froze like a statue.......it's hard to teach courage. I trust the club but I am free to disagree with their decisions from time to time.

He didn’t come back overweight

Yep no worries, I thought it was last season. It's not his ability I question, more his composure when the heat is on. That Port game last year where he just froze like a statue.......it's hard to teach courage. I trust the club but I am free to disagree with their decisions from time to time.
Yep, I've been critical of the Egg too but the club obviously like that he's made the changes they've asked for and it was telling that he played minutes in the only competitive hit out before the season. They also made the poor bugger wait til deadline day. Lol.

Anyway, he's in and one of the team now. He has my 100% support. Let's hope he makes a go of it. Good Swan Hill lad I believe. My old stomps. Go Tyntyndyer !

Whilst I respect your freedom to agree or disagree, personally I find I disagree with the club less and less these days. Cheers mate.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Supplementary Selection Period - 2 spots available

Back