Preview Sydney Swans / South Melbourne Bloods vs Brisbane Bears/ Fitzroy Lions - The Big Dance

Remove this Banner Ad

Just ****ing win. I don't know if my heart can take it

Can we just flog someone comfortably in a grand final too and enjoy it. Sick of getting smashed or close heart attack wins šŸ˜‚

Great work Bonz!

If we win this could you please quit your day job during the footy season and just do previews? We'll all chip in for your wage.

If we do win we should at least club together and get him a premiers shirt or something

I think the difficult match up for the Lions is Hayward. Payne, Andrews and Lester will match up on our 3 talls. Starcevich to Papley. JJ might get the job on Zorko. Leaves Willmott or Answerth on Wilbur. I'd back Will to beat either of these two although he will have to run hard the other way to nullify Willmott's rebound.

I said on the other thread but I think the key to beating Brisbane next week is stopping Harris Andrews. We can't let him do what he wants in defence taking intercept mark after intercept mark.

I am more than happy for a player to completely sacrifice his own game to ensure Andrews does not have much of an impact.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I said on the other thread but I think the key to beating Brisbane next week is stopping Harris Andrews. We can't let him do what he wants in defence taking intercept mark after intercept mark.

I am more than happy for a player to completely sacrifice his own game to ensure Andrews does not have much of an impact.
Pies did it last year

if McDonald doesnt get up imagine ladhams lol

Its Happening Ron Paul GIF

Interestingly, Cats curbed his influence but Lions still generated good run through Lester and Starcevich. Shows all our forwards just have to compete and run hard the other way when we don't have the ball.

But yes, when Andrews is dominating the air, it makes the Lions very hard to combat. I liked what Parker did with Aliir the other night and we definitely can try it again. I do think Lions will prepare for this though and Andrews will try to peel off and use his superior height and speed to impact contests as the third man in. Mclean has a good tank and did the job on Andrews in McDonald, Gulden and Campbell's debut back in R1 2021 limiting him to 11 disposals and 4 marks. Hayward has done negating roles on interceptor defenders as well. So we do have options.

Interestingly, Cats curbed his influence but Lions still generated good run through Lester and Starcevich. Shows all our forwards just have to compete and run hard the other way when we don't have the ball.

But yes, when Andrews is dominating the air, it makes the Lions very hard to combat. I liked what Parker did with Aliir the other night and we definitely can try it again. I do think Lions will prepare for this though and Andrews will try to peel off and use his superior height and speed to impact contests as the third man in. Mclean has a good tank and did the job on Andrews in McDonald, Gulden and Campbell's debut back in R1 2021 limiting him to 11 disposals and 4 marks. Hayward has done negating roles on interceptor defenders as well. So we do have options.

I think our mids are more suited to Brisbane's mids compared to Geelong. They said on the broadcast yesterday that Gulden has gone to Neale a few times with quite a bit of success as Neale struggles against a player who can run with him but also win his own ball (forcing Neale to defend more than he would like).

I am more worried about Andrews, Hipwood and Daniher as I am worried about Andrews for obvious reasons but Hipwood and Daniher are very tall for our defence.

Fox could take on either Rayner, or that blonde kid due to his pace and mobility.
Not sure Mills is a good match up on either of them one-on-one.

Fox has proven he is up for playing in a Grand Final too.

Last edited:
I think our mids are more suited to Brisbane's mids compared to Geelong. They said on the broadcast yesterday that Gulden has gone to Neale a few times with quite a bit of success as Neale struggles against a player who can run with him but also win his own ball (forcing Neale to defend more than he would like).

I am more worried about Andrews, Hipwood and Daniher as I am worried about Andrews for obvious reasons but Hipwood and Daniher are very tall for our defence.
Hipwood is like their 20th player. Not too worried about him myself. Mcartin or Melican will give him an absolute bath.

Andrews will def try and hurt someone early with flying knees.
If he does I truly hope someone floors him and puts him out of the game so we aren't short a player. Wish we had someone that would do that anyways. We don't.

But as a general player Andrews is a big roadblock for sure. We simply won't get the forward marks we got last time.

Fox could take on either Rayner or that blonde kid due to his pace and mobility.
Not sure Mills is a good match up on either of them one-on-one.

Fox was one our best v Brisbane IIRC.

I just feel like we kicked to Zorko and Lester all day too

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Sydney Swans / South Melbourne Bloods vs Brisbane Bears/ Fitzroy Lions - The Big Dance

Remove this Banner Ad

Back