tredrea16

Rookie
Nov 15, 2005
adeliade
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adeliade
who will get elavated to the senior list next year out of the swans rookies...i havent seen any of them play and was wondering who will go on and play 4 sydney?

sydneys first rookie choice of 8, being jonathon simpkin has had a fantastic year up there... prob unlucky not to get drafted after his tac/ nation champs year. kicked plenty of goals and very high possesion winner. high kick to hanball ratio also, which can help certain players...
phillips (sandringham ) has all ready been elevated right, was that him that played not long ago...????

Currently in the B &F for the Reserves, Simpkin would be a mile ahead of the others. Jack, Rowe, Wall and Currie have all shown something at times but Simpkin is a standout.I believe he will finish in the top 6 in the B&F.

Because Phillips is replacing 'long term injury' (very very long term) Paul Williams, he's not permanently on the senior list and Sydney will need to decide at the end of the year whether to promote him.

There are very few Sydney senior players at risk of being delisted. Spriggs, Matt Davis, Willoughby and perhaps one of Doyle/Ericksen basically form the entire list, and it would be a shock if all of them went. When adding at least 3 national draft picks that must be used, the scope for rookie promotion at the end of the year is very minimal indeed. While '2 players out, 1 in' trades can also get the numbers down, such trades really aren't that common.

You can always sniff the wind about what the hierarchy thinks of individual players by looking at stories on the Swans website. They wouldn't be running a story on Ed Barlow this close to the end of the year if he was about to be delisted. Given that most of the rookies have shown something, I can only think that a large number will get a 2nd year on the rookie list (only Garrubba has had 2 years, and he'll go).

Willoughby is not a rookie. He's been there three years and has not played a game. Schmidt and Phillips have gone past him. As a low draft pick he could be traded. As for Barlow, it does seem that he is earmarked for something. His size and his background suggest that his best is before him. I agree that Garrubba is likely to be delisted.

bigswan said:
Currently in the B &F for the Reserves, Simpkin would be a mile ahead of the others. Jack, Rowe, Wall and Currie have all shown something at times but Simpkin is a standout.I believe he will finish in the top 6 in the B&F.

You have talked up simpkin, is he a player sydney will look at playing next year? what is his position that he plays in reserves?

can someone please give me some information on ed barlow. eg where he is playing in the reserves and how he has been going? will he get promoted next year, another year on rookie list, or delisted?

Remove this Banner Ad

swans rookies

Remove this Banner Ad

Back