Preview Sydney Swans / South Melbourne Bloods vs Brisbane Bears/ Fitzroy Lions - The Big Dance

Remove this Banner Ad

Same deal as last week, start is the danger and listening to Fagan's pressers the last few weeks they'll definitely be going hard early to see if there's mental demons from 22.
Accuracy early will be important, inaccuracy compounds our slow starts, even watching the first from the PF our start was about the usual, difference was Lloyd & Amartey went back and nailed those clutch early goals. 4.0 navigates a slow start the usual 1.3 is a big reason we're considered poor starters. An early goal would be nice for a lot of reasons, hopefully whoever gets those early shots handle the moments.

As per usual if we're with them on the scoreboard after the first qtr and a bit (and uninjured this time) I back our mids to run out the games stronger (even though they've looked good late the last few weeks too).

Ladhams gets unnecessary slander on here IMO.

He's a had a solid year in the VFL and is one of the better back up ruck options on an AFL list going around.
No he's not Gawn or even Grundy, but he'd put himself about, win some taps and take some grabs. That he might thump someone deserving of it in a square up would also be an asset in a GF. Don't expect to see him, but if we were unlucky on the training paddock and he is somehow named I'd look forward to him contributing and back him in. He's a Swan.
He's a player who has zero control of his emotions and I can see him panicking and going to shit in a Grand Final. Dgaf what his form in the B-league was. Played against Port and we got decimated by 112. He goes nowhere near our A-team.

Ladhams gets unnecessary slander on here IMO.

He's a had a solid year in the VFL and is one of the better back up ruck options on an AFL list going around.
No he's not Gawn or even Grundy, but he'd put himself about, win some taps and take some grabs. That he might thump someone deserving of it in a square up would also be an asset in a GF. Don't expect to see him, but if we were unlucky on the training paddock and he is somehow named I'd look forward to him contributing and back him in. He's a Swan.
He's a goose

Can't disagree for hearth health reasons, but how much sweeeeter is it after a close 2005-like win? Or the recent comeback wins against GWS in QF and Pies 5-6 weeks ago?
It'll be nice to make it yet another famous close victory and it'll be replayed forever, but I honestly just want to start celebrating early so I can let that winning feeling consume me.

The only time I had to enjoy that feeling (the "omfg we're gonna win" feeling) was the last 30 seconds in 2012. Imagine having time to drink in knowing we've won the flag for a full quarter? Where we can just egg on our players for more celebratory goals? I'd be merrily singing cheer cheer the red and the white for a full 30 minutes. That's the dream. And I'd take that any day over another stressful heart attack win. Let's just humiliate a team for once rather than being on the receiving end.

Only scenario I'd prefer a close victory would be if Heeney kicks a goal after the siren.

Hamling on Andrews

I can see them bringing a tall in if McDonald doesn’t up
Reckon they’d be more likely to bring Francis in to play forward. He at least makes a contest, and would be better than Ladhams.

Has played AFL level recently at least, Hamling hasn’t played AFL level since Round 23 last year and has played 6 games since the start of 2021 season. Almost no chance we go to him.

I think it will be a cracker!

Both teams have every reason to feel like it's their time, both carrying the scars from previous 2 grand final losses.

Swans have been the best club all year and credit where it's due, 4th granny in 10 years (5th in 12) shows amazing list management.

I'm thinking Grundy is going to have a huge one without Big O and the Swans engine room is going to have too much class to contain.

Early pick Swans by 15

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Big week mentally for this team and Horse.
Stating the obvious but it’s all mental at the start of the match. Up for the fight, up to contest and bring the heat and also up for the heat that’s coming to us and being composed enough to deal with it.
Lions have become fast starters but even more recently fast finishers. Swans will know this so they have to absolutely put a 4 quarter effort like no other.

We must control possession and the tempo. We cannot let Brisbane play their short kicking game so defensively we all have to be in sync.

Huge opportunity for Brodie Grundy to make his mark and give us the advantage in the midfield. Our clearance game needs to improve 10 fold but if we give up a clearance do not make it clean at all. Give our defence a chance.

Our 3 talls need to back up after a great prelim performance from them. Take your marks or bring it to ground. Make Andrews accountable or draw him
Out.

Do not forget about Ah chee. Fox or Mills to take him on.
Blakey to stay as an offensive weapon is key.

I dunno what else. We just need to all put in and win this game. I cannot take anymore heartache.

Cmon Swans!!

Logan may have some Ted Richards like jabs

Taylor Adams is the only one on our list to be best for his side in a granny .

I don’t think Callum’s fitness is something that should impact the team selected. I don’t think he should be there in front of anyone currently in the team. I cannot see where he improves the squad. He simply has not played enough footy this year and I feel he will rule himself out.

I don’t think Callum’s fitness is something that should impact the team selected. I don’t think he should be there in front of anyone currently in the team. I cannot see where he improves the squad. He simply has not played enough footy this year and I feel he will rule himself out.

I find it surprising people honestly don't think Mills improves the side.

He is a better player than Fox for a start. Each to their own.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Sydney Swans / South Melbourne Bloods vs Brisbane Bears/ Fitzroy Lions - The Big Dance

Remove this Banner Ad

Back