Autopsy Swans vs Roos Rd 7 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm going to go as far as saying we have now officially got the most saltiest sook fan base of the comp. We used to leave that to hawthorn and Collingwood supporters. yes the umpiring hasn't been great for us this year but it's not abysmall, that video decision last night yes there looked to be a flick of the finger but it wasn't as blatant as what everyone is making it out to be. It was deemed inconclusive cause of the AFL's shite use of technology. with the tech that's out there, theres no excuse for a billion dollar business not to get cameras that can show a clear slow motion piece of footage. Regardless, if you're basing our loss on that then I suggest you might want to worry about some other things instead.

The ownace for that loss is on our players, not the coach. Lack of logical sense is becoming a problem on this board. Certain players aren't executing and the list is reaching a crossroad and things need to be done from a list management point of view to give Longmire players who are going to execute for him. To blame Longmire is absurd.
Mate I have followed the red and white for 68 years. And with respect that is the greatest load of codswallop I have ever heard in relation to the club. Believe me I have heard a lot. Football is not some managerial fantasy world where instructions are just issued and then "executed". I gather that you are using the word executed as in "butchered" under the Longmire regime. Longmire has one of the best lists in the competition. As for your allegation of "sooking" (what is this a kindergarten admonishment?) spend about 50 years watching a club that has no success, gets belted every year by the Carltons and Collingwoods of the comp, standing in rain and being humiliated as an eight year old wearing a Bobby Skilton jumper by drunks and louts, then having your beloved club lose its home and great old ground, before calling any mild manner critic of a coach on 800,000 dollars a year a whinger. Have you clocked up many painful supporter kilometres yourself champ?

Oliver has a fair amount of potential and could be anything. Parker has been a star for you guys for a long period of time. He is also a player who plays injured but doesn't make a fuss.
Parker is still young, if you bundle Gawn into the deal aswell we'd be more than inclined. Parker has been great in a great team. Our mids bounced of each other, allowed him to rest forward and clunk a few. Ever since our mids have been dropping off we've been relying on him to pull us through and he does that occasionally, but sometimes less than what we expect

Midfield looks different on a bad way. Someone help me put a finger on it cause it is more than just Hannebery missing. I would love to see how our scores against from stoppages compare to previous years. I may be wrong on this but we seem to be a bit leaky.
Maybe the absence of a second ruckman and having to rove to a wingman might have something to do with it? Clubs have won premierships of course with wingman playing in the ruck. Haven't they? Midfielders just relish the opportunity to rove off a wingman. Don't they?

It now seems entrenched that our otherwise admirable defence has to chip laterally. There is absolutely no imperative to run.

Run?? Who will run it? McV? Mills? Grundy? :D
I think the chipping of late has been great. Really. The switches too to find a loose man running hard further afield. Prior to that we seemed to bomb it long to a contest on the wing EVERY time. This is revolutionary adaptation by Horse's standards. Let's not try to squash it, it could bloom ! :seedling:

2 years ago we had kennedy, parker, hanners, jack at their prime. A couple are getting on and the other couple have dipped. hopefully your finger is on it now. Without eachother at their best they are no longer at their best

Hannas and Parker had injuries last season and played with them. Parker's injury is fixed but Hannas had to have an op in the off season. It isn't the personnel that is the problem it is the set ups. Jimmy Bartel was saying the reason Cats used to beat us all the time was they always knew how we set up at stoppages. He also said that has not changed but Cats just don't have the personnel other than Selwood, Murdoch and Danger to combat Kennedy & Parker. Even then the latter get the better of the former. Please don't mention Ablett because he is not an inside mid, he is a receiver. the other two get it and dish it off to him and he distributes. That is his skill, his delivery.

we need not just to change the strategies but change the whole set up of the midfield. We need new positions for the players to stand at stoppages. We need to set up very aggressively not defensively. This will open our play up and have the opposition unsure.

Mate I have followed the red and white for 68 years. And with respect that is the greatest load of codswallop I have ever heard in relation to the club. Believe me I have heard a lot. Football is not some managerial fantasy world where instructions are just issued and then "executed". I gather that you are using the word executed as in "butchered" under the Longmire regime. Longmire has one of the best lists in the competition. As for your allegation of "sooking" (what is this a kindergarten admonishment?) spend about 50 years watching a club that has no success, gets belted every year by the Carltons and Collingwoods of the comp, standing in rain and being humiliated as an eight year old wearing a Bobby Skilton jumper by drunks and louts, then having your beloved club lose its home and great old ground, before calling any mild manner critic of a coach on 800,000 dollars a year a whinger. Have you clocked up many painful supporter kilometres yourself champ?
Well said , totally agree as someone who went through that as well.

Can't wait till Cameron gets a game and stinks it up so that everyone here can stop mentioning him, he will get absolutely ripped apart in the big time. There's obviously some sort of work ethic issue with Aliir, he looked laborious in the neafl yesterday. The solutions aren't as simple as what they look clearly horse is picking players he feels are upto it regardless of positioning
Lots of lcve in the room for the young players. So you actually want to see Cameron fail??? Aliir is a 194 cm key position defender who was played as a forward, ruckman, wingman and defender. Sometime in one phase of play. Big men don't actually run very fast over 16 kilometres. The only thing clear about the rampaging stallions selections is that he selects players out of position, prefers players over thirty to young uns and then gets outcoached by a very mediocre chin trembler with a very mediocre list at his disposal. You have actually exceeded your previous post. Impressive

I couldn't care if you were the oldest living fossil of a swans supporter on the planet, nor does what you've seen or been through make you intelligent enough to know why good goes good and wrong goes wrong in footy (im sorry you've been through a lot poor bugger). Your senior citizen admonishment of the coach being the bearer of shite skill execution is ridiculous. I'm sure a professional AFL club does more than the required skill training it needs. Longmire isn't out there kicking the ball for them

Hannas and Parker had injuries last season and played with them. Parker's injury is fixed but Hannas had to have an op in the off season. It isn't the personnel that is the problem it is the set ups. Jimmy Bartel was saying the reason Cats used to beat us all the time was they always knew how we set up at stoppages. He also said that has not changed but Cats just don't have the personnel other than Selwood, Murdoch and Danger to combat Kennedy & Parker. Even then the latter get the better of the former. Please don't mention Ablett because he is not an inside mid, he is a receiver. the other two get it and dish it off to him and he distributes. That is his skill, his delivery.

we need not just to change the strategies but change the whole set up of the midfield. We need new positions for the players to stand at stoppages. We need to set up very aggressively not defensively. This will open our play up and have the opposition unsure.
You are kidding about Ablett , he won his own ball on the Coast ffs

I will. How about having a half back line that can rebound. One that doesn't move the ball laterally through McVeigh. A defence that can rebound quickly and plays a zone defence. A forward line with at least two tall targets. This is so fundamental I guess your reply was ironic. The continued defence of Longmire is becoming absurd quite frankly. It was quite obvious that North would apply pressure to our midfield much more effectively than the softest midfield in the comp in Geelong. It was also quite obvious that if our ball transition was pressured we would kick long and high. It was also quite obvious that the tall North defence would pick us off. So obvious that only an arrogant stubborn coach would stick to a team selection and game plan that was so one dimensional that he was yes - outcoached again. Longmire had Cameron starring in the reserves and he persisted in playing a wingman in the ruck. The Aiir situation is verging on a scandal. Mate I can get the company line from the club web site. Its as boring as the game plan.

Let's talk about the conversion & you'll engage me in conversation.
Blaming the coaches about last night is just a lazy observation, I'm sorry connelly & bores me to tears.

I couldn't care if you were the oldest living fossil of a swans supporter on the planet, nor does what you've seen or been through make you intelligent enough to know why good goes good and wrong goes wrong in footy (im sorry you've been through a lot poor bugger). Your senior citizen admonishment of the coach being the bearer of shite skill execution is ridiculous. I'm sure a professional AFL club does more than the required skill training it needs. Longmire isn't out there kicking the ball for them
WTFDWFY

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lots of lcve in the room for the young players. So you actually want to see Cameron fail??? Aliir is a 194 cm key position defender who was played as a forward, ruckman, wingman and defender. Sometime in one phase of play. Big men don't actually run very fast over 16 kilometres. The only thing clear about the rampaging stallions selections is that he selects players out of position, prefers players over thirty to young uns and then gets outcoached by a very mediocre chin trembler with a very mediocre list at his disposal. You have actually exceeded your previous post. Impressive
Ofcourse I don't want to see him fail but the notion of him playing in the AFL after seeing how he plays fills me with no confidence. And im sure it's the reason why he's not getting a game. If we played to position just because a certain player is next in line the culture of our club would be in strife. Sometimes players aren't up to the task and only the coaching panel can determine whether that is the case. I wish it wasn't the case but clearly there's something going on with allir and why others are being selected instead.

Run?? Who will run it? McV? Mills? Grundy? :D
I think the chipping of late has been great. Really. The switches too to find a loose man running hard further afield. Prior to that we seemed to bomb it long to a contest on the wing EVERY time. This is revolutionary adaptation by Horse's standards. Let's not try to squash it, it could bloom ! :seedling:

The unfortunate problem Mickey is we chipped it too slowly and could not get any momentum or movement. By the time we got out of defence they had set up and flooded back. That left no room for our forwards to move. We had to bomb. but we did that even when we had a run on and turned the ball over. We should have been hitting up players not bombing.

We've been playing this style with a few tweeks under Longmire since 2011 & haven't missed finals, played in 3 GFs & won 1 GF.

Make adjustments to your post.
Lost 2 grand finals due to shit coaching , by game style and selection. No excuses , Clarko would have won 3

Haven't read all of this thread but I will say that while the McVeigh 'touched' non-review can obviously be seen as a major ****-up that possibly cost us the game we could equally point to a host of other mistakes of our own making that didn't help. Like Jack's miss or Hayward's bloody ridiculous check side attempt from a slight angle early in the game which he could have easily nailed with a regulation drop punt.

Haven't read all of this thread but I will say that while the McVeigh 'touched' non-review can obviously be seen as a major ****-up that possibly cost us the game we could equally point to a host of other mistakes of our own making that didn't help. Like Jack's miss or Hayward's bloody ridiculous check side attempt from a slight angle early in the game which he could have easily nailed with a regulation drop punt.
Don't bother, everyone here has decided it's all the fault of Horse and the umpires and that's the end of story

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Swans vs Roos Rd 7 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Back