T. Tuck Over Dose - 12 weeks for 3rd Strike

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Hawthorn confirm latest Travis Tuck incident as 3rd strike in their drugs policy

What a pity that other drug takers don't get penalised in their occupations too, lawyers, doctors, nurses, labourers,carpenters,tellers, managers,judges etc....

nurse and doctors would get in major strife if caught with drugs. They would get a review from their respective tribunals for sure. I'm not sure about the rest.

Re: T. Tuck overdoses

Seems our Police are keen as well. Maybe some Hawthorn supporting police official asked to make it go away.

I've seen several posts now from you where you seem surprised the police aren't taking it further and insinuating that there is something dodgy going on.

The most that would happen is he would be sent to a drug diversion program and with the profile he has the police know he is going to be going through much more than that so they probably didn't see any need to worry about taking it further.

This isn't unusual, certainly if the amount of drugs found was very small. There is nothing dodge going on in that respect.

Re: Hawthorn confirm latest Travis Tuck incident as 3rd strike in their drugs policy

nurse and doctors would get in major strife if caught with drugs. They would get a review from their respective tribunals for sure. I'm not sure about the rest.

My mate is a forklift driver and lost his job for test positive to pot, so it does happen in other jobs.

Well actually he was given the option to get off it and pass a test in a month but he just quit, but still.

Re: T. Tuck overdoses - 3rd Strike Being Reported

Just on SEN.

Result is:
Had previously tested positive twice
Admitted to the 3rd offence
10 months of treatment at St Vincents Hospital
Regularly tested as part of the treatment
Guilty of conduct unbecoming

$5000K fine
12 weeks suspension
Can play VFL after 8 weeks suspension

Suffering clinical depression for some time, Adrian Anderson says - and that it was not of a recreational sense, rather it was a symptom of his condition...

Does anyone take this as an excuse?

Stokes - $5000 and 8 weeks for a first strike.
Tuck - $5000 and 12 weeks for a third strike.

Pathetic. Really pathetic. What's even more pathetic is that Stokes was charged for drug trafficking because he bought 1 gram of cocaine for his mates while Tuck is not even charged after being found under the influence with drugs paraphernalia.

Here I was thinking that when someone finally did get a third strike, there'd be hell to pay. This is just weak.

According to SEN twitter:

Travis Tuck suffering from clinical depression. Drug use not recreational.

Not sure what that means but pretty sad if it is how it reads.

I really don't like that he'll be kept on the Rookie List. Why does someone else have to miss out on a spot because Tuck f*cked up?

There is no doubt in my mind he was going to be de-listed before this. Or perhaps stating he'll be kpet on the rookie list is for the remainder of this season until the list changes are lodged?

The AFL 3 Strikes POLICY is a disgrace!

12 weeks and you can be back playing in the AFL.... What a joke

what do you want ? life ban? the players have volunteered for these tests, they could just not have any. The whole point of it is to help players, hes been in intensive treatment for 10mths, and was doing well. Has clinical depression and was doing well until this incident.

The policy is about medical treatment not punishing players.

Pathetic. Really pathetic. What's even more pathetic is that Stokes was charged for drug trafficking because he bought 1 gram of cocaine for his mates while Tuck is not even charged after being found under the influence with drugs paraphernalia.

Here I was thinking that when someone finally did get a third strike, there'd be hell to pay.
Geez, the delete button is on the bottom of the page.. suggest you use it before you realise what you wrote.

GEELONG (that's your football club) imposed that suspension on Stokes. The AFL had absolutely nothing to do with it. WOW that's dumb...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Suffering clinical depression for some time, Adrian Anderson says - and that it was not of a recreational sense, rather it was a symptom of his condition...

Or perhaps the clinical depression is a result of the drug use? Who knows.

Punishment is far too leniant.

If you don't suffer from clinical depression you've got no idea what the bloke is going through. There is a massive different between Tuck and Cousins; one guy using drugs to help with his mental issues and the other using drugs to reward himself.

The AFL 3 Strikes POLICY is a disgrace!

12 weeks and you can be back playing in the AFL.... What a joke

Why?

the drug isn't on the WADA list. It's a recreational drug (a ****ing dangerous one to be sure). The players are not required to be tested for these drugs, they agree to be tested.

This is a humane and sensible decision.

If it was a banned PED he'd get 2 years instantly.

Here I was thinking that when someone finally did get a third strike, there'd be hell to pay. This is just weak.

Erm...Stokes was charged with a criminal offence (rightly or wrongly)...Tuck has only been found under the infuence of drugs...On paper, Stokes' problem was worse.

Geez, the delete button is on the bottom of the page.. suggest you use it before you realise what you wrote.

GEELONG (that's your football club) imposed that suspension on Stokes. The AFL had absolutely nothing to do with it. WOW that's dumb...
What is your point?

Erm...Stokes was charged with a criminal offence (rightly or wrongly)...Tuck has only been found under the infuence of drugs...On paper, Stokes' problem was worse.
They both committed acts that are considered against the law, but there was a lot more evidence against Tuck than Stokes. The only reason they had anything on Stokes was because he confessed.

the AFl gave stokes nothing and being under the influence or having drug paraphernaila isnt actually illegal. Od's are never charged because police dont want people to not call for help for fear of being charged it happens all the time he is not getting special treatment.

Different to thrillseeking but shouldn't be a mitigating factor in sentencing. Requires different treatment, is all.

It should be far better publicised that throwing these types of drugs at mental health problems is going to end up messy.

No I take it as a legitimate reason.

Are people really getting upset because they don't feel like they are getting their pound of flesh???

Seems strangely lenient to me.

If Box Hill play 3 finals this year, then he misses their first 5 games next year and is back into it. If the Hawks play four finals this year, then he plays three games at BH and rolls up to the seniors in round 8?

the AFl gave stokes nothing and being under the influence or having drug paraphernaila isnt actually illegal. Od's are never charged because police dont want people to not call for help for fear of being charged it happens all the time he is not getting special treatment.
I know the AFL did not take direct action because Geelong took it for them - they were accountable for their footballer. I am, however, making the comparison because it should be the league throwing the book at a player for continued breaches of a playing code, not the club.

what do you want ? life ban? the players have volunteered for these tests, they could just not have any. The whole point of it is to help players, hes been in intensive treatment for 10mths, and was doing well. Has clinical depression and was doing well until this incident.

The policy is about medical treatment not punishing players.

This, god some people on here can't hide their hate for a club. Remember people what do we get from trying to destroy this young mans life nonething and when it clear he is having some big issues in his life already why would we want to isolate him even more. IMO he needs to be punished and I reckon the afl have got this right

Remove this Banner Ad

T. Tuck Over Dose - 12 weeks for 3rd Strike

Remove this Banner Ad

Back