Preview Sydney Swans v Port Adelaide Preview Thread Round 13

Remove this Banner Ad

All credit to Port, they did to us what we generally do to other teams. Their pressure on us all over the ground was superb, and we didn't respond at all.

Given our manic pressure on Adelaide previously, i'm just surprised how easily we crumbled under Ports pressure, given our hardness and experience - blind kicks, dropped marks, mis-kicks, missed tackles.

I think it's a timely reminder to the whole team, don't play to our structures, move away from our ethic, ect we will get beaten, chill folks and stop singling out individual players,
we were out worked and out played, credit to where credit is due, Port beat us, and beat us at our own game.
Hopefully the reality check we needed, we will re-stock, hate this week and bounce back hard.

Like the tigers game last year. However they better be breathing fire next week and crunch the blues

Seriously...they have finally succumbed to an unbelievable list if key injuries...played in a swamp....even lost our best player on the day right when the game was on the line! No big feather in Port cap, playing 50% reserves side...commentators raving like a GF win....sickening and upsetting but not at all unexpected all things considered...

Absolutely outplayed....a real touch up from a team who probably wont play finals..ouch. We just had nothing after qtr time. Curse of the bye!

Mate honestly you are not suggesting the players perform on how Swans supporters post on Bigfooty do you? Its Football Melbourne Beating Essendon, Richmond beating Hawthorn shite happens.

Mate what I am saying is that if you don't respect the opposition and just expect to win then this is what happens. We turned up without the mindset to play which to me shows a lack of respect for our opposition, we expected to win and got our butts kicked.

Same goes for some of our supporters, as I said nothing wrong with being confident but when you don't respect the opposition and make outrageous statements such as we win by 80+ no matter who is in the team it just shows a complete lack of respect for what the opposition is capable of producing and I don't believe that is what genuine swans supporters are all about.

I hate the arrogance on the main board and the dumb threads.

But the main game is the main game - I think we were awful from the 10 minute mark today. Our skills were just appalling - as bad as I have ever seen. We know we aren't a wet weather team, but seriously the number of times players missed a kick off the ground - guys the ball is stationary it's not that hard to move it forwards in your direction. Just keep it going in your direction.

Ultimately we had the wrong guys getting a lot of the ball - rok just doing the throw the ball on the boot, Parker hand passing too hard with the slippery ball.

Our skills are not that good - force it forwards

In the back half I think all of the defenders were beaten. But given that the ball must have spent 75% of the time in their forward half from halftime onwards the real culprits were the midfield.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hate the arrogance on the main board and the dumb threads.

But the main game is the main game - I think we were awful from the 10 minute mark today. Our skills were just appalling - as bad as I have ever seen. We know we aren't a wet weather team, but seriously the number of times players missed a kick off the ground - guys the ball is stationary it's not that hard to move it forwards in your direction. Just keep it going in your direction.

Ultimately we had the wrong guys getting a lot of the ball - rok just doing the throw the ball on the boot, Parker hand passing too hard with the slippery ball.

Our skills are not that good - force it forwards

In the back half I think all of the defenders were beaten. But given that the ball must have spent 75% of the time in their forward half from halftime onwards the real culprits were the midfield.
Would have to agree with a lot of what you have said here. Don't think there is a great deal more I could contribute.

Benefits however:
radar_screen.jpg

Can't blame the big key forwards or ruckmen today as it was wet and the service to the forward line was terrible.
Certainly most players had bad games, and our fumbling killed us. But I just hate seeing that lazy shit just let the opposition just stroll off with the ball without any pressure, and other players started playing like him today,

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Sydney Swans v Port Adelaide Preview Thread Round 13

Remove this Banner Ad

Back