Preview Sydney Swans v Port Adelaide Preview Thread Round 13

Remove this Banner Ad

I really wish people would stop saying stuff like that especially on the main board. It is not helping at all.
The amount of crap on bigfooty over the last 8 months about the cola,you think a few swans supporters having a laugh makes a difference.I have noticed the real hatred of the swans by other supporters since last September and no amount of factual evidence will change their mind.So why not laugh it off.

Losing to port is just another little bump along the road, it happens :) Sydney is a good team and I actually expected a loss.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The thing is last year grand final day i said many times win today i dont even care how we go next year, now i disagree win this years too.

Todays loss doesnt bother me as much as the losses to hawks and cats or even the dockers draw

I have to admire the optimism of this board after a loss :rolleyes: contrary to that of a win. Credit should go to the opposition when we are outplayed and outcoached. Yes we are a good footy side, but good footy sides do get beaten, as was like today. There is no doubt that the guys would be disappointed, but that disappointment turns into hunger to win again. You ask yourself the question though, we are the reigning premiers, and that in itself is great motivation for the opposition. I notice some are calling this an upset of the year, but Port Adelaide are a good side when switched on, as was seen at the start of the year.

It is apparent that injuries to key players can attribute to poor team structure and cohesion, but at the same time this should test the depth of a footy side. Players should take their opportunity to shine and make an impact during the absence of key personnel.

Worst thing to do is rehash on the negatives, but rather the positives. A glass should be considered half full - not empty. So for those on here who are bandwagoners and tend to jump on when we are winning, and then hop off just as fast when we lose, well truly these supporters are not those who stick through thick and thin, and I guess if we were in Melbourne's position at the moment, nothing would be seen or heard from them.

This is solely my opinion, and I understand all too well how frustrating it is after a loss, but that is life, there can only be one winner.

I'm sorry, but that was nothing short of ******* repulsive. We looked like a bottom 4 side out there, not a top 4 side. Tony Armstrong and Jesse White were both as useless as ever.

We're notoriously known for a lapse in form post the bye, which was evident today. We need to get back into our form this Friday night with a massive bang against the Blues. Hopefully we will get Jetta back, who was sorely missed today.
Umm... notoriously known for a lapse in form post the bye... last year we came out after the bye and beat the Cats!!

Umm... notoriously known for a lapse in form post the bye... last year we came out after the bye and beat the Cats!!

That's the only win post-bye in the last 8.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Sydney Swans v Port Adelaide Preview Thread Round 13

Remove this Banner Ad

Back