Preview Sydney Swans / South Melbourne Bloods vs Brisbane Bears/ Fitzroy Lions - The Big Dance

Remove this Banner Ad

Mills has been thrown around a bit too though, feels like we are setting the bar lower for Fox imho.

I mean both are good and will do the job if asked.

May come down to matchups
Mills was thrown around because he was rubbish in the mids. He had a couple of okay games in defence and then got injured.

He's well off his usual pace so taking him over Fox poses a risk. Provided he's fully fit and unlikely to reinjure himself then coaches will go with him. But if he's a chance to go down with injury, you take the safe option.

In saying that, I'm expecting Mills to be named. But I think he'd be less deserving of a flag than Fox or Adams.

Ok, I rewatched the Lions GWS game and here is some great news.

The games that really trouble us are the manic in your face tackling pressure games, Port/Geel, Port/Hawks and to a lesser extent us/GWS.

Lions don’t play like this. They were very loose v GWS and their only way back was roll the dice run and gun, take on tackler etc. Much like the PF.

I’m convinced they won’t beat us. We have the legs that GWS didn’t and they are very lucky to have made the prelim, let alone GF. They were behind with 2 mins to go.

Sure there’s some fun facts like Lions undefeated if Daniher goals in the first quarter and Swans undefeated if we lead first quarter.

Whilst they have the wood on us recently, they are going to let us play our game style and try to outmatch us.

We’ve so got this.

Fast players win premierships.

Mills was thrown around because he was rubbish in the mids. He had a couple of okay games in defence and then got injured.

He's well off his usual pace so taking him over Fox poses a risk. Provided he's fully fit and unlikely to reinjure himself then coaches will go with him. But if he's a chance to go down with injury, you take the safe option.

In saying that, I'm expecting Mills to be named. But I think he'd be less deserving of a flag than Fox or Adams.
This season maybe, but I don't think you can just go by the current season on who "deserves" a flag. Plus, it's pretty tough to come back from multiple injuries, not his fault, so if he's in the team and we win, deserved as much as anyone else. Big part of our 2016 and 2022 seasons.

joe had a stinker in the PF and will probably turn it on in the GF

honestly hes their wildcard and the only thing i'm worried about from brisbane

we have everywhere else covered just like against port

Never forget 2014. We had a stress free prelim final, Hawthorn beat Port in an absolute nail biter in the other one.

We came into the gf a strong favourite (I think Hawks were $3 or something). Hawks came in with white line fever with bully tactics and ultra physicality and we melted..

I hope the boys are ready for a possible similar tactic from Brisbane.

It will all come down to the start and our mental attitude.
What I thought straight after the game lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't see McDonald missing out unless his injury is serious and he can't move. After 2022, it would be too cruel for him to miss out again.

He'll probably be hampered and below his best, but should still be able to lead at the ball and should at least provide a contest.

Concerning part would be his ability to apply defensive pressure, and no doubt Fagan would be looking to exploit that, but as a team it's something we'll need to help cover.

You can’t play sympathy

If he isn’t right he isn’t right

Holmes would have been the same last night

If he is no good he shouldn’t play

You see amartey against gws after rolling his ankle?

You can’t play sympathy

If he isn’t right he isn’t right

Holmes would have been the same last night

If he is no good he shouldn’t play

You see amartey against gws after rolling his ankle?

No Mills because he wasn't really match fit even before he did his hammy

Tough on McDonald because I don't think Amartey and McLean can kick a winning score

Mcluggage was good last night

Maybe jj to him

Parker to slow for Zorko

Parker might have to go to Andrews but still not sold on that as you can’t make him taller

Have to get these mid matchups right and we better not have another gave a Neale turns into prime Chris’s Judd against us

Paps needs to watch what Toby Greene did against Starcevich in the SF

Starcevich also kept Paps to nothing even before he got injured

We need at least 2+ from him

Just trying to decide which would be worse:

(a) Swans lose to a kick after the siren;

(b) Katy Perry plays songs from her new album.

Tough call.

I like Katy’s new album the entertainment will be awesome she’s really good at these shows

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Sydney Swans / South Melbourne Bloods vs Brisbane Bears/ Fitzroy Lions - The Big Dance

Remove this Banner Ad

Back