Preview Sydney v Bulldogs SCG Sunday 3:20

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I obviously love Rampe but not sure I'd consider him a top ten player for us at present. Still a gun though. You might be right as to the Roos game.

Appplying the Reid rule though, how good is when he isn't playing?

We missed Mills and TMac for a stretch this year, not 3 obviously.

Also subjectively depends on who is in your top 10.
Well I was being subjective by not including Rampe but objectively not sure anyone would deny that Rowbottom, Papley & McInerney are top ten players for us.

Well I was being subjective by not including Rampe but objectively not sure anyone would deny that Rowbottom, Papley & McInerney are top ten players for us.
Depends if they are in form, which granted they were when injured.

If clearances and contested ball were our biggest weakness to address over summer, as some suggested, then missing Mills, Parker and Adams could have been in the top 10, but we then came up with a new top 10 without them. Cunningham is in the conversation depending on the opponent and missed early on too.

DQ Top 10
1. Heeney
2. Chad
3. Errol
4. Lizard
5. Mills
6. Rowbottom
7. McCartin
8. Grundy
9. Papley
10. Hayward

Where is McI? I’d put him at 11, just to be antagonistic.
Florent at 12.

DQ Top 10
1. Heeney
2. Chad
3. Errol
4. Lizard
5. Mills
6. Rowbottom
7. McCartin
8. Grundy
9. Papley
10. Hayward

Florent at 12.
At the moment (not fit) Parker and Mills are not T10. McInerney was when fit, in front of Hayward and Melican.

I'll be controversial and say I'm not sure I'd have McCartin in our top 10 most important players. We didn't exactly miss him even when coming up against the Blues. Our defensive system means that defensive qualities aren't as crucial in individuals, it's the ability of someone like Blakey to damage on the transition that makes him so good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

DQ Top 10
1. Heeney
2. Chad
3. Errol
4. Lizard
5. Mills
6. Rowbottom
7. McCartin
8. Grundy
9. Papley
10. Hayward

Florent at 12.
I'd have Rowbottom & Grundy way higher and Hayward would be nowhere near it. Not sure McCartin should be ranked significantly higher than Melican or Rampe either.

In any case I didn't mean to open a can of worms in regards to who is in our top ten players, who isn't, etc.

My point was more I don't know if we've missed so many guns at once before. We've certainly had bigger injury crises before in terms of volume of players injured.

I'd have Rowbottom & Grundy way higher and Hayward would be nowhere near it. Not sure McCartin should be ranked significantly higher than Melican or Rampe either.

In any case I didn't mean to open a can of worms in regards to who is in our top ten players, who isn't, etc.

My point was more I don't know if we've missed so many guns at once before. We've certainly had bigger injury crises before in terms of volume of players injured.
The bold bit has happened quite a bit this morning. 🤦

I did my cardboard run today instead of Sunday, so I can get angry at the Swans without interruption

Which is a not-so-smooth segue into this map I found on what people call potato scallops in other parts of the country. As we have SMFC etched into our guernsey, not to mention most of our history, I think we all agree it is equally acceptable to call them potato cakes - so long as we all agree that the Doggies are cheats, their coach is a d*ckhead and that 2016 will always retain an asterisks.
Potato scallop/cake/fritter/whatever debate is small beer.

Try telling an Australian soccer zealot that the name for soccer is soccer.

Potato scallop/cake/fritter/whatever debate is small beer.

Try telling an Australian soccer zealot that the name for soccer is soccer.
It is Soccer for me at least and I like both sports 🤣

Top 10 (individually important)

Grundy
Heeney
Gulden
Rowbottom
Warner
TMac
Blakey
Melican
Papley
Cunningham

Hon Mentions - JMac, JJ at times

* Bonus Content - Favourite Players *

Rowbottom
Cunningham
Heeney
Fox
TMac
Blakey
Gulden
Rampe
Mills
Amartey

You'd have Rowbottom way higher? Which of Heeney, Chad, Errol, Mills and Blakey would you have him in front of?

Grundy
Heeney
Gulden
Rowbottom
Warner
TMac
Blakey
Melican
Papley
Cunningham

If going just by importance to the team then yeah, I'd agree with Grundy at number. Would have had McCartin last year but I don't think he's anywhere near as crucial this season.

Well hopefully some of this top 10 players perform Sunday, feel dirty agreeing with Barrett but Mills does owe the club a decent game!

At least the best players debate stopped the negativity
The A Team 80S GIF

Grundy
Heeney
Gulden
Rowbottom
Warner
TMac
Blakey
Melican
Papley
Cunningham

* Bonus Content - Favourite Players *

Rowbottom
Cunningham
Heeney
Fox
TMac
Blakey
Gulden
Rampe
Mills
Amartey

If Cunningham is in our top 10 most important I will eat my own shoe, you have him ahead of the captain for a start 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back