Media Swans Talk in the Media 2024

Our club in the Media

Remove this Banner Ad

To be fair, the media think we only have three players, so 3 vs 23 seems a no-brainer.
scroll up this page.. interviews with Rowbottom, Campbell, P McCartin and Pridham, McCartin and Pridham talk about other players and Swans in general.
So thats a lot more than 3 players

ps.. haven't delved into the multitude of media outlets which are highly likely to involve even more players this morning.

Montagna saying that only one team in 23 years have won if they're trailing at quarter time: west coast 2018.

So I suppose a good start is essential.

Uh, 2012?

I'm very happy the last three posts have saved me going to check that we were, in fact, behind at quarter time in 2012.

And if we were ahead at quarter time in 2005 I don't think it was by very much.

Separately, at least we can't complain this week that no-one in the media is talking about us.

I'm very happy the last three posts have saved me going to check that we were, in fact, behind at quarter time in 2012.

And if we were ahead at quarter time in 2005 I don't think it was by very much.

Separately, at least we can't complain this week that no-one in the media is talking about us.

A lesson in reading to the bottom before responding to a post.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Montagna saying that only one team in 23 years have won if they're trailing at quarter time: west coast 2018.

So I suppose a good start is essential.

Not only is he wrong, the team that did it is playing in the grand final this year.

Where do I sign up to get paid for being an unaccountable idiot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A very quick cursory check of the incredibly difficult to find information source Wikipedia shows you that the following 21st century grand finalists trailed at QT before getting a result:

• Brisbane in 2002
  • Hawthorn in 2008
  • Geelong in 2009 (a game Montagna literally played in)
  • St. Kilda in 2010 draw (a game Montagna literally played in)
  • Sydney in 2012 (as has been extensively covered)
  • Richmond in 2017
  • West Coast in 2018 (the allegedly one side to get a result after trailing at QT)
  • Richmond in 2020
That makes it 8/25 (accounting for the replay) who have trailed at QT before getting a result (including St. Kilda getting a draw).

tl;dr - Montagna talking out his arse.

For the record, only the Swans in 2012 and the Eagles in 2018 trailed by any significant margin (19 and 17 points respectively). The rest mostly trailed by under a goal.

In today’s Tradies podcast, weekly segment (Nuts and Bolts) this week was about back story about how James Jordon got to the Swans

From 28:30-36:00 mark

That's a great little story - so Horse ran into him a few times in the off seasons while he was down at the farm, and JJ was probs back home visiting the family. Not many kids get to play for the team they supported growing up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Media Swans Talk in the Media 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back