Preview Sydney Swans / South Melbourne Bloods vs Brisbane Bears/ Fitzroy Lions - The Big Dance

Remove this Banner Ad

SUMMARY of Lachie McKirdy track watch:

McDonald was back at Swans HQ rehabbing his ankle, particularly focused on work in the pool and building up the strength in his ankle.

increasing optimism that Callum Mills could be a chance to take on the Lions on Saturday; has progressed strongly in the 12 days since suffering the hamstring injury, next 72 hours are set to be crucial for Mills

main training session for the week on Monday. A final call will likely be made at Wednesday’s training session to assess how his hamstring has pulled up.

If McDonald does miss the game, youngster Caiden Cleary looms as the most likely replacement given his ability to play as a pressure forward and the energy he would bring inside 50.

Cleary spent some extra time taking shots on goal on Sunday

I find it surprising people honestly don't think Mills improves the side.

He is a better player than Fox for a start. Each to their own.
He's a better player but we've seen what playing unfit players can do. Mcveigh 2014. Mills 2016. Reid 2022.

It can potentially lose Grand Finals and I'd be astonished if Longmire hasn't learnt his lesson yet. Captain or not. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

It's fantastic that jmac proved his fitness. But we've shown we can win without Mills and I honestly do not trust him anymore.

Can you imagine if he does his hamstring in the first 5 minutes? It will be a ****ing disaster. I'd rather be cautious and play a fully fit player.

Would McDonald missing and playing only two tall forwards as opposed to three completely screw up our structure?

Have we played only two tall forwards in any other game this year?

Well Ticky009 will open the previews next season, he can nominate then :)

I don't think he meant anything nasty by his message, I reckon I have accidentally put in some innuendo maybe 😂
Error Gulden

Had his knockers at times but jeeez I hope McDonald is fit to play Saturday I think he’s been huge ..
Especially when we play the down the line up the wing style we did on the weekend good lead up to 70 out and is a nice kick inside 50
Think mills will play fox to miss I think altho I really like fox as sub as he can play anywhere and litterally plug any hole left by an early injury .
God the hearing some people suggest ladhams or fransis could b in scares me Christ that’s not what we want at all

Cleary?!?!?!

So a tall goes down and Horse would rather part with the structure he has consistently run with for FOUR YEAR now, than just play another tall?

I... don't hate it?

It'd be a gigantic call but I have been barking on for months about needing more pressure in the front half.

Hopefully it's one we don't have to make. McDonald deserves to be there on Saturday, has had a good year and our structures looked good, minus my pressure qualm.

What it does suggest is that we need to target a decent key forward over the off-season somehow.

Would McDonald missing and playing only two tall forwards as opposed to three completely screw up our structure?

Have we played only two tall forwards in any other game this year?
My opinion it does he leads up the best out of the 3 gets on his bike and helps heaps around that 70-80 metres out …. Gives Andrews more leg rope to not have an extra one to worry about and can float about interrupting amarty and McLean ..
They r a pretty dangerous back 6 suprised me last night actually

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SUMMARY of Lachie McKirdy track watch:

McDonald was back at Swans HQ rehabbing his ankle, particularly focused on work in the pool and building up the strength in his ankle.

increasing optimism that Callum Mills could be a chance to take on the Lions on Saturday; has progressed strongly in the 12 days since suffering the hamstring injury, next 72 hours are set to be crucial for Mills

main training session for the week on Monday. A final call will likely be made at Wednesday’s training session to assess how his hamstring has pulled up.

If McDonald does miss the game, youngster Caiden Cleary looms as the most likely replacement given his ability to play as a pressure forward and the energy he would bring inside 50.

Cleary spent some extra time taking shots on goal on Sunday
I picked him up on the shots ON goal

Cleary?!?!?!

So a tall goes down and Horse would rather part with the structure he has consistently run with for FOUR YEAR now, than just play another tall?

I... don't hate it?

It'd be a gigantic call but I have been barking on for months about needing more pressure in the front half.

Hopefully it's one we don't have to make. McDonald deserves to be there on Saturday, has had a good year and our structures looked good, minus my pressure qualm.

What it does suggest is that we need to target a decent key forward over the off-season somehow.

Bring on Wicks 😁❤️

He's a better player but we've seen what playing unfit players can do. Mcveigh 2014. Mills 2016. Reid 2022.

It can potentially lose Grand Finals and I'd be astonished if Longmire hasn't learnt his lesson yet. Captain or not. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

It's fantastic that jmac proved his fitness. But we've shown we can win without Mills and I honestly do not trust him anymore.

Can you imagine if he does his hamstring in the first 5 minutes? It will be a ****ing disaster. I'd rather be cautious and play a fully fit player.

I guess I am assuming like Jmac if he gets through he is fully fit.

I mean Mcdonald has an ankle, Paps is still sore, Wilbur etc

2012 how many were sore and it's stuff of legend Ted played hurt, Goodes did his knee.

Lachie Neale is in a moon boot etc. I mean Reid in 2022 could barely run through the banner.

Parker and Heeney can play tall. Hayward is a threat too with his leap. As long as we don't get in each others way and provide options everywhere it is not a biggy.
I just want Heeney on the ball at all times. Don't want his talents wasted in the forwardline like in 2022 waiting for it. Just rest forward occasionally.

I guess I am assuming like Jmac if he gets through he is fully fit.

I mean Mcdonald has an ankle, Paps is still sore, Wilbur etc

2012 how many were sore and it's stuff of legend Ted played hurt, Goodes did his knee.

Lachie Neale is in a moon boot etc. I mean Reid in 2022 could barely run through the banner.
I think Goodes getting through that was an anomaly. It's not something that happens everyday. We were damn lucky Hodge was playing sick too.

Everyone keeps telling me Neale is injured but he played fine last night. Pisses me off. Hope our players really test his leg.

In fact, I hope our players are super physical against Brisbane. Hawthorn style. So long as we win. Sick of being the good guy team. Just win FFS.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Sydney Swans / South Melbourne Bloods vs Brisbane Bears/ Fitzroy Lions - The Big Dance

Remove this Banner Ad

Back