Autopsy Swans end our 2024 season

Remove this Banner Ad

27f0eee132a4ab0bcd343a14d086b8dc.jpg

Nah u can blame the players..

Their skill errors, their softness, lack of pressure, failing to handle moments, missed tackles.. plenty to blame

I’m not letting them off.. same culprits each big game.

who do you think coaches them?

At the start of the season I had doubts Mead would make it. About 2/3 of the way through this season he changed my mind. He was playing some decent footy. But his form dropped away from that point. His finals’ campaign was poor.

So poor last night he was subbed.

The one thing I noticed at the game it took until 3 quarter time for the coaching staff to make actual line up changes.
They moved rat back down back and Evans to the wing, think that was the only changes through out the night.
This is spot on. Dixon or Ratugolea should have been subbed off for a small player by HT.

Really missed mcentees pressure, wonder if he would have registered a touch considering his sanfl counterparts couldnt get over 7 touches

Mornings after losing prelims suck

Anyone notice sometimes when the game is completely over and the pressure is off and it's too late, that we start functioning properly and end up kicking junk time goals?
I thought with 10 mins to go and we got those 2 quick goals we were a silly chance. Then a JHF handball gets intercepted ,Frankie drops 2 marks in goal scoring range and our run was over. Swans shut it down. I've said it before, our depth is not good enough, but some of our seasoned players failed again.

Nah u can blame the players..

Their skill errors, their softness, lack of pressure, failing to handle moments, missed tackles.. plenty to blame

I’m not letting them off.. same culprits each big game.
That failing at handing big moments has been an issue for as long as Ken's been here , he installs this shit in them.
Skill errors sure, this is his list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would normally yell out "Dixon you useless log" but when he bent over to try pick the ball up (3rd qtr maybe) and the swans players just whisked it up and ran off, I actually pitied him. I think he was benched after that and given a spray by bad Daddy.

I would normally yell out "Dixon you useless log" but when he bent over to try pick the ball up (3rd qtr maybe) and the swans players just whisked it up and ran off, I actually pitied him. I think he was benched after that and given a spray by bad Daddy.
Imagine spraying someone you picked despite them being physically incapable.

How many of Sydney goals from turnovers? Boak did bust his gut but those kicks were just woeful. To say we missed Faz and Dan would be an understatement
I think it was something like 12.2 from turnovers? We have no structure at all, this becomes painfully evident at the game. Too many panicked disposals out of defence to opponents reading our play better than we do.

It's all on the coaches. Players don't have the luxury of knowing where their teammates are, and this destroys their confidence. Became evident quite early on.

Ken:

All the prelims are so far apart, you can't draw a correlation, we had 11 different players from our last prelim, we had a whole new coaching group, etc.

Well I guess that means the reason why we keep losing in the same manner, despite all the change must be the coach then? Hey Ken?

What a ****ing numbnut. You can replace all the parts in an old car, but if you're still running with the samecar at the end of the day nothing is changing. We need to park the old piece of shit, and try something new.
^ to be fair to the media, I just watched the presser and it was good to see 1 journo did call him out for being the common denominator in all their prelim losses.

How many of Sydney goals from turnovers? Boak did bust his gut but those kicks were just woeful. To say we missed Faz and Dan would be an understatement

Yep. It's no excuse in the bigger picture but Houston and Farrell out just killed us last night.

The general theory coming into the finals was that we would struggle without them. Against Geelong our entire game fell apart so we didn't miss them and against Hawthorn the entire backline just stood up and played an excellent game so you hardly noticed they were missing. But last night, just wow. The turnovers off half back from players who would not normally be asked to go for those kicks were just blindingly obvious and almost all of them resulted in Sydney goals. Pretty much all of Sydney's goals in the first quarter happened that way.

I'm not saying we would've won if they played but gee we would've been in the game much longer I reckon.

Nice night to sit and watch footy for the first time at the SCG, nice oval. I can see higher up is better.

Boak and Dixon rubbish. I may cop this but Drew lacks a bit in finals. But so do a lot.

Sydney played 4 forwards high and cleared out their 50, they also collapsed deep back into our 50 knowing we would bomb it.

Once again, why didn’t we have music and athmosphere on our goals like Sydney? Same with Hawks last week! Strange.

It’s a real shame we are a Vic club where we get 10 free ins row and frees infront of goals to help us reclaim momentum.

Sydney’s dead eye conversion put the first nail in our coffin.

Alir a beast, you will still my girlfriend I suspect, she loves you!
Because of the size of the SCG, the half forward line is effectively taken out of the game. Sydney, as you would expect, played it perfectly by pushing their forwards high to clear space for the deep forwards. Dixon's selection was ridiculous. Not only immobile but crowded Georgi's space and competed against Ratugolea. Deplorable coaching from such a shit coach. Useless.

Because of the size of the SCG, the half forward line is effectively taken out of the game. Sydney, as you would expect, played it perfectly by pushing their forwards high to clear space for the deep forwards. Dixon's selection was ridiculous. Not only immobile but crowded Georgi's space and competed against Ratugolea. Deplorable coaching from such a shit coach. Useless.
It's weird how everyone can see this except them?

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Swans end our 2024 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back