Rumour Tales from the Henley Beach Cafe 2: Crows 2021 Rumours

Where do you think Jordan Dawson ends up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I have so say there’s a lot of fuss about a lad who sure had a decent season, but not like an AA season or even the squad. Course he’ll be a handy pick up for the crows who are still a bit light on.

For Port though he’s not going to fix the problems I saw on Saturday night. If Port had him in their team he wouldn’t have made a lick of difference. Much in the same way if Bailey Dale missed the game, it still wouldn’t have made a lick of difference to the result. That’s no slight on Dale whose a very good player.

He’s 3rd in the Swans medal - Keays was runner up in the Crows but people want to trade him ha ha. Fine to get him but he’s not a difference maker, you find those mostly in the top 10 of the draft. The Crows pick at 4 at rhe draft WILL be the most important acquisition of the off season.
He doesn't have to be the difference maker for this to a highly important acquisition for us.

Our consistent ability to attract and recruit highly talented young players of his ilk is central to us becoming a powerful club again. It's way more important than our capacity to fluke one off gun recruits every now on then. The recruitment of Dawson is as much about what it represents in terms of our broader redux as a club, as it is about the difference he as one player makes to our list.

Thank fu** they got thumped and aren’t playing in a Gf, the vibe would be completely different. Harder to sell your a contender after that performance and history of losing home finals with an ageing list
That's actually a really good call. Imaging the hype around there atm if they were leading into the GF. Would be hard not to get caught up in that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

EXTREME INTEREST!

Exxxxtreeeeeeeemeeeee!

We're done folks.

In other news I had a "commercial intensity" meeting today where all 5 of us stared at spreadsheets with some pretty serious scowling going on.

I think I must have seen you guys in a few stock images over the years.

I have so say there’s a lot of fuss about a lad who sure had a decent season, but not like an AA season or even the squad. Course he’ll be a handy pick up for the crows who are still a bit light on.

For Port though he’s not going to fix the problems I saw on Saturday night. If Port had him in their team he wouldn’t have made a lick of difference. Much in the same way if Bailey Dale missed the game, it still wouldn’t have made a lick of difference to the result. That’s no slight on Dale whose a very good player.

He’s 3rd in the Swans medal - Keays was runner up in the Crows but people want to trade him ha ha. Fine to get him but he’s not a difference maker, you find those mostly in the top 10 of the draft. The Crows pick at 4 at rhe draft WILL be the most important acquisition of the off season.
Agree with you.
But additionally... If Dawson joins us, there is then an important precedent made to build upon with other trades into the Crows. Especially for any "homeward bound" lads like Luko or Rankine.
Our pick 4 is important, but don't underestimate the possible benefits of landing a player like Dawson.

Jordan Dawson out with about 10 Port Players for lunch in Henley Beach after his tour of Alberton.

EXTREME INTEREST!

Exxxxtreeeeeeeemeeeee!

We're done folks.

In other news I had a "commercial intensity" meeting today where all 5 of us stared at spreadsheets with some pretty serious scowling going on.
Davies is an extreme numpty.

Better off suggesting pick 1 2022, more than likely to be greater than pick 4 but less than Port’s pick 16.

There has been suggestion of splitting our pick 4 (more like pick 6 after Daicos / Darcy) into 2 later picks. Would turning it into, say, Dawson and Sydney's first pick (12, so likely 14+) be roughly equivalent if Dawson is considered to be worth a 1st round pick himself?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back