Preview Sydney v Bulldogs SCG Sunday 3:20

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean where was Parker? we heard how awesome he was tackling against North? how about holding the ball inside the forward 50?

We criticise the fringe guys which are 3 of our young talls and we ignore guys like Parker Heeney etc putting **** all pressure on.

Thought bar Errol and Adams who did have dome poor disposal momemts, the whole midfield was poor. I won't count Grundy as one. Chad ordinary, Parker mediocre, the rest were terrible. Really do miss Rowbottom badly, he'd have been against McCluggage for sure.

If we didn't have so many injuries I'd be deadset in favour of dropping Florent. Hasn't just been below his expectations, he's been flat out poor pretty much every week since the bye - that's seven weeks ago now. I've got absolutely no faith that he will do something good with the ball when he has it, and most alarmingly, he looks like he has no faith in himself that he'll do something good with the ball when he has it.

It's a very long stretch to be getting away with.

Goes hand in hand. Too often do all 3 of them yes even Logan not try. I would rather you give a free against making the opposition defender earn it. We made Harris Andrews BOG for 3 quarters!

They try, they may not give the output , but they all busted in pretty well. I am
not saying they are perfect far from it. But when your mids constantly kick over your head into the sun, or hit an opponent fair on the chest what can you actually do.

The thing Amartey especially can't do is go run on the ball and create himself

The ultimate lol is that Sam Reid is actually fit
We klept him on the list for this very reason.
List integrity.
When others fail, reward someone in the seconds to give every player hope.
Sam Reid has done his rehab & played a few games.
We know what he gives when fit.
Contest!

If we didn't have so many injuries I'd be deadset in favour of dropping Florent. Hasn't just been below his expectations, he's been flat out poor pretty much every week since the bye - that's seven weeks ago now. I've got absolutely no faith that he will do something good with the ball when he has it, and most alarmingly, he looks like he has no faith in himself that he'll do something good with the ball when he has it.

Even with injuries I think you could move him from defence.

We go on about slow starts why not chuck Florent in the first centre square bounce for example?

They try, they may not give the output , but they all busted in pretty well. I am
not saying they are perfect far from it. But when your mids constantly kick over your head into the sun, or hit an opponent fair on the chest what can you actually do.

The thing Amartey especially can't do is go run on the ball and create himself

Look I blame the mids far more. Has Chad drunk his own bathwater lately or what? Honestly bar Adams/Gulden did any of them even play? How many centre clearances did they walk out all day long. That said the tall forwards were poor.

Look I blame the mids far more. Has Chad drunk his own bathwater lately or what? Honestly bar Adams/Gulden did any of them even play? How many centre clearances did they walk out all day long. That said the tall forwards were poor.

Yet we lost by 2? I can't see Horse throwing players out when he has so many forced changes. Maybe I am wrong of course.

Blakey has been far worse, I mean people blame Florent for the HTB yesterday it was a dead set hospital pass to him. Florent will be better once we have Mills to stiffen up that back half a bit.

Even with injuries I think you could move him from defence.

We go on about slow starts why not chuck Florent in the first centre square bounce for example?
We've been to that well before I guess.

In 2020 he played as a centre bounce mid and started like a house on fire but dropped away pretty significantly after the first three or four games. By year's end he'd been pushed back out to a wing in favour of Rowbottom and even Blakey.

In 2022 he started the season as a centre bounce mid and had a great season opener against GWS. Then immediately dipped again.

Has just given us little justification for playing him in the midfield.

Yet we lost by 2? I can't see Horse throwing players out when he has so many forced changes. Maybe I am wrong of course.

I do agree with you but we have to get the right mix. Campbell as a winger I hated it, 13 possessions for a winger, Lloyd 14 possessions on the other wing. We cannot play these two as full time starting mids, surely. It's one of the two.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We've been to that well before I guess.

In 2020 he played as a centre bounce mid and started like a house on fire but dropped away pretty significantly after the first three or four games. By year's end he'd been pushed back out to a wing in favour of Rowbottom and even Blakey.

In 2022 he started the season as a centre bounce mid and had a great season opener against GWS. Then immediately dipped again.

Has just given us little justification for playing him in the midfield.

Fair , but he has given us reasonable justification to ride out his work in defence if we are going over the past?

Fair , but he has given us reasonable justification to ride out his work in defence if we are going over the past?
About a month ago when he'd already been doing my head in for nearly a month, yes he had. Another month on and I'm just kinda... over it. He's 26 now, 150+ games. Should be better.

I do agree with you but we have to get the right mix. Campbell as a winger I hated it, 13 possessions for a winger, Lloyd 14 possessions on the other wing. We cannot play these two as full time starting mids, surely. It's one of the two.

Not denying plenty to fix , but look at turnovers yesterday we had one more.

We had less clearances and less inside 50s they are the big differences, but we blame tall forwards ? we gave our forward line less opportunity.

A lot of yesterday was bad luck .

Don't feel we move Florent, but I like your idea of starting with a different mix. I would start Blakey on a wing

About a month ago when he'd already been doing my head in for nearly a month, yes he had. Another month on and I'm just kinda... over it.

He played better before his contract signing

Not denying plenty to fix , but look at turnovers yesterday we had one more.

We had less clearances and less inside 50s they are the big differences, but we blame tall forwards ? we gave our forward line less opportunity.

A lot of yesterday was bad luck .

How in the blue moon did we only have one more turnover it seemed at least 20 more!

Pardon my ignorance - but what was Hayward’s injury?

Ankle but he played it out. However we basically played him as a pseudo full forward for the last half

Don't feel we move Florent, but I like your idea of starting with a different mix. I would start Blakey on a wing

Maybe not even that, just do something , I dgaf what it is.

The interesting one will be if as we get mids back like Rowbottom and Mills, maybe Jmac? But have Paps out do we go back to Heeney as a forward ?

How in the blue moon did we only have one more turnover it seemed at least 20 more!

Because we see our own teams mistakes more.

Zorko turned it over 7 times, Mcluggage 5 , both teams were it was windy and a tight game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back