Preview Team for GC - 8 changes

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the AFL can wait for their please explain....my 3 boys went to bed tonight shattered and Clarko can first explain to them. I understand what the clubs doing and support whatever they decide. Kids do not understand this and worship guys like Buddy, Cyril, Hodge, etc. It was their first and only chance this year to see their heroes, I fully sympathise with their pain.

I hope this doesn't come back to bite us in the ass.

Anyway we'll still all be there cheering on the lads, gonna cost me an extra few ice creams now i reckon though. Im going to have the microscope out and be watching quite a few verrry closely.

Hopefully Saturday night i can post some game comments that you just dont see on tv.

Hawks by 25.

Weather forecast up here by the way atm is showers all weekend, and when it rains the Gold Coast usually cops a fair drenching.

GO HAWKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The AFL will probably look for a way to punish us for pulling all our stars out of a game against an expansion side

These strategic changes would not have taken place had the league indicated a non friday night final. I understand the team's reasoning in not playing its stars but this forced change may hurt us. IMO you must play your full team the week before the first final.

KOLOKOTRONIS

or the league had the balls to put the game on a friday night up in QLD

A great strategic move by Clarko,really excited to see the Hawks play with these core of players and what they have to offer. :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

The only disappointment is that Buddy will not add to his Coleman medal :eek:

Interesting point! I wonder if he would be playing if he were only a couple of goals up?

A great strategic move by Clarko,really excited to see the Hawks play with these core of players and what they have to offer. :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

The only disappointment is that Buddy will not add to his Coleman medal :eek:

In hindsight, you think that Buddy knew last week that he was resting this week?

Great work and anyone questioning this especially those having a sook because they are taking their kids to watch are being selfish.

We are playing Geelong first final and they are playing Collingwood and that is going to be a tough hard match. We have earnt 3rd position and we get to play Gold Coast which is an advantage why not utilise this advantage.

In recent history Geelong have overrun us late in games specifically last quarters, they are going to be coming off a hard match and us well... I'll take our preparation over theirs any day of the week. The team is still decent and im expecting us to still win by 50+ point

Not sure what to think of all these outs??

It could do more harm than good or vise versa do more good than harm. We wont know just how much an impact it will have until next Friday night.

I'm not quite sure why the club chose those 8 players in particular, i mean Gibo, Hale, Goo, Poupolo, Shiels, Breust, Smith could all of had a rest too.
But so far Clarko hasnt put a foot wrong all year and we are 3rd and playing finals so i guess we just must trust what he has planned..

A thought to those questioning the resting of core players the week before the QF. The reason it is such a big advantage to win the QF is because you earn the week off.

Regaurdless of media, AFL and even our QLD based supporters perceptions, the sole focus from now until the QF must be on preparing for that game in the best manner possible.

We are thinking Cats and nothing else.

What does this say about Suzie? Is it possible he has asked to be traded? :confused:

What the?

It says he's come back from having his gall bladder removed, and isn't quite right to play senior football.

He should be given credit just for getting back to Box Hill before the year was out.*

* He has not been named at Box Hill this week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great work and anyone questioning this especially those having a sook because they are taking their kids to watch are being selfish.

We are playing Geelong first final and they are playing Collingwood and that is going to be a tough hard match. We have earnt 3rd position and we get to play Gold Coast which is an advantage why not utilise this advantage.

In recent history Geelong have overrun us late in games specifically last quarters, they are going to be coming off a hard match and us well... I'll take our preparation over theirs any day of the week. The team is still decent and im expecting us to still win by 50+ point

w***er

This makes me think of the doggies game in a different light.

Birch throwing caution to the wind, buddy getting that last goal off Breust.

I wonder if those 8 had more than usual game time last week ?

maybe it was decided before last week.

i wonder if those guys rememeber Simon taylor though - was rested in favour of renouf and never got his spot back !!! (there were other reasons I know)

I'll let my boys know they're all selfish little buggars in the morning Hodge#15 :thumbsdown:

Due to work we don't have the luxury of living in Melbourne like you do.

If you read my origional post I understand and support what the club is doing.

Kids don't.

PatientHawk nailed it !

Wow, that side is disappointing, I had a feeling i would be watching Hawthorn lite. Stratton and Lisle in are the only positives, great to see them both back.

The forward line looks particularly average with PJ at FF and no Cyril or Buddy, surely Hale is going to be told to play forward for the majority of the game and PJ can play first ruck. I hope this plays out like the Bomber game earlier in the year, with the half forwards and wings tuning up their goal kicking in the absence of buddy.

BTW- what is the penalty for a side not turning up.. i'm sure they considered it.

Kind of disapointing as i live one hour south of the gold coast and was heading up to metricon to see the Hawks live. I have been trying to get my 6 yr old daughter into the Hawks as well and she has become a big buddy fan. She is going to be really disapointed when I tell her tomorrow.

No buddy hodgey Cyril.

The 'resting' process may put a fair bit more pressure on the guys playing this week.
I haven't seen Ellis, Ladson or Bateman run out a game without some sort of niggle for a long time, and Stratton will probably need to be managed. Add to that Gibson and PJ, and we could see a queue for the bench in the fourth quarter.

It's a great idea getting game time into all this week's ins.

I still reckon we'll win by 60+ because each of the players selected knows that a good performance now will be rewarded with selection next week. Or at worst, it will be fairly obvious what their future may be.

I wonder, if Youngy was fit, would he have been selected too?

Wow, that side is disappointing, I had a feeling i would be watching Hawthorn lite. Stratton and Lisle in are the only positives, great to see them both back.
I can understand some disapointment but cyril was never going to play & you forget to mention 4 premiership players including last years captain who is soon to win another b&f come into the team along with a number of others all of whom are vying for selection in our finals games.

If I was a QLD'er I'd be shattered.

No one here is saying that they don't want to see Hawthorn do what is good for the list, but if Hawthorn only played 1 game in Melbourne every 18 months and Buddy, Cyril and Hodge didn't turn up I'd be pretty gutted, especially if I was a young bloke with their number on my back.

So how about we go easy on the northern Hawk fans who are only posting their disappointment in missing out on watching some of the best players in the comp.

I love these changes, they have done the right thing by resting the top players. Gonna be awesome watching Stratts back out there, hopefully he goes straight back to his brilliant best.

Supercoach takes a hit, but my opponent also has Pavlich and Fyfe, so I think i will win........

P.S Stratton: another young hawks player that starts with the letter 'S' :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::footy::footy::footy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back