Preview Sydney Swans / South Melbourne Bloods vs Brisbane Bears/ Fitzroy Lions - The Big Dance

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe tell that person to do a preview mate

Well Ticky009 will open the previews next season, he can nominate then :)

I don't think he meant anything nasty by his message, I reckon I have accidentally put in some innuendo maybe 😂

Brisbane are gonna be desperate after last year - not my favourite opponent.

Let's bring it boys!!

We nearly beat them at their best earlier in the season whilst 3 down on the bench

Will be a belting match, but if we turn up at 100% we win this one.

Mills is the obvious Rayner match up
Not if there's any shred of doubt in his fitness whatsoever. Rayner will run off him all day. Rampe or Fox imo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the though of Ladhams coming in makes me feel ill..

But agree, if McDonald doesn’t get up, going small with Adams in and Parker playing a similar role to the PF looks the best option to me.
Ladhams gets unnecessary slander on here IMO.

He's a had a solid year in the VFL and is one of the better back up ruck options on an AFL list going around.
No he's not Gawn or even Grundy, but he'd put himself about, win some taps and take some grabs. That he might thump someone deserving of it in a square up would also be an asset in a GF. Don't expect to see him, but if we were unlucky on the training paddock and he is somehow named I'd look forward to him contributing and back him in. He's a Swan.

Last edited:
Fox would get bodied and lost up the ground

Rampe will stay deeper

Mills will spend some time on him imo. Mills isn't that slow

Agree , Mills isn't slow at all, he isn't chad but yeah he can move

Out of Neale and Zorko, who does JJ go to?

For mine, I think Zorko. He can damage us more by foot which is crucial and we need to win the control of game, like we did vs Port with Marks.

Of course, let's not forget the contest. We need to turn up from the opening bounce.
Zorko for sure.
Rowbottom will wear Neal like a durex.

Fox would get bodied and lost up the ground

Rampe will stay deeper

Mills will spend some time on him imo. Mills isn't that slow
Fox bodied? He was nearly our best on Cameron in the 22 GF. If you look at his heat map against the Lions this year, over half his 26 touches were up the ground.

Fox bodied? He was nearly our best on Cameron in the 22 GF. If you look at his heat map against the Lions this year, over half his 26 touches were up the ground.

Mate we're talking about Cam Rayner, meatball fwd/mid bit different to a leading forward

Maybe Fox plays and gets the job but he'll get sucked into contests and Rayner will be more comfortable

Mate we're talking about Cam Rayner, meatball fwd/mid bit different to a leading forward
I know who Rayner is. Not sure the better solution is Mills, who isn't a bigger body than Fox (slightly taller yes), is slower, and coming off a hamstring strain. I'd back Fox to go with him better.

I just want a 4 qtr performance from everyone. If we lose based on that, we lose.

I don't want to be sitting here next Saturday night drowning my sorrows thinking "What if?" because half our team put in their worst shift all season having stinkers. We've endured enough of that in Grand Finals over the years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Sydney Swans / South Melbourne Bloods vs Brisbane Bears/ Fitzroy Lions - The Big Dance

Remove this Banner Ad

Back