Media Swans Talk in the Media 2024

Our club in the Media

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks, I found that interesting.

The speaker differentiates between the role of a sports psychologist (who seeks to get your mind right) and himself as a performance psychologist who aims to get your performance right.

Also talks about the mindset (active/passive) and don't prepare differently and let the game lift you, don't waste energy and invite negative thoughts. In our case, he felt it may have been a case of 'here we go again' ( passive) when we fell behind whereas the Lions concentrated, when the game was level, on tackling harder, running faster etc (active) (in my words the 'controllables').

We seem to have learned nothing from the 22 GF.
Hope we do this time or if we get back there again hard to see how things will be different.
Messages such as 'it wasn't our day' or 'it won't define us' don't offer much hope (although I recognise these were in the immediate aftermath).

I'll repeat what I said earlier in the week;
Accept responsibility, accept the failure, seek to understand the issues, address those issues, implement change

Thanks, I found that interesting.

The speaker differentiates between the role of a sports psychologist (who seeks to get your mind right) and himself as a performance psychologist who aims to get your performance right.

Also talks about the mindset (active/passive) and don't prepare differently and let the game lift you, don't waste energy and invite negative thoughts. In our case, he felt it may have been a case of 'here we go again' ( passive) when we fell behind whereas the Lions concentrated, when the game was level, on tackling harder, running faster etc (active) (in my words the 'controllables').

We seem to have learned nothing from the 22 GF.
Hope we do this time or if we get back there again hard to see how things will be different.
Messages such as 'it wasn't our day' or 'it won't define us' don't offer much hope (although I recognise these were in the immediate aftermath).

I'll repeat what I said earlier in the week;
Accept responsibility, accept the failure, seek to understand the issues, address those issues, implement change
Yeah agree.

The passive vs active dichotomy is a good way to think about it. I almost wrote the other day that it seemed like the Swans simply forgot they had to turn up.

When asked after the game, they kept saying things like the preparation was perfect, it just wasn’t our day, and references to the universe.

And during the game, they kept letting Lions players run past them for easy possessions or to get out the back / on the outside. They just watched themselves get outworked.

It’s like they forgot that they actually had an active role to play on the day - they the day doesn’t take care of itself.

Maybe the team can bring Mike Pike in for some sessions. There was a great article on his relationship with his grandad I think it was, who would always tell him “make it a good a day” instead of “have a good day” - and Mike applied that right through his career.

He was also a true blood, who worked and worked and worked to get every bit of ability out of himself, as a late stage rugby convert. Maybe some of that can rub off.

Article in SMH opining we’ve become too nice - Peter Fitzsimons

Might be paywalled but saying no one stood up as our house was burning down around us. Too many nice guys, no d*ckheads policy gone too far, didn’t make em earn it etc.

Confesses he knows little about AFL.

Then gives Robbo a plug about standing up for Goodesy.

I’m surprised Fairfax allowed Fitzsimmons to write anything about the Swans - normally only Andrew Wu is allowed to mention them, in some tiny piece buried behind pages of NRL ramble.

Even though I despise most of Fitzsimmons’ holier-than-thou articles, this one may have some merit.

I’m surprised Fairfax allowed Fitzsimmons to write anything about the Swans - normally only Andrew Wu is allowed to mention them, in some tiny piece buried behind pages of NRL ramble.

Even though I despise most of Fitzsimmons’ holier-than-thou articles, this one may have some merit.
He is an absolute half back flanker

Might be paywalled but saying no one stood up as our house was burning down around us. Too many nice guys, no d*ckheads policy gone too far, didn’t make em earn it etc.

Confesses he knows little about AFL.

Then gives Robbo a plug about standing up for Goodesy.
I thought Campbell tried to throw his weight around from memory.

Remove this Banner Ad

Media Swans Talk in the Media 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back