Autopsy Swans end our 2024 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Longmire calling out the fact their method was good and what won it. That's precisely correct. 1 team had a quality game plan the other went back to our old failing gameplan that has failed for 10 years.

Can you call running around aimlessly and bombing into the f50 a game plan?

Rozee was the least of our worries tonight. Worked pretty hard all game and kicked 2 goals.

He's never going to be a consested tackling beast so just use him to his strength

You can rag on about Rozee not tackling but he had 4x as many tackles as JHF which never gets talked about
Rozee missed several tackles, made several key errors, pulled out of a couple hard ball contests. He was disgusting. 2 nice pretty goals don't change that.

Time to move him forward and if he doesn't cut it then move on. Him as a mid isn't working.

This- how many times have we seen this, Hinks and his gameplan suck, total clearsnce dominance and still couldnt shift the dial. - "The Swans pulled further away in the second term with their ball movement up and running as well as having more potency in the forward half, going into the main break with a 25-point advantage even as the Power dominated the clearances 26-9."

Boak had a poor game because he was tasked with playing as an elite half back flanker (Houston or Farrells role).. which he clearly can't do. He's not a good kick and never has been.

Instead he brought in Burton and moved Burgoyne back to the wing, even though he was BOG at half back last week.

It's just poor coaching to put boak in that position

Rozee missed several tackles, made several key errors, pulled out of a couple hard ball contests. He was disgusting. 2 nice pretty goals don't change that.

Time to move him forward and if he doesn't cut it then move on. Him as a mid isn't working.

Move on..? Like delist him?

What are you crazy

Sorry to be rude but people that bought prelim tickets + accom + exorbitant plane flights are complete and utter morons and deserved what they got.

I’d expect 95% of them are Ken loving happy clappers
Harsh, but yeah you're probably right.

Sydney just worked the ball from end to end with short kicks to absolute perfection. It was almost beautiful to watch how precise their kicking was and how clean their marking was. We had no answers and they just pulled us apart.

Basically everyone was below par but there were a few who were truly horrendous. Zerk-Thatcher was just a disaster. Bergman played arguably his worst game ever. Fumbly, couldn't break a tackle, couldn't spoil or hold a mark. Where did that rubbish come from? Mead, Ratugolea and Byrne-Jones gave us absolutely nothing (14 possessions between that trio).

Aliir pretty much the only player who enhanced his reputation in any way.

And so ends another disastrous finals campaign that has practically come to define the essence of what our club is all about. Minor round heroes, major round flops.
Losing to Sydney in Sydney is not that surprising but more needs to be said about the disastrous Geelong final where absolutely nobody showed up.How is that possible?

LOL at FiveAA.

Caller: Why didn't they play Zerk-Thatcher?
Campo: He did play.
Caller: They really should've played him.
Timmy G: Zerk-Thatcher? He was out there
Caller: No I don't think he was.
Campo and Timmy G: ...

I'm still not sure if that was intentional performance art or what.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Boak had a poor game because he was tasked with playing as an elite half back flanker (Houston or Farrells role).. which he clearly can't do. He's not a good kick and never has been.

Instead he brought in Burton and moved Burgoyne back to the wing, even though he was BOG at half back last week.

It's just poor coaching to put boak in that position
I mean he kicked like 2.12 this year forward of the ball so there’s that theory out the window.

There is no excusing Boaks performance, he is a serial loser unfortunately

Move on..? Like delist him?
Try him in some new positions over the next couple years, find something that works or make the tough call. Right now he shouldn't be our captain, he was appalling, and we need to find a way to make him useful. If he goes forward and fails to compete at the level then you move on. I hope that as a half forward though he would be able to impact the game. We need a half forward, we need some X factor down there and he isn't working in the middle, I think it's a no brainer.

I am pretty numb to losing finals nowadays and expect it but I am really disappointed with this one.

The Swans did not exactly come out firing and looked very nervous. We had a great opportunity here but basically gave them their first few goals to get them up and running. Imagine if we started with the same fire and intensity as last week, The doubts for Sydney would have crept in big time......but no, we reverted to the same old Hinkley Port Adelaide...as expected.

Really pissed off because of another wasted season.

LOL at FiveAA.

Timmy G: Zerk-Thatcher was out there

Just a crows dickhead

Coaching masterclass selecting Dixon and then the old tried and tested bomb it on his head game plan. One that’s worked wonders over the years so let’s persist with it.

Then add Rat to the equation who is a big body but provides nothing.

Who can also forget our lack of any type of positional moves to try to win the game?

When is Groundhog Day going to end?

LOL at FiveAA.

Timmy G: Zerk-Thatcher was out there

crows barracker

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Swans end our 2024 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back