Swans, Crows not top two: Malthouse

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure where the theories have evolved about Sydney having an easy draw. Teams they play twice are Geelong (2nd on ladder last year and premiers),Haw (3rd), StKilda (6th) Western Bulldogs (10th) and GWS (new)

Compare that to Adelaide
Geelong (2nd) Fremantle (11th) Port (16th) Suns (17th) and GWS (new)

Its very unfair to be throwing Sydney into the same camp as Adelaide. They have a very tough draw with three of their five return games being against finallists from last season.

wait, this was the Fremantle that just demolished the WCE? - who went on to beat Geelong? and Geelong who had a pretty handy win against the Hawks the previous weeks?

Sure, throw Port, the Suns and GWS into the mix but there is no need to be a complete knob about it.

Do you think Adelaide is a better team than Hawthorn? Just a yes or no answer will suffice thank you.
Game style - Adelaide
Coach - Adelaide
Defence - Adelaide
Midfield - Adelaide
Ruck - Adelaide
Forward Line - Hawthorn (Adelaides is still very strong)

5/6 therefore Adelaide... :thumbsu:

Also Adelaide didnt get belted by Sydney or Richmond....

Or trade your games for the teams we play twice. Geelong, Sydney, West Coast & Collingwood. With our draw, you probably wouldn't even make the 8.

Sydney have only lost to two teams in the top eight, they also have both Hawthorn and Geelong in their final three games which will determine if they get a top two spot. If they beat Hawthorn again, and/or Geelong at Simmonds how can you honestly say they don't deserve that top two spot?

Do you think Adelaide is a better team than Hawthorn? Just a yes or no answer will suffice thank you.

yeah, nice loaded question. :rolleyes:

just a yes no my arse, clearly it is a subjective answer which you are trying to simplfy down to a yes no answer in order to build a argument based on such stupidity.

so based on facts - yes they are, ladder wise they are above Hawthorn - being the ladder is the only measure we have, the Crows are a better team.

on subjective topics - forms, ability against legit top 4 sides, experience, mental weakness, well we could be here all day - lets just wait a few weeks and find out.

That question doesn't have a simple answer but you want it to so it fits your agenda.. Hawthorn are far more developed and experienced.. Hawthorn would be classed a better team but have dropped games that a so called much better team should win.. Which raises the question are they as good and consistent as some may think..
Don't get smashed by Richmond or lead the Swans at half time by a few goals and get smashed.. and then complain about draws and rubbish like that ;)

If we are so shit, why are you worried that we will get top 2?

If you play us, you will wipe the floor with us yeah?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sydney are definitely where they should be ATM.

Adelaide might have a boost from the draw, but they would still be Top 4 without it.

So they might get a home final with an AFL assist. Looks like a karma payback to me.

wait, this was the Fremantle that just demolished the WCE? - who went on to beat Geelong? and Geelong who had a pretty handy win against the Hawks the previous weeks?

Sure, throw Port, the Suns and GWS into the mix but there is no need to be a complete knob about it.

You can only go by last years ladder position when comparing draws, unless you are Nostradamus. Freo have only improved 2 ladder positions, by the way.

Hahahaha hawthorn supporters.

You can only go by last years ladder position when comparing draws, unless you are Nostradamus. Freo have only improved 2 ladder positions, by the way.

true, but it wasn't like those games were penned in for wins, especially the home game against Freo.

I can cop the 2 extra wins against the GWS and Suns (and maybe Port) but the wins against Freo and the win against Geelong were well deserved I would have thought.

true, but it wasn't like those games were penned in for wins, especially the home game against Freo.

I can cop the 2 extra wins against the GWS and Suns (and maybe Port) but the wins against Freo and the win against Geelong were well deserved I would have thought.

Congrats on beating a team that didnt make the finals last year and is still not in the eight.

Those two you admit to extra wins puts you in the top four, with percentage boosted by about 5-7 pips. And thats not counting the Port one.

Let's not forget we also won the NAB cup. Although NAB cup generally that doesn't mean much when you factor in another 5 wins at the start of the season it adds at least partially to the legitimacy of our ladder position. Top 4 is pretty even for mine, some teams have the wood over the others (Adelaide & Collingwood>Sydney, Collingwood > Adelaide etc..).

How are they extra wins? Your just assuming we would lose to whoever else we play...

Indeed I am. You play fewer games against top four teams and therefore wont be tested on that.

I am also assuming that just about any half decent team that would play six games against the three worst sides would win all of them.

Those two extra wins puts you in the top four, with percentage boosted by about 5-7 pips
It is really only one bonus game (the return match of GC or GWS) that is excessive. And of course looking at exposed form, whatever the alternate match-up might have been, they would still have a better than even chance to take home the 4 points.

Remove this Banner Ad

Swans, Crows not top two: Malthouse

Remove this Banner Ad

Back