Preview Sydney Swans / South Melbourne Bloods vs Brisbane Bears/ Fitzroy Lions - The Big Dance

Remove this Banner Ad

Hipwood is like their 20th player. Not too worried about him myself. Mcartin or Melican will give him an absolute bath.

Andrews will def try and hurt someone early with flying knees.
If he does I truly hope someone floors him and puts him out of the game so we aren't short a player. Wish we had someone that would do that anyways. We don't.

But as a general player Andrews is a big roadblock for sure. We simply won't get the forward marks we got last time.

We have one guy who would brain fart and deck Andrews, but I wouldn't pick him

Gonna be a nervous wreck for this, I don't know if I could take another GF heartbreak or if so many have built up a tolerance to it.

My thoughts
Brodie Grundy will NEVER get a better opportunity then now to be a premiership player and have an impact on that occurring, he is a massive key for us with Big O out.
Cam Rayner is a game changer for them and I'm not sure what matchup we will have for him but has to be stopped.
Cunningham on Cameron is a no brainer.
I would like Rowbottom to go head to head with Neale, I think he's our best chance there.

Ultimately our pressure and hopefully more run in the legs will be a decider

Go Swans, please win this one.

Pies did it last year

if McDonald doesnt get up imagine ladhams lol
Ladhams would only play if McLean or Grundy withdraw.
And he's a better back up than Brissy have got for Lurch.
He'd go alright.

In the unlikely event McDonald doesn't play you'd think Adams comes in and we go smaller.

We have one guy who would brain fart and deck Andrews, but I wouldn't pick him
A square up isn't a brain-fart. It's deserved reciprocity.

I don't advocate starting that kind of thing, but I'm a firm believer in finishing it in a Grand Final. Who cares about a 5 week suspension next year when a GF is on the table.

If Harris knees go into Heeney putting him out, then I expect Mclean to reply in kind.

Last edited:
Brilliant preview !

This unsurprisingly will come down to both speed and endurance, who can go faster for longer.

Those half back dashing Lions yesterday looked very impressive. Poor man’s Heeney, Kai Lohmann needs attention. They are going to run and gun it, take on the tackler etc at every opportunity.

Oscar Mac out is huge for their structure so first use should be ours for the taking. If we rinse and repeat the Port game, we will be very hard to beat.

Lions will have lots of belief, having had our measure of late and especially after stirring comeback after stirring comeback.

But whilst the mind is for sure willing, is the body able ? In a long, long season, we will have the legs to get over them and stop their comeback run. Our effort is back, our contest is back, our chemistry is back.

We’ve got this and it’s the beginning of something special. What a time to be alive as a Swans supporter !

I like fast players, always have and always will, because it’s the fast players that win you premierships.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great preview Bonz as per usual,

Can't think of a more deserving GF matchup. Two sides that have been up there especially the past few seasons. If we bring our best we win, need to control the game with our ball movement just like against Port. Pressure and punish off the turnover like we've done all year. Plenty of experience has been gained from two years ago, let's get this done.

Fox played a blinder against Brissy last time so I think he starts, rotate with the backs. Campbell as the sub.

Great preview Bonz as per usual,

Can't think of a more deserving GF matchup. Two sides that have been up there especially the past few seasons. If we bring our best we win, need to control the game with our ball movement just like against Port. Pressure and punish off the turnover like we've done all year. Plenty of experience has been gained from two years ago, let's get this done.

Fox played a blinder against Brissy last time so I think he starts, rotate with the backs. Campbell as the sub.

and who is out if Mills gets up?

Fox would seem like the obvious choice but as you said he was really good against Brisbane and was one of the few players not to get a deer in the headlights mentality in the 2022 Grand Final.

You might have a few more Collingwood supporters behind your Swans given there is a desire among many to see Grundy win the premiership he missed out on. I'm still too lazy and too cheap to change my username and am stuck in a dinosaur era of team lists, but I suppose I still have a soft spot for the man. Having said that, I'd like to see Brisbane win one for Fagan.

Last edited:

Fox would seem like the obvious choice but as you said he was really good against Brisbane and was one of the few players not to get a deer in the headlights mentality in the 2022 Grand Final.
My assumption for now is that Mills won't play. If he does get up, I think Fox will make way given Millsy has been in defence.

IMO Campbell has to stay in the 23, his intensity and closing speed he's been able to show the back half of the season has been great. Seems like the player type to break a game open just like the QF.

Big week for Horse Imo .

People don't like him being judged on grand finals but if he goes to 1-4 you would have to wonder how many more goes he gets.

Would mean another contemporary coach has as many flags as him too.

2 Flags moves him into another level .

If we are picking players based on 2022 granny though then we better drop a fair few.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Sydney Swans / South Melbourne Bloods vs Brisbane Bears/ Fitzroy Lions - The Big Dance

Remove this Banner Ad

Back