Preview Sydney Vs North Melbourne - A Danger Game

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who ever is in our team on the field just ****ing kill them!!!! Hurt them, kick straight and prove the Victorian a-holes in the media, MRO, Tribunal & AFL HQ That they have underestimated the Swans. I’ve not been this angry about footy for a very long time. I hate Daicos, and Bont & Cripps. They get away with murder. Let’s do this swans!!!

My take, and I've been consistent on this - we keep talking about what Parker is, how good he is, what he can do. But we don't actually know.

He's been training, but has he been training well?

Last I saw of him in the VFL I thought he wasn't moving all that well (and he's not exactly the rest of our mids in terms of dynamism at the best of times) and he looked scratchy with the ball, even in his third or fourth VFL game in a row on return from the broken arm.

Maybe that's the version of Parker that's been training the last several weeks throughout his suspension.

I think Horse deserves a lot more credit that he's obviously seeing something - or maybe not seeing something - that he wants from Parker on the track.

It's not like he would've just lost faith in the guy he's picked in the team every week when fit since 2012, voted B&F multiple times, who captained his team and is likely to be the last of his premiership players, all for no reason.
People can't deal that time catches up with players.
It's a brutal sport.
I'm actually happy the swans are being ruthless with selection.
They gifted Buddy a season too long. In retrospect.
I'm about winning. Not nostalgia

My take, and I've been consistent on this - we keep talking about what Parker is, how good he is, what he can do. But we don't actually know.

He's been training, but has he been training well?

Last I saw of him in the VFL I thought he wasn't moving all that well (and he's not exactly the rest of our mids in terms of dynamism at the best of times) and he looked scratchy with the ball, even in his third or fourth VFL game in a row on return from the broken arm.

Maybe that's the version of Parker that's been training the last several weeks throughout his suspension.

I think Horse deserves a lot more credit that he's obviously seeing something - or maybe not seeing something - that he wants from Parker on the track.

It's not like he would've just lost faith in the guy he's picked in the team every week when fit since 2012, voted B&F multiple times, who captained his team and is likely to be the last of his premiership players, all for no reason.
I do wonder if those who keep mentioning his disposal numbers and last year, as to whether they watched him in the VFL.

It's not all about pressure. He's got a manic style of play and is able to consistently break away from his opponent. This creates space and options forward of the ball. Scraps well and gathers uncontested balls a fair bit in our link up play leading to goals, and is good for 1 or 2 himself.

You need that player in today's game, a good example is McCreary at the pies. He doesn't always rack em up but his energy in creating space and gathering where others cannot is so important to them.

If you put your mind back, alot of our poor patches after good patches in the last couple of years has lined up with Wicks absence.
What absolute baloney, Hayward out pressured Wicks 11/14 games this year (Yes Wicks was sub what twice) but still and i think the 3 times they were by 1 or two pressure acts. So therefore he is a better pressure forward simple especially when you consider that Haywards role in the side is to be a lead up marker and not a pressure forward and also the fact that no other players in the forward lines pressure numbers have decreased significantly it either points to Wicks being out of form or his role in the side being negligible to team performance.

What absolute baloney, Hayward out pressured Wicks 11/14 games this year (Yes Wicks was sub what twice) but still and i think the 3 times they were by 1 or two pressure acts. So therefore he is a better pressure forward simple especially when you consider that Haywards role in the side is to be a lead up marker and not a pressure forward and also the fact that no other players in the forward lines pressure numbers have decreased significantly it either points to Wicks being out of form or his role in the side being negligible to team performance.
Wicks is out of form yes, in comparison to previous years/patches where his pressure has been elite.

You've brought up Parker's 2023 as justifying him coming in, why not Wicks' 2023 to keep him in?

People can't deal that time catches up with players.
It's a brutal sport.
I'm actually happy the swans are being ruthless with selection.
They gifted Buddy a season too long. In retrospect.
I'm about winning. Not nostalgia
What evidence do you have that time has caught up with Parker?

He was in one of our best at the tail end of last season. Equating him to Buddy's last season is ridiculous.

I'd also question how ruthless we're being at the selection table to continue to carry passengers with a club champion raring to go.

Let's be honest.
We're arguing about player 21-23 in relative terms to the swans v north.

We need the output from players 1-6 to exceed anything that North present.

What evidence do you have that time has caught up with Parker?

He was in one of our best at the tail end of last season. Equating him to Buddy's last season is ridiculous.

I'd also question how ruthless we're being at the selection table to continue to carry passengers with a club champion raring to go.
* One of our best.

He's played reserves. This season. Even when fully fit. Wasn't considered.

Wicks is out of form yes, in comparison to previous years/patches where his pressure has been elite.

You've brought up Parker's 2023 as justifying him coming in, why not Wicks' 2023 to keep him in?
Didn't mention Parker at all and his 2023 number in that statement and it would be dumb to look at Parker's 2023 numbers because they are as a midfielder. However you can look at Parkers previous games as a forward and i can tell you that he is better across the board as a forward than Wicks. Also after 14 games you should atleast be returning to form or else be dropped, you shouldn't just be getting carried in a side when underperforming

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The funny thing is.
This board had a similar conversation re Hanners when he started to decline.
Then he got traded.
It was one of the most shrewd Trades the swans have done.

Didn't mention Parker at all and his 2023 number in that statement and it would be dumb to look at Parker's 2023 numbers because they are as a midfielder. However you can look at Parkers previous games as a forward and i can tell you that he is better across the board as a forward than Wicks. Also after 14 games you should atleast be returning to form or else be dropped, you shouldn't just be getting carried in a side when underperforming
Kbroome, I’m starting to wonder if you’re actually Luke Parker himself? 🤔😂

There clearly are factors that the coaches/selectors are seeing that you’re not… it’s as simple as that mate 🤷‍♂️

Except my whole post was based on what he brings other than pressure... I don't disagree his pressure could be better but I also don't think it's his main asset to the team. I also think his job has been made harder by the teams drop off. I'd rather he stays in and is challenged to lift pressure along with the rest of the team, because our best team has Wicks in it.

Kbroome, I’m starting to wonder if you’re actually Luke Parker himself? 🤔😂

There clearly are factors that the coaches/selectors are seeing that you’re not… it’s as simple as that mate 🤷‍♂️
So your happy as a fan that the club plays a passenger each week?

Can the folks who got exclusive access to training every week for the last few months to see how Parker is going also illuminate me to how close Pat Snell is to a debut? Pretty bullish on him.
Looking forward to watching reserves this weekend. I have lots of players on my player watch with the team almost full strength I imagine.

Who ever is in our team on the field just ****ing kill them!!!! Hurt them, kick straight and prove the Victorian a-holes in the media, MRO, Tribunal & AFL HQ That they have underestimated the Swans. I’ve not been this angry about footy for a very long time. I hate Daicos, and Bont & Cripps. They get away with murder. Let’s do this swans!!!
Can I just say what a breath of fresh air your post was after three pages of Parker Vs Wicks analysis at angels-dancing-on-the-head-of-a-pin level?

Can the folks who got exclusive access to training every week for the last few months to see how Parker is going also illuminate me to how close Pat Snell is to a debut? Pretty bullish on him.
Unless he's injured, or has forgotten how to play footy in 9 months, he offers more than a few blokes you can watch for free on Ch.7 every week.

Edit: Luke that is! 😛

I take your point about his speed in the VFL games but that's never been an attribute of his and hadn't got in the way of his contributions over the journey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back