Preview Sydney Swans / South Melbourne Bloods vs Brisbane Bears/ Fitzroy Lions - The Big Dance

Remove this Banner Ad

Just trying to decide which would be worse:

(a) Swans lose to a kick after the siren;

(b) Katy Perry plays songs from her new album.

Tough call.

Haha
I’d say like Robbie there’ll be an obligatory new song thrown in unfortunately.
Roar, Firework, Hot’n’cold, California Gurls main contenders prob.
Whatever she does it’s going to be better than Meatloaf

I just want a 4 qtr performance from everyone. If we lose based on that, we lose.

I don't want to be sitting here next Saturday night drowning my sorrows thinking "What if?" because half our team put in their worst shift all season having stinkers. We've endured enough of that in Grand Finals over the years.
Luckily we have that Port game.
It's comforting to know we can't possibly put in our worst shift all season in the Grand final. ;)

Where are we at with weather Donza ?

Sunny Day Sun GIF by Met Office weather

Throughout the year I’ve been adamant that the Lions were pretenders and would fall apart in finals. A month ago would’ve been sure we’d smash them if we met in a final.

They’ve proven me wrong and the boys will need to play out of their skins for this one. The lions are very much a confidence team and they’ll be riding a wave of momentum going in. They were certainly covering the ground a lot better in the last than Geelong, not like our 2022 prelim where we were hanging on grimly against Collingwood.

Recent weeks tall forwards have made their defence look shaky so it’s good that against Port Amartey, McDonald and McLean looked to play with a lot of cohesion.

Maybe play Parker on Andrews and keep him accountable.

I get the feeling this will be a high scoring shootout.

Mills lead up has been poor to , hasn’t played much.

He was average obviously when came back.

I would only risk if it was 22 mills

This isn’t saying he isn’t best 22 or a garbage player geez but just the facts he his year in general obviously

Similar thinking to me wouldn’t however be against him being the sub.

His knee has been like that for weeks
Yeah I’m aware of that it just looked a lot worse at the end anyways hopefully they play him cause either way he’s not 100%..
Also definitely seen Campbell clutch his groin late and after Papley kicked his last goal he looked like he was about 90 when he ran off i thought he was ****ed came back on but looked ginger so fingers crossed they r both right ..
Cause im on the side of no risk of playing blokes who r cooked I want McDonald and I’d love to see mills included but if ya not getting 90% out of em in a grand final that can b all it takes to swing a game ..
Just not worth it
Adam’s Cleary fox all primed to go if needed just stay away from ladhams and fransis please god

Fox was one our best v Brisbane IIRC.

I just feel like we kicked to Zorko and Lester all day too
Yes Foxy was one of our best in R19 … interestingly, Adams was named as our 2nd best that day 🤷‍♂️ … would hate to be a selector this week 🤦‍♂️

FWIW, if they declare Mills fit, he’ll come straight back in for Fox, with Campbell or perhaps Parker as sub. Only chance for Adams is if both Mills & Logan don’t get up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ladhams gets unnecessary slander on here IMO.

He's a had a solid year in the VFL and is one of the better back up ruck options on an AFL list going around.
No he's not Gawn or even Grundy, but he'd put himself about, win some taps and take some grabs. That he might thump someone deserving of it in a square up would also be an asset in a GF. Don't expect to see him, but if we were unlucky on the training paddock and he is somehow named I'd look forward to him contributing and back him in. He's a Swan.
I’m not uncomfortable with him replacing Grundy if Grundy gets injured (touch wood).

I would be uncomfortable with him replacing Logan or another forward. I’d prefer Hamling if we wanted to remain tall.

At least this week, no one will be calling to drop Jmac because of his knee. Can’t believe some people on this board - zero faith !! I’m looking at you JackHiscoxWasFast
Haha yes was disappointed in you JackHiscoxWasFast and other posters. Macca needed the run and given he had an extra 2 weeks to further recover, he was always gonna play in the PF. As I posted last week, I expected he’d have a much improved game against Port and would be cherry ripe for the granny 🍒

Im just asking what you're basing it on. Heard it from a bunch of lions supporters that he's a decent backup ruckman, but they're biased lion supporters. I'm assuming since he's a 31 year old b-tier ruck playing in vfl he can't be that good?

He looks like a twig and he weighs way less than Grundy.
View attachment 2118333
He smashed us in the VFL. He got 68 hitouts in the VFL QF against the Bulldogs this year.

Sent from my SM-G990E using Tapatalk

Last edited:
He's a better player but we've seen what playing unfit players can do. Mcveigh 2014. Mills 2016. Reid 2022.

It can potentially lose Grand Finals and I'd be astonished if Longmire hasn't learnt his lesson yet. Captain or not. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

It's fantastic that jmac proved his fitness. But we've shown we can win without Mills and I honestly do not trust him anymore.

Can you imagine if he does his hamstring in the first 5 minutes? It will be a ****ing disaster. I'd rather be cautious and play a fully fit player.
I think Longmire has to be really really careful about what message his selections set as well.

The team had a shocker when Reid was selected and Logan missed out in 2022. Their teammates would have been blind not to see that Reid wasn’t ready and faith wasn’t shown in who was fit.

Our mid year form slip also coincided with Mills coming back too soon and other good fit players missing out.

Obviously in both games there were lots of factors at play, and hopefully Mills is fit if he does play, but if there are any question marks, we have to err to not playing him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Sydney Swans / South Melbourne Bloods vs Brisbane Bears/ Fitzroy Lions - The Big Dance

Remove this Banner Ad

Back