Sydney is such a ****weak club (premiership edition)

Remove this Banner Ad

771021-paul-roos.jpg

Roos celebrates losing a game by less than 10 goals at Fitzroy.

roos_main-420x0.jpg

Roos celebrates Premiership with Sydney.

Ummm, serious question. When was the last time Brisbane beat us? There was a draw about 3 years ago I think?? Other than that, I was at the 03 prelim? Is this the ten year anniversary?

Round 22, 2009. Night that Barry, Crouch and O'Loughlin retired. Doubt they'll see another win for at least another four years though.

771021-paul-roos.jpg

Roos celebrates losing a game by less than 10 goals at Fitzroy.

roos_main-420x0.jpg

Roos celebrates Premiership with Sydney.
In front of 10 people and a channel 10 cameraman ...way to celebrate... have more confetti than supporters!

Oh yeah that's right. That was our annus horribilis...I could be wrong, but the time before that might've been 2003?

Nope.

Round 1 (I think, without checking), 2004.

We did beat you in the finals in 2003 which I'm guessing is the one you're thinking of.

Nope.

Round 1 (I think, without checking), 2004.

We did beat you in the finals in 2003 which I'm guessing is the one you're thinking of.
Yep, the prelim, was there for that, probably the best atmosphere I've ever experienced at that awful olympic stadium (aside from beating pies last year)....70k, and we were right in it...until 3/4 time...

How is Bradshaw travelling these days?

In better physical, mental and financial shape than Fevola.

Bradshaw (pick 4 in the PSD) delivered 28 goals for us at 3.1 per game, and didn't get publicly drunk or arrested
Fevola (Lachie Henderson, pick 12, Daniel Bradshaw, Michael Rischitelli) delivered 48 goals for you at 2.8 per game

If I was a Brisbane fan I wouldn't be going there...the guy wanted to be a one club player but was shafted to bring in Fev, which in hindsight worked out terribly for you guys. He didn't play a lot of games for us, but as swans51 said, he didn't disgrace himself publicly either...

Anyway, water under the bridge...now where were we? Oh yes, this Sunday.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bradshaw vs Fev, should be a great game.

Wait a minute...

Reid vs Cornelius! Who will drop more marks? :eek:

In better physical, mental and financial shape than Fevola.

Bradshaw (pick 4 in the PSD) delivered 28 goals for us at 3.1 per game, and didn't get publicly drunk or arrested
Fevola (Lachie Henderson, pick 12, Daniel Bradshaw, Michael Rischitelli) delivered 48 goals for you at 2.8 per game

Interesting way to justify a 20 goal inferior output......we both got burnt maybe we should move on.......to Tippett...

$1m to play 11 games this year.....bargain

Yeah, but we have a master plan with Tippett.

See, Reid can't catch, but he's great defensively and an ok kick.
Tippett can catch it ok, but has never had the defensive game and can't kick straight.

So i'm sure the club's plan was to turn them into some sort of Frankenstien forward, taking the best aspects of each.

Whatever is left over we can turn into a fumbly, lazy, shanker we can trade on to another club. Melbourne took Chris Dawes, so we know there's a market for that sort of player.

I remember many Lions fans saying similar things about Fev all those years ago.
That's true, but the circumstances are very different. In our case, we've obviously just come off winning a flag, and therefore would consider ourselves a decent chance of at least making top 4. Tippett's departure from the Crows had nothing to do with discipline issues etc, and we didn't have to give up anything in terms of the trade table to obtain him.

Fev and Brisbane were in a very different situation. Getting Fev meant having to trade out players and because of his ongoing addiction issues his presence caused problems for you guys. I say all this with a slightly heavy heart, because I was always a big fan of Fev's on the field, both at Carlton and Brisbane. It all ended badly, which nobody can really take anything good from.

So Brisbane fans might have said similar things before Fev came, but I don't think the situations bear much resemblance once looked at more closely.

Yeah, but we have a master plan with Tippett.

See, Reid can't catch, but he's great defensively and an ok kick.
Tippett can catch it ok, but has never had the defensive game and can't kick straight.

So i'm sure the club's plan was to turn them into some sort of Frankenstien forward, taking the best aspects of each.

Whatever is left over we can turn into a fumbly, lazy, shanker we can trade on to another club. Melbourne took Chris Dawes, so we know there's a market for that sort of player.

We you see we have it all figured out neither bother to lead so tippet takes the mark quickly handballs to Reid to take the shot.

As there both standing next to each other the opposition won't have a chance to react.

Remove this Banner Ad

Sydney is such a ****weak club (premiership edition)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back