No Oppo Supporters Tanner Bruhn interviewed by police over incident from 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

They massaged their headings not long ago to be less defamation-ish.

Geelong midfielder Tanner Bruhn interviewed by police over knowledge of alleged sex assault​

Geelong young gun Tanner Bruhn has been interviewed by police about what he may have witnessed over an alleged sexual assault.

They massaged their headings not long ago to be less defamation-ish.

Geelong midfielder Tanner Bruhn interviewed by police over knowledge of alleged sex assault​

Geelong young gun Tanner Bruhn has been interviewed by police about what he may have witnessed over an alleged sexual assault.
So they should.. hope the club puts a call into the journo/publisher as that is rubbish

Terribly poor headline.

Yes, he was interviewed. Never mind the facts - and that he “witnessed” an alleged incident ……. As compared to “committed” the alleged incident.

Its a non issue

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
It's not a 'non issue'. If he witnessed an alleged incident I would wonder why the interview now.
Surely he would have gone to the police at the time.

“Released pending further investigation” is what makes me nervous. I’m not a lawyer (believe it or not).. but how could a non suspect be “released”. The wording just sounds strange
It’s Jon Ralph! Probably baiting for clicks.

Good job Cats_09..."No opposition supporters" was a good move, Saves a lot of angst for Geelong Board Mods to address.

I am sure all posters on this Board will continue to comment carefully as they have to date.

interviewed "about his knowledge" of an alleged assault, is grist for the mill for the Murdoch Press.

Terribly poor headline.

Yes, he was interviewed. Never mind the facts - and that he “witnessed” an alleged incident ……. As compared to “committed” the alleged incident.

Its a non issue

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Media are morons.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's not a 'non issue'. If he witnessed an alleged incident I would wonder why the interview now.
Surely he would have gone to the police at the time.
"1would wonder why the interview now" Perhaps the alleged assault has just come to light

Yes, if he was a witness to a sexual assault, especially one in which "Child Abuse Investigation" is involved, and didn't report anything, I'd say that's pretty bad and not something to be dismissed off hand.
That’s the name of the Police department, they work on sexual assault and child abuse cases - bloody tough gig

"1would wonder why the interview now" Perhaps the alleged assault has just come to light
Which is precisely my 2nd query.
If I were witness to such a thing I wouldn't be waiting for it to come to light. I'd hope I'd do the right thing and talk to the police at the next opportunity.

Edit: NVM. News corp changing the story.

Last edited:
If I were witness to such a thing I wouldn't be waiting for it to come to light. I'd hope I'd do the right thing and talk to the police at the next opportunity.
There are so many reasons why, and the reason why speculation shouldn’t be reported upon - some leech has got word out to the media for their own gratification but it causes so many issues - for the victim, and for others implicated but not responsible. Remember how Josh Giddey was treated when he was accused - it almost destroyed his career. We just have to wait the course and hope he’ll have done the right thing.

As above, the media wording has been changed to remove implication to him being a witness to the incident.

Media are unbelievable, they talk about the assault then talk about his injuries like perhaps he was stood down, the league really need to do something about the media, no player from any club should have an article like this written about them until the facts are known.

Remove this Banner Ad

No Oppo Supporters Tanner Bruhn interviewed by police over incident from 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back