Autopsy Swans end our 2024 season

Remove this Banner Ad

I agree with all this but I still feel that our run into the finals was a quality performance against good sides. To then put in 2 pathetic efforts in 3 of the finals is so PA under Hinkles.

SACK HINKLEY.
Yeah that's definitely the bit that hurts the most. We were rolling, and winning in games and ways we hadn't in years, and then the big lights came and we reverted straight to Hinkleyball.

Could be I'm just projecting, but I think it's telling how muted the responses are here and elsewhere. Despite some superficial pre-game optimism, it feels like we could all see this coming, recognised it immediately as it was beginning to unfold, and knew how it was going to end. Even Ken was relaxed and waxing philosophical in his post-loss press conference. Everything that needs to be said was said weeks, months, years ago. Just going through the motions.

Okay I have some more time to write this in detail.

During the Hawks game I noticed when they kicked a goal, Maccas’s came up, replay and music.

When we kicked a goal, there was no Macca’s promo or music, atmosphere for our goals to theirs was chalk and cheese.

At the Sydney game I noticed the exact same thing.

Is it a big deal probably not but it did pump up the crowd, atmosphere and would have charged the Sydney players post a goal.

However, I thought the finals being an AFl controlled game provided equality to both teams in this environment?

I thought it was a bit bogus didn’t happen for our goals, probably not something noticed if watched TV.

The overall experience was good however. DJ, singer, a lot of razz and dazzle.

I agree that our list is pretty poor, but when your best 5 players don’t give a yelp every single final they play, it’s particularly galling.
Not often we disagree PJ but we do on this occasion.
I think our list is pretty good. It does have some holes in it but so do all teams.
The game plan and coach are our biggest flaws.

During the Hawks game I noticed when they kicked a goal, Maccas’s came up, replay and music.

When we kicked a goal, there was no Macca’s promo or music, atmosphere for our goals to theirs was chalk and cheese.

Is it a big deal probably not but it did pump up the crowd, atmosphere and would have charged the Sydney players post a goal.

However, I thought the finals being an AFl controlled game provided equality to both teams in this environment?

I thought it was a bit bogus didn’t happen for our goals, probably not something noticed if watched TV.

We used to do this at our home finals and opposition would complain. It is what it is. How much motivation do we need ffs

We used to do this at our home finals and opposition would complain. It is what it is. How much motivation do we need ffs
I know but the AFl came over the top and made it equal.

Hell it happened at our home game.

I thought we played OK but the gameplan and especially the forward bombing just continually killed us all game.

We had a fair amount of bad turnovers which resulted in goals

Overall our midfield was outclassed and they just stuck to their system and exploited us whenever they could.

I think our list is pretty good. It does have some holes in it but so do all teams.
Na. Give me the holes in the GWS, Bris, Sydney or Geelong teams right now as they stand. I don't see any Narkles,Rats,Dixons,Jed's,Frankie's on their playing lists that are competing in these finals.
Having said that, I agree that we do have issues with a certain coach.

1) Why do we need to play music after goals? We’re not a Queensland club or a Melbourne minnow forcing ‘atmosphere’ in an echoing cavern that’s too big for them.

2) They scrapped the finals stadium neutrality after we got special dispensation to play NTUA before the 2014 Elimination Final and they realised how stupid the prior rule was.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Biggest worry from the last two finals series is the way the team seems to give up prematurely. Half time in both the QF and the PF we were still in with a sniff but the body language and resultant third quarter shellackings were of a team that had already checked out.

Unless everything is perfect and the game is played on Port's terms, we are shot. There is no way for things to turn around as the system is completely inflexible and we rely on individual brilliance to change momentum. I thought Rozee's goal in the second quarter could do that but noone was able to follow that up. When our stars are down (or subbed out as with Butters in the QF) then the team loses their bundle and the emotion sags out of the contest.

No doubt the game plan and coaches are THE recurring issue. Equally, I don’t want to see a finals forward line with any of Dixon, Ratugolea, Evans and Narkle in it again.

Even Mead, whom I haven’t given up all hope on, needs to pose something of a scoreboard threat. He played half forward all year and I can’t remember the last goal he kicked. The set shot snap from the boundary line in the second quarter was an amateur attempt at goal. Embarrassing for a so-called highly skilled player.

1) Why do we need to play music after goals? We’re not a Queensland club or a Melbourne minnow forcing ‘atmosphere’ in an echoing cavern that’s too big for them.

2) They scrapped the finals stadium neutrality after we got special dispensation to play NTUA before the 2014 Elimination Final and they realised how stupid the prior rule was.
So why were Hawks getting. Music here after their goals but not ours?

Biggest worry from the last two finals series is the way the team seems to give up prematurely. Half time in both the QF and the PF we were still in with a sniff but the body language and resultant third quarter shellackings were of a team that had already checked out.

Unless everything is perfect and the game is played on Port's terms, we are shot. There is no way for things to turn around as the system is completely inflexible and we rely on individual brilliance to change momentum. I thought Rozee's goal in the second quarter could do that but noone was able to follow that up. When our stars are down (or subbed out as with Butters in the QF) then the team loses their bundle and the emotion sags out of the contest.

Haven’t you worked it out ye, you are the perennial runner ups

WAIT

Port has become the

GLENELG. OF THE AFL

Not surprised with the Cornes boys so entrenched at the club with Kochie and Kenny

At least you will always be competitive

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I feel bad for the people that wasted their money going across. I was never prepared to do something like that knowing the near inevitable failure was always so likely, but those people were sucked in again and wasted thousands.
*hundreds

And I did get to meet BigFooty poster Lefti (?). That was probably the highlight of an otherwise miserable night at the footy surrounded by South Melbourne fans thinking they support a club from Sydney.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Swans end our 2024 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back