News Swans Talk in the Media: 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Announcement: Swans YouTube Channel
So thanks to the awesome Kennedy Parker you will notice a sticky post at the top of the pages now. This link will take you directly to the Swans YouTube channel which features interviews etc.

Stephens is not worth 400K/yr. If he gets recruited by another club with high expectations on his output he will be out of the AFL system in a couple of years. He needs some patient development and would be better off staying at the swans on small money and doing his time. He probably won't.

Matt Randall on SEN with Dwayne reckons Allir trade had more to do with salary cap issues than trade capital?
I think it had something to do with salary cap issues. It had more to do with the fact that
1. he was contracted
2. we could not match the offer, or were not willing to
3. Sydney would always do the best by every player (and by Sydney)if they have a much better offer somewhere else.
4. I think Sydney's care for player welfare is better than most
5. Allir has stated Sydney treated him with the utmost care and consideration

Matt Randall on SEN with Dwayne reckons Allir trade had more to do with salary cap issues than trade capital?
Yeah, the hot topic on the swans is salary cap issues atm.

We won't know until the end of the year, and chances are we'll never actually know what state our cap is in.

Looking forward to another 3 months talking about it though.

Aliir came out and said why. Randall needs to do his homework if he's claiming he was pushed out due to cap issues. Port came after Aliir and offered a better deal than we were willing to

“Port was willing to offer me longer term security and that was the big thing, but also being able to play in defence which is where I see myself playing my best football.

Anyone paying Stephen’s 400k right now is kidding themselves. My view is if he gets paid that amount on current performances his motivation to improve will be taking a big hit. Automatically getting that amount for being a t10 pick, poor and weak to comply with that if form does not warrant it

Yeah, the hot topic on the swans is salary cap issues atm.

We won't know until the end of the year, and chances are we'll never actually know what state our cap is in.

Looking forward to another 3 months talking about it though.

True all of that.

Rendell is a thickhead, baffled as to why anyone takes him seriously.

When all those draft pick to concessions to GC and GWS were revealed back in 2010[?], he actually said 'Giants and Suns are going to win every premiership for a decade from 2016.' Every time he opens his mouth something ridiculous comes out.

Anyone paying Stephen’s 400k right now is kidding themselves. My view is if he gets paid that amount on current performances his motivation to improve will be taking a big hit. Automatically getting that amount for being a t10 pick, poor and weak to comply with that if form does not warrant it
It's a deeper afl issue imo. GWS and GCS have lost multiple draftees due to go home factors + rediculous rise in draftees price. It's not about their form, it's about the fact that there's clubs willing to offer that money.

I totally agree it's a problem, but it's not the kids problem. Someone offers you $400k, you would be dumb not to look at it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't understand why the industry especially the media can't just appreciate the fact that with the Aliir trade everyone won. Sure some might feel it ended up better one way to another but all concerned parties walked away from the trade table feeling happy. Especially when you view it in the context of the way that players have performed this season.

I feel like every off season is like this for the swans though because the media types genuinely don't have an in at the club and we are notorious for doing business on the down low behind closed doors. No one had any idea about the buddy trade before it happened and that's debatably the biggest trade of all time.

It all just seems like the media is trying the manufacture a story on pure conjecture. If we really had the salary cap squeeze they keep going on about then why haven't we had to lose major players like Collingwood who genuinely have salary cap issues. Sure we've lost players but they haven't been top 10-15 players at the club when we lost them.

Matthew Lloyd, footy classified this week.

Who the fu** are these 4?

I get:

1. Blakey
2. Kennedy,

that’s it?

View attachment 1211484
Might be counting Warner even though he's available for selection? Maybe also crayfish who was best 22 last year, but obviously overtaken by Hickey this year.

Matthew Lloyd, footy classified this week.

Who the fu** are these 4?

I get:

1. Blakey
2. Kennedy,

that’s it?

View attachment 1211484
Must be counting Warner and Naismith. A fully fit Naismith is probably best 25 but he no longer would be best 22. Why did they list best 25? Bit weird. 3 of the best 25 wouldn't be playing.

21AUG21: Swans vs Suns Match Reports/Multiple
A fantastic win to end the home & away season. Here's hoping I'm updating match reports for another 4 weeks or so.

Further to be added when they appear

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back