News Swans Talk in the Media: 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Announcement: Swans YouTube Channel
So thanks to the awesome Kennedy Parker you will notice a sticky post at the top of the pages now. This link will take you directly to the Swans YouTube channel which features interviews etc.

I feel this article is more than a little disingenuous. COVID put a mockery on all our home ground attendances last year, feels a bit like never get the truth in way of great story.

Very much written for his Victorian readers. They love a good Sydney bash. Both the city and the team. And they are his biggest potential market. So it's pretty much click bait.
I'll stick as much as possible to serious journalists who at least attempt to play it straight.
If anyone hasn't read it, the match report on THEMONGRELPUNT.com is very good. Far more worth your time, even your $, than this shite.

What's so very disappointing about the entire EPSN article is that its written by a Sydney journalist. How can a journalist based in Sydney fail to so utterly understand AFL in Sydney? Or the fact Swans fans have a rusted on base now. Instead it feeds into every misinterpretation and falsehood already paraded about by the Vic media.

Poor journalism Stuart Randall, worse yet, lazy. How bitterly disappointing for NSW AFL fans when a so called NSW journalist provides not even balanced reporting. No wonder AFL will always be an under dog in NSW media, even our own are shit against us.

I feel this article is more than a little disingenuous. COVID put a mockery on all our home ground attendances last year, feels a bit like never get the truth in way of great story.

That article is a heap of shit

You're too kind Ticky009

'Journo' is a w***er.

EDIT; Been stewing on this for close to the last hour.
So I'll just add I'm a Melbourne based supporter and this whole Sydney fanbase is fickle and will drop off if we have a downturn narrative gives me the shits.
We have an established and passionate Sydney based membership that is as rusted on as any we have.
Bloody annoying lazy ill-informed 'journalism'.
Sydney home attendance. Doesn't seem to matter where we place

Screenshot_20210411-073739_Chrome.jpg

Florent doesn't need evidence of his improved kicking, it's obvious to anyone watching. I feel like good players don't need stats to be validated but stats end up validating poor players.

But I realise I'm being a grouch and shouldn't have dismissed what was a valid contribution with your original post. So my bad there mate.
Ok... with posting like this we don't need mods around here anymore.

Kennedy Parker swansfan51 scaryness time to get Pensions sorted!!

Not sure he was ever as bad as this board was saying.

Playing more of an outside role has helped him this year. He has found more time time and composure and his evasion skills have really helped.

Very much written for his Victorian readers. They love a good Sydney bash. Both the city and the team. And they are his biggest potential market. So it's pretty much click bait.
I'll stick as much as possible to serious journalists who at least attempt to play it straight.
If anyone hasn't read it, the match report on THEMONGRELPUNT.com is very good. Far more worth your time, even your $, than this sh*te.
ESPN is owned by Disney.

Think this particular journo would be better deployed manning the turnstiles at one of their theme parks.

What's so very disappointing about the entire EPSN article is that its written by a Sydney journalist. How can a journalist based in Sydney fail to so utterly understand AFL in Sydney? Or the fact Swans fans have a rusted on base now. Instead it feeds into every misinterpretation and falsehood already paraded about by the Vic media.

Poor journalism Stuart Randall, worse yet, lazy. How bitterly disappointing for NSW AFL fans when a so called NSW journalist provides not even balanced reporting. No wonder AFL will always be an under dog in NSW media, even our own are sh*t against us.
A former board member told me Jon Pierik was told to but down the Swans at every chance.

12APR21: Florent talks Derby XX/AFL Website

(Log in to remove this ad.)

13APR21: John Longmire interview/SEN
Horse on sen

Or wearing a duck costume (Daisy that is)

Not trying to start a blue or anything but I feel it’s important to point these sort of things out.
Why would Daisy Duck be more derogatory than Daffy?
It’s not a big deal and I’m not doubting your treatment of women, but it does suggest the female to be of less value and that is something we should all be trying to right.

Not trying to start a blue or anything but I feel it’s important to point these sort of things out.
It’s not a big deal and I’m not doubting your treatment of women, but it does suggest the female to be of less value and that is something we should all be trying to right.
Id want someone called Daisy on my side way before someone called Daffy.. but, in the Words of Michael Luenig.. "its just a duck"

Jesus...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back