Media Swans Talk in the Media 2024

Our club in the Media

Remove this Banner Ad

I know we all hate to hear it, but old Sydney town does l❤️ve a winner.

I think there's also an exclusivity thing about being at Swans games this year which is a natural momentum now. You want to go because you don't want to miss out and can say you were in these huge crowds.

I honestly wonder at what point they look at redeveloping some of those older stands to boost capacity by 5-10k.

If win a flag we will have 100k next season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I reckon we'll get that if we either pump the magpies in the grand final rather than our usual 1-2 goal wins, or we go back to back.

Issac Heeney being our poster boy and playing a starring role in the grannie. Plastered on every newspaper in Sydney.

Last edited:
I think there's also an exclusivity thing about being at Swans games this year which is a natural momentum now. You want to go because you don't want to miss out and can say you were in these huge crowds.

I honestly wonder at what point they look at redeveloping some of those older stands to boost capacity by 5-10k.
Yep for sure, the amount of people that are posing and taking selfies of themselves in the breaks of the games has increased ten fold this year.

scg6.jpg

I saw on TikTok that apparently Swans games have become a hub for young, single people looking to date. Matty Johns(?) from the NRL commented that it's even become a known thing in his rugby circles.

There was also that hilarious video of that Swans fan waving her scarf around singing "GO SWANNIES" to the tune of "Horny" by Mousse T (which I can't find now) but it was SO good and I think just encapsulates the lively vibe of the Swans this year.

(I should note that I'm only seeing the SCG from the TV, as I'm a Wozzie, but the atmosphere and crowds deadset look as electric as any I've seen watching footy.)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are a far better side now without Buddy (2012-13). We are completely unpredictable as to who will be the forward target and the mids now have the license to kick goals themselves rather than kicking it to Bud. The version of Buddy 2014 - 2020 is a totally different argument.

May have been a fairly tongue in cheek pisstake of the media coverage 😅

When's that from?

They should be redeveloping the stand with the big screen, it's so under-used and could boost membership bays.
Swans -redevelopment plans...

All grandstands, with the exception of ladies and members will be demolished and re-built.
Eventual capacity 55-60k.

We're at stage 2 of 4. MA Noble, Don Bradman & Dally Messenger Stands being the most recent builds.

*government depending.

Swans -redevelopment plans...

All grandstands, with the exception of ladies and members will be demolished and re-built.
Eventual capacity 55-60k.

We're at stage 2 of 4. MA Noble, Don Bradman & Dally Messenger Stands being the most recent builds.

*government depending.
Recent? They were done over ten years ago!!

19JUN24: Swans in the Media Part 2
Last edited:
I know we all hate to hear it, but old Sydney town does l❤️ve a winner.

True of every club, Sydney siders get tarred with the brush a bit too much

Apologies guys. I've been speculating alot about chads contract. I think you're right. Got caught up in the idea of not wanting to lose him. Which of course no one does. I won't post on it until at least this time next year. Cheers
No need to sweat it Ehswan, the 2 of them ain’t going anywhere! There’ll be some customary posturing from their managers, but that’s all… they’ll both stay 👍

Remove this Banner Ad

Media Swans Talk in the Media 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back