TAC Cup Future Stars Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

I cannot see us taking a tall with our first pick. We already have a rainforest, we don't need anymore tall timber. MIDFIELDERS are an absolute must.

You will lose Griffin to WA and Moran is hardly a capable back up for Maric. I'd think Crows coaching staff will want to continue with Tippett up forward rather than thrusting him into the ruck. Don't think Lycett to Adelaide is a bad choice by them.

Making any draft order totally pointless. :thumbsu:

We don't need a HBF.

No Carlton?

Disagree entirely that WCE don't need a half back flanker. Finishing 16th, I don't think you could complain with any decent backmen. None of the Eagles defenders, apart from Hurn, can use the football by foot. Heppell has this ability and can also move into the midfield. Sheppard will have to move into the midfield in years to come.

Other thoughts:

Lynch a surprise for me at six, but he has a massive amount of upside and the Tigers could build a forward line around Riewoldt, Griffiths and Lynch. Astbury seems to be doing well down back and Post looks better at that end of the ground IMO.

I cannot see us taking a tall with our first pick. We already have a rainforest, we don't need anymore tall timber. MIDFIELDERS are an absolute must.

KPPs no. But a tall ruckman I don't think is so bad.

Lycett at that position represents really good value for a quality tall ruckman so I don't think it is such a bad selection considering the number of undersized ruckman Adelaide have.

But if that selection is made then selections later would likely be mids obviously.

Disagree entirely that WCE don't need a half back flanker. Finishing 16th, I don't think you could complain with any decent backmen. None of the Eagles defenders, apart from Hurn, can use the football by foot. Heppell has this ability and can also move into the midfield. Sheppard will have to move into the midfield in years to come.

Sam Butler says hi.

Other than him and Hurn, the likes of Waters, Smith, Sheppard, Stevenson, Embley and Strijk are all extremely capable off half-back.

While we could obviously squeeze Heppell into our 22, someone like Lynch, Polec, Smith or Gaff would certainly appear a more appropriate selection.

I will go nuts if we pick Lycett in the first round. What Adelaide needs is quality midfielders and if Caddy is still available, there is no chance that we would overlook him for a tall. If we draft a ruckman, it would be a mature-aged ruckman from the SANFL/VFL/WAFL in the rookie draft.

I doubt Wce would go Heppel and Rich wouldnt go Lynch they have ben griffiths

why would you doubt it, Heppel is the best kick in this years Draft. when he played under 16's for vic country, he played as a midfeilder and averaged high 20,s with effeciency at 75% and he was a goal kicker, he played of half back last year and made the vic country this year at half back because of his kicking and football brain, in the last two weeks he has dominated in the mid feild his kicking ripping games apart, his clearence work quality and his spread first class, i also know that Richmond went yesterday to look at Heppel, Lynch, Guthrie, Prestia, Lamb, and are also looking at Daleny, i also have heard that Lynch is being considered because Ben Griffiths might be groomed as a ruck next year and if he looks like he will succeed then they will need a CHF.
Richmond are amazed at How much of an engine Griffiths has developed and believe his height, spring, pace, footskills will be more effective in the Ruck. To my disappointment thats why we will not select Gorringe.

Polec and Nathan Batley are the other players Richmond is considering with there 1st 2 picks.

I believe the Top 5 at this stage is
GC Swallow, Bennell, Day WC Atley GC Lynch
I would be really surprised if Lynch got past Richmond at 6. I think GC will nab Lynch asap. The upside is huge and you can never have too many talls. WC are the wildcard. Polec and Smith must be strong contenders as well as Gaff. Gaff is solid but the dazzle isnt there for mine. Gaff is a mix between Luke Power and Brent Stanton for mine. Clever hard running mid who will win lots of the footy but wont be super dazzling. A toyota corolla who will run all day for many years.

Who told you this DT?

I spoke to Griffiths earlier in the year and I asked whether the club planned to play him in the ruck when the ball came into the forward line and he told me that : no the club didn't want him to play ruck becuase that's the postion that caused most of his injurys before he was drafted.

Dib;t liked that they skipped the GC for 'timing constraints', but interesting to see what they've come up with.

Has Hutchy watched a TAC Cup game yet or is he waiting for the GF?

Who told you this DT?

I spoke to Griffiths earlier in the year and I asked whether the club planned to play him in the ruck when the ball came into the forward line and he told me that : no the club didn't want him to play ruck becuase that's the postion that caused most of his injurys before he was drafted.

i cant say, all i can say that he would of told you that before he did his shoulder again playing at CHF going for mark, i think you will find that he has even surprised him self how well he has developed his tank, if he can get some consistant game time in the ruck and i mean 2nd ruck to Gus then his confidence and strength will back to his shoulders, he will play CHF as well but not full time.

with Post and Griffiths they will develop as 2nd Rucks to Gus, with Vickory playing more Forward, but he will be left in the two's to develop, Browne will be used before TV unless he comes on more than expected, they dont want to Ruin TV's development as he highly regarded at punt Road and believe that may have been pushed in the deep end to early.

why would you doubt it, Heppel is the best kick in this years Draft. when he played under 16's for vic country, he played as a midfeilder and averaged high 20,s with effeciency at 75% and he was a goal kicker, he played of half back last year and made the vic country this year at half back because of his kicking and football brain, in the last two weeks he has dominated in the mid feild his kicking ripping games apart, his clearence work quality and his spread first class.

Thanks for the description mate. Sounds like a class act through the middle then. I certainly want the next best midfielder after Swallow.

Here's the list:
1. David Swallow (GC)
3. Sam Day (GC)
4. Dyson Heppell (WCE)
6. Tom Lynch (Rich)
8. Shaun Atley (Ess)
10. Jed Lamb (Bris)
12. Jack Darling (Melb)
14. Scott Lycetts (Adel)
16. Josh Caddy (Port)
17. Lucas Cook (NM)
19. Jayden Pitt (Haw)
20. Matthew Watson (Frem)
21. Patrick Karnezis (Swans)
22. Mitch Wallis (WB)
23. Billie Smedts (Geel)
24. Aaron Young (StK)
25. Dion Prestia (Coll)
i would rather Jack Darling then Jed LAMB

I think Richmonds selections will be decided by who we can land at trade time. If like some of the rumors are saying we can pick up outside runners like Knights or Toy or both we will more than likely go tall (Lynch or Darling) if we dont get our targets in trade week we'll go small (Heppell, Gaff, Atley or Polec) with our first pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Richmonds selections will be decided by who we can land at trade time. If like some of the rumors are saying we can pick up outside runners like Knights or Toy or both we will more than likely go tall (Lynch or Darling) if we dont get our targets in trade week we'll go small (Heppell, Gaff, Atley or Polec) with our first pick.

No offence and its only my opinion but Gaff is not what we want, i would rather Smith or Caddy as well as the other 3 you mentioned, you must understand Gaff point of difference is his Gut running and his off feild leadership qualities unlike Tom Scully who's kicking and inside play as well as his creative play with his hands made him the stand out, there is nothing about Gaff that standouts and when he plays AFL he will playing amongst men who have developed huge Tanks so it wont be easy for him, so he needs to develop a weapon which he hasnt got, the other side of things the mids that have a point of difference will develop tanks in a few pre seasons.

If Heppell is gone i would say Tom Lynch would be our pick, i highlighted that that Lynch could be a top 10 pick a couple months ago because of his huge upside, he has demonstrated how much he has improved in the last month, it also wont go un noticed to recruiters that his breakout game was for vic country and his games that he has influenced of late have been in the Final series causing oposition sides 2 double team him, which he demontrated his flexiablity by going up ground and setting up play.

he is a strapping young lad that will develop well in the Gym he can only get better.

No offence and its only my opinion but Gaff is not what we want, i would rather Smith or Caddy as well as the other 3 you mentioned, you must understand Gaff point of difference is his Gut running and his off feild leadership qualities unlike Tom Scully who's kicking and inside play as well as his creative play with his hands made him the stand out, there is nothing about Gaff that standouts and when he plays AFL he will playing amongst men who have developed huge Tanks so it wont be easy for him, so he needs to develop a weapon which he hasnt got, the other side of things the mids that have a point of difference will develop tanks in a few pre seasons.

If Heppell is gone i would say Tom Lynch would be our pick, i highlighted that that Lynch could be a top 10 pick a couple months ago because of his huge upside, he has demonstrated how much he has improved in the last month, it also wont go un noticed to recruiters that his breakout game was for vic country and his games that he has influenced of late have been in the Final series causing oposition sides 2 double team him, which he demontrated his flexiablity by going up ground and setting up play.

he is a strapping young lad that will develop well in the Gym he can only get better.
Valid points on Gaff, but i still believe who we pick depends on if and who we pick up in trade week

very very happy to hear that we wont be intrested in gaff dt, he just doesnt excite me with what he does & i believe he will be exposed at the higher level, i mentioned in another thread that there was something very fiora like about him & was hopeing we wont take him.

if we were to go tall , i was hopeing for gorringe because of his flexability in the ruck/chf which you also mentioned in another threat to my question in regards to comparisons to kruezer.

the mids that i would be hopeing for if we were to go ''small'' would be atley.hepell,smith,polec in that order......... really like atley & think he would be a great ''fit'' along with cotchin,delidio,foley,martin etc

lynch.............. i know nothing about
what are his features & attributes also who do you see him like as far as current/past players also compared to day which im a HUGE fan of.

Lycett at 14 = Incredibly dumb.

We have Maric, Moran, Sellar, McKernan, Craig + possibly Jacobs.

No stars, I know, but we have depth and no need whatsoever for Lycett. We need speed. I'm hoping for Polec or Lamb.

Lycett at 14 = Incredibly dumb.

We have Maric, Moran, Sellar, McKernan, Craig + possibly Jacobs.

No stars, I know, but we have depth and no need whatsoever for Lycett. We need speed. I'm hoping for Polec or Lamb.

Pretty sure Rendell said the other day that Adelaide had to rebuild their midfield so you can assume they will take a mid with their first pick.

Remove this Banner Ad

TAC Cup Future Stars Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Back