News Swans Talk in the Media: 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Announcement: Swans YouTube Channel
So thanks to the awesome Kennedy Parker you will notice a sticky post at the top of the pages now. This link will take you directly to the Swans YouTube channel which features interviews etc.

Ha great bit of language mangling by Tom Harley in AAP interview.

Either our CEO and St Peters Old Collegian doesn't know the meaning of 'repertoire,' or maybe the reporter misheard it and the desk editor waved it through, or perhaps there are three adult beings in Australia confused by repertoire/rapport. Perhaps it's a sign they have a good repertoire.

Screenshot 2021-05-07 131102.png

Without wishing to be a downer I wonder how Lewy Taylor feels when he reads a headline like Behind every great footballer* is a selfless, hard-working and loving mum.

For those that don't know the background, here's an Emma Quayle article prior to Lewy's drafting;
(Not a happy son/mum story)

*In before well Taylor isn't a great footballer
Thanks for posting, some great insight into Lewis Taylor's background.

It reminded me how much I miss Emma Quayle's articles.

Without wishing to be a downer I wonder how Lewy Taylor feels when he reads a headline like Behind every great footballer* is a selfless, hard-working and loving mum.

For those that don't know the background, here's an Emma Quayle article prior to Lewy's drafting;

Cheers for that. Didn't know he'd spent time in Mt Gambier (SA) where I grew up. I have my thoughts on his place and future with the team, but good on him for his effort in getting this far.

Thanks for that Hairy, brought a little tear to my eye, particularly reading it straight after the story about Errols mum.

Thanks for that Hairy, brought a little tear to my eye, particularly reading it straight after the story about Errols mum.
Reinforces the wisdom of being a bit gentle in dealing with young people's lives. They are often rather vulnerable at heart. Lewy for instance has been playing decent footy when the ressies have been able to get out on the track. Still doing his best in a tough game.

Reinforces the wisdom of being a bit gentle in dealing with young people's lives. They are often rather vulnerable at heart. Lewy for instance has been playing decent footy when the ressies have been able to get out on the track. Still doing his best in a tough game.
Yep we know so little about the guys out there.
Just two that come to mind (and were publicly disclosed); Mitch Morton and his anxiety disorder and Jack Maibaum's mum battling a terminal illness.

Serves as a reminder that the 22 we see out there on the weekend are a mix of individuals, each with their own personality, strengths, weaknesses and perhaps sometimes even their own demons they must overcome to perform on the big stage.

08MAY21: Dees vs Swans/Match Reports
Its never pretty reading after a loss but at hey, at least we're not North.

Last edited:
Yep we know so little about the guys out there.
Just two that come to mind (and were publicly disclosed); Mitch Morton and his anxiety disorder and Jack Maibaum's mum battling a terminal illness.

Serves as a reminder that the 22 we see out there on the weekend are a mix of individuals, each with their own personality, strengths, weaknesses and perhaps sometimes even their own demons they must overcome to perform on the big stage.

Sonder: https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/sonder

" The profound feeling of realizing that everyone, including strangers passed in the street, has a life as complex as one's own, which they are constantly living despite one's personal lack of awareness of it. "

(Log in to remove this ad.)

David King on SEN said Buddy took a mark and couldn't kick it at the time as there was 4 acres of land forward with no Swan to go to and when he kicked it the best defensive team all got back . How right he is for once .
Our movement was very poor on the weekend. Was the reason we were locked down in the second quarter. Could see plenty of times on the TV where we had the ball and just no one to kick too. Some of it was by design of how much we were flooding but others was due to no one making runs

Interesting the Herald Sun is so keen to make a big deal of this from Rampe without getting any evidence of what preceded it. He might've jumped on him for all we know. Yet not a word about May elbowing Buddy in the head.

Interesting the Herald Sun is so keen to make a big deal of this from Rampe without getting any evidence of what preceded it. He might've jumped on him for all we know. Yet not a word about May elbowing Buddy in the head.

I wouldn’t read that toilet paper. If you google afl every so often you’ll see these types of “stories” regularly in that toilet paper. It’s click bait nothing more nothing less.

Our movement was very poor on the weekend. Was the reason we were locked down in the second quarter. Could see plenty of times on the TV where we had the ball and just no one to kick too. Some of it was by design of how much we were flooding but others was due to no one making runs
At times there were free players and i was up high , we just refused !

10MAY21: Lazybits/Multiple
10MAY21: Horse/The Age
I have a question for you all.

In the instances that Horse holds a press interview like he did today - which is on the clubs website - do you want these links posted here? I'm aware that some people may miss these on the website.

I have a question for you all.

In the instances that Horse holds a press interview like he did today - which is on the clubs website - do you want these links posted here? I'm aware that some people may miss these on the website.

Yes from me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back