Media Swans Talk in the Media 2024

Our club in the Media

Remove this Banner Ad

Couple of interviews in the weekend's ABC AFL shows:

Rowy interview (from 13-23 min mark):

Tom Harley interview (from 1:26:00-1:43:00 min mark):

Two take away a from the Rowie interview:

1. It sounded like Grundy really could have done with a rest at the 3/4 part of the season.
  2. He was asked about whether he talks footy with BT, and he interestingly noted that they don’t talk footy when they meet around Easter and Xmas. Makes me think he doesn’t go out of his way to see BT outside of the formal family settings. I get the feeling that Rowie’s dad may not be the biggest fan of BT. You’d be pretty annoyed having your brother in-law make childish references to your surname on live TV as your son is playing AFL. If that is happening publicly, you wonder what else he has to deal with. Perhaps there is an element of that in BT’s bias against Sydney?

Two take away a from the Rowie interview:

1. It sounded like Grundy really could have done with a rest at the 3/4 part of the season.
  2. He was asked about whether he talks footy with BT, and he interestingly noted that they don’t talk footy when they meet around Easter and Xmas. Makes me think he doesn’t go out of his way to see BT outside of the formal family settings. I get the feeling that Rowie’s dad may not be the biggest fan of BT. You’d be pretty annoyed having your brother in-law make childish references to your surname on live TV as your son is playing AFL. If that is happening publicly, you wonder what else he has to deal with. Perhaps there is an element of that in BT’s bias against Sydney?

Yeah BT never seems to mention Rowbottom so feels like either family tension or just doesn't like having the link public.

Also on Grundy, everyone could see it, I have no idea why we didn't throw Ladhams/McAndrew in for a week or two to give Grundy a chop out when we were so many games clear. What's the worst that could happen, we lose by 112 to Port? Oh hang on.

Max Gawn's take on Darcy Fort versus Brodie Grundy.

Heeney - 20
Zorko - 15
Neale - 13
McCluggage - 9
Florent - 6
Rayner - 6
Warner - 6
Lloyd - 5
Ah Chee - 5
Ashcroft - 5
Lester - 5
Berry - 5

Your only possible winners of the Gary Ayres Award.
Wouldn't it be awesome if Heeney matched Dusty's 2017? Norm Smith, Gary Ayres, Brownlow (polls most votes).

Just like dusty but cleaner image and better looking.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is it just me, or is the media really concentrating on how great the lions are and how they can exploit our weaknesses? Rather than focussing on the glaring weaknesses of Brisbane?
OTC needed a break to get the tissues out and clean the mess after fawning over the Lions from the start of the show

Remove this Banner Ad

Media Swans Talk in the Media 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back