Preview Sydney Swans / South Melbourne Bloods vs Brisbane Bears/ Fitzroy Lions - The Big Dance

Remove this Banner Ad

Fox forward, Cleary sub would be it imo
I would prefer Fox in defence pushing Florent and Campbell forward. More dynamic.
Frampton was good on Andrews last year. Maybe McLean or Amartey need to play a similar role.
If we try to play a negating tall on Andrews it would have to be McLean. Logan not strong enough and need Amartey leading at the ball. As our second ruck I'm not sure we would do that. Tricky.

You can’t play sympathy

If he isn’t right he isn’t right

Holmes would have been the same last night

If he is no good he shouldn’t play

You see amartey against gws after rolling his ankle?
You don’t rate McDonald so no need to be empathetic. Deal with it but you have spent so much time bagging him out.

The irony and you don’t bother to mention that Neale has a bung ankle and Payne with a dodgy knee (not Pain which his not his actual name (every one of your posts was off the mark and couldn’t name the player properly)…

All teams play players under duress at this time of the year. It is what it is. Survival of the fittest.

Swans will win.

Even with negative energy.

As long as he undergoes better stress testing than whatever we did with Reid. Assume that was just "can you make it through the red rooster drive thru in under 10 minutes".

If Logan looks proppy still, and Mills is fit, I'd play both Mills (on Andrews) and Fox (on Rayner). Parker acts as a target and gets some bursts in midfield.

We may have Campbell to consider as well, if he looks hampered by his groin. Cleary as sub would be the pick for me there though.
Let’s just say Reid was lucky his drive thru test was in the daytime

Unpopular opinion.
But I loved the timeslot at the MCG yesterday.
Was perfect.

For a prelim yes not a GF. Clubs have after match functions after GF’s they should be able to celebrate with their fans

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You don’t rate McDonald so no need to be empathetic. Deal with it but you have spent so much time bagging him out.

The irony and you don’t bother to mention that Neale has a bung ankle and Payne with a dodgy knee (not Pain which his not his actual name (every one of your posts was off the mark and couldn’t name the player properly)…

All teams play players under duress at this time of the year. It is what it is. Survival of the fittest.

Swans will win.

Even with negative energy.
Like you with Parker

Don’t start with the negative crap . I said we would win last night:

Don’t start the negative shit with me. Dm me if you have a ****ing problem , sorry I missed spelled his name.

I don’t like the current time slot for GFs. The game finishes just as the day is dying but it is not yet night. The end of the game and the post game celebrations feel anticlimactic.

Either start at 1.30 so it finishes in sunlight, or later in the afternoon / evening so it finishes at night time. Current timeslot is no man’s land.

Like you with Parker

Don’t start with the negative crap . I said we would win last night:

Don’t start the negative shit with me. Dm me if you have a ****ing problem.
Parker is now a defensive forward. Removed from the midfield. My negativity was caste on solid ground. He’s not rated as a midfielder. Deal with it.

No problem with you, I’m not messaging you. Learn the name of the blonde fella on the Lions team. Stop hiding behind a facade of laziness.

I don’t like the current time slot for GFs. The game finishes just as the day is dying but it is not yet night. The end of the game and the post game celebrations feel anticlimactic.

Either start at 1.30 so it finishes in sunlight, or later in the afternoon / evening so it finishes at night time. Current timeslot is no man’s land.
4.30 seems perfect to me. Two extra hours of build up.

Maybe I am getting old, but 2.30 comes up real quick these days. I am barely into my third can and the banners are going up.

I just don't trust the likes of McGuire and Hutchison, who only care about money, to leave the whole issue alone after that.

Both of them would happily have a MAFS wedding at 3 qtr time if they thought it would increase the tv ratings and put more money in their pocket.

Good luck Charm Bonz .

As always, excellent write up.

Jeez I would love to see Adams come in but is it the right call? Millsy back if fit and hopefully Logan is right to go.

I really don't want to see Ladhams.

Adams on Zorko.

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

I would prefer Fox in defence pushing Florent and Campbell forward. More dynamic.

If we try to play a negating tall on Andrews it would have to be McLean. Logan not strong enough and need Amartey leading at the ball. As our second ruck I'm not sure we would do that. Tricky.
Remember that Collingwood used Frampton in last year's GF to keep Andrews out of the action and occupied. It worked for 75% of the game and Frampton is hardly a star of the game and is in fact, I'd think, close to being delisted.

Geelong certainly started the game against Brisbane with Olle Henry playing in Andrews. I am not certain if they were marched throughout the game, but Henry is one Geelong player who was really damaging on the night.

Two very different approaches to negating Andrews, defensive v offensive.

I reckon either team by under 10pts. It'll be a thriller, end to end action for parts mixed with physicality & desperation. I'll be a nervous wreck.

Usually for previews, I like to antagonise our opposition, throw out a few trolls, mention Toby Greene having a punchable head or certain clubs being completely irrelevant and not deserving of a preview. But today I will not be doing that (Although if you do want some great banter, I highly suggest going here -> https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/sydney-is-such-a-weak-club.315075/unread close to my favourite thread on Bigfooty).

Anyways without further ado, here is your final preview for 2024 from the eyes of a bias Swans supporter.

View attachment 2117823
The AFL Grand Final
Sydney/South Melbourne Swans Vs Brisbane/Fitzroy Lions

Melbourne Cricket Ground
2:30PM Melbourne/ Sydney Time
Weather:
22 Sunny Minimal Wind

Love your work @Bonz 😍
Excited Season 6 GIF by The Office

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Sydney Swans / South Melbourne Bloods vs Brisbane Bears/ Fitzroy Lions - The Big Dance

Remove this Banner Ad

Back