Tarrant looks like hes an Eagle in 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Goldenblue said:
Agreed.

Just a rumour...WC are not that stupid to give up their first 2 picks for a hot and cold player...

I'd be interested to see what Tarrants like with a top mid field like the Eagles have. It would make his job alot easier, and it Tarrant fires, I think it would make the Eagles very very dangerous.

Dazman said:
That direct quote went to print about 18 hours ago. The quote was probably taken about 10 hours before that so the quote isn't the be all and end all.

If SEN were talking about it today there may have been another event in which the two clubs spoke and where this agreement 'in principle' may have come from. I'd highly doubt the two clubs would have come to a conclusion but your use of Swann's quote to say otherwise isn't really sufficient when it was in print media.

You mean as opposed to some anonymous nuff nuff who uses the name of Postman Pat on a footy fan site who can't produce any source at all.

Gee when its put like that how could I have not seen that it is all true :rolleyes:

Murray said:
You mean as opposed to some anonymous nuff nuff who uses the name of Postman Pat on a footy fan site who can't produce any source at all.

Gee when its put like that how could I have not seen that it is all true :rolleyes:
murray arent you at the pub right now????

Murray said:
So, I'm at the pub last night, as I do on Wednesday nights, just me and our usual group of 8 or 10 mates (all crazy Collingwood).

http://bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=260843

Postman Pat said:
lets see.

recruitment only begins when the club has finished its footy for the year? no.

recruiting managers are payed to recruit, not to worry about this weeks result.

we all konw sydney recruitment is in talks with spider, dont we?

Right in principle. Recruiting managers are paid to spot talent and offer that talent to the coach in the form of an opinion.. Trades on the other hand are handled by the Football Operations Manager and the Head Coach as they make the decisions about the playing list.

Dazman said:
Right in principle. Recruiting managers are paid to spot talent and offer that talent to the coach in the form of an opinion.. Trades on the other hand are handled by the Football Operations Manager and the Head Coach as they make the decisions about the playing list.
1. it depends on the club and how the structure of their footballing department runs things as to who makes the final call.

2. recruiting managers have a BIG say in trades. like i said, spider is involved in talks with sydney, we all know that, their still in the race..right?

Postman Pat said:
1. it depends on the club and how the structure of their footballing department runs things as to who makes the final call.

2. recruiting managers have a BIG say in trades. like i said, spider is involved in talks with sydney, we all know that, their still in the race..right?

1. How come the Herald Sun made a big deal about St. Kilda entering trade week without a senior coach. Because trades are not performed without the coach's blessing and approval. There would not be one recruitment manager in the league that can let a trade go through without getting approval from the coach or footy operations manager.

2. Recruitment managers would only offer their opinion about a players worth. The coach would decide if they want to pursue them or not.

Postman Pat said:
like i said, spider is involved in talks with sydney, we all know that, their still in the race..right?

I wouldn't think so. Sydney would have spoken to Everitt. They would not however be in talks. They probably said:

How much do you want a year?
How many years do you want?

Good luck we'll talk after the season.

look, tarrant is a HUGE risk, hes got homesickness and off field issues, hes constantly injured and struggling for form and just doesent produce many goals.

with our picks after #15 in the last few years, we have picked up guys like kerr, butler, rosa, hansen and selwood.

for TWO of those sorts of picks, you can bloody keep tarrant for the rest of his 80 average games.

a younger gehrig was traded for pick 17 and seirakowski, and he was more valuable than tarrant is.

Murray said:
Not that it is any of your business but I working in the sticks all week.
Source??

murray said:
Oops - don't tell me you ferked up again?

You arse clown, I own you
sure you do, bob, sure you do.

what do your 8-10 mates think of this? id hate to think you'd be letting them down.

zero said:
look, tarrant is a HUGE risk, hes got homesickness and off field issues, hes constantly injured and struggling for form and just doesent produce many goals.

with our picks after #15 in the last few years, we have picked up guys like kerr, butler, rosa, hansen and selwood.

for TWO of those sorts of picks, you can bloody keep tarrant for the rest of his 80 average games.

a younger gehrig was traded for pick 17 and seirakowski, and he was more valuable than tarrant is.
You're a baboon. Tarrant consistently injured? Know some facts before posting made up crap.

He produces as many goals as Ryan O'Keefe does and he's a supposed star.

Cassius_Clay said:
You're a baboon. Tarrant consistently injured? Know some facts before posting made up crap.

He produces as many goals as Ryan O'Keefe does and he's a supposed star.
im sorry, so he hasnt missed 16 games to injury and suspension in the last couple of years?

in how many more has he carried an injury into the game? when was his last full season?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Timmy from Thomastown said:
Gehrig had achieved zero in his career by the time he left the Eagles.
Funny that.

He was named on a HFF in the 1997 AA side.

A single AA selection seems to be Tarrant's only claim to fame as well.

Gunnar Longshanks said:
Funny that.

He was named on a HFF in the 1997 AA side.

A single AA selection seems to be Tarrant's only claim to fame as well.

Ok so they were similar in status. Quality players, often injured, AA standard at their best, poor offield reputation.

That makes picks 15 and 33 (approx) about right on the money.

Having said that, I cant see how the Eagles could fit Tarrant in their salary cap without burning off a senior player. If a trade between the Eagles and Pies happened, it may have to be a player and a pick for cap reasons.

I still think Tarrant is short odds to stay at Collingwood. We have the upper hand in negotiations, because we are just as happy to keep him as to trade him.

Timmy from Thomastown said:
Ok so they were similar in status. Quality players, often injured, AA standard at their best, poor offield reputation.

That makes picks 15 and 33 (approx) about right on the money.

Having said that, I cant see how the Eagles could fit Tarrant in their salary cap without burning off a senior player. If a trade between the Eagles and Pies happened, it may have to be a player and a pick for cap reasons.

I still think Tarrant is short odds to stay at Collingwood. We have the upper hand in negotiations, because we are just as happy to keep him as to trade him.
they would have a lot of room from gardiner leaving, matera leaving and maybe sampi.

Remove this Banner Ad

Tarrant looks like hes an Eagle in 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Back