Team Rd 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Throw me some likely matchups for

Rough
Buddy
Hale
Cyril

Not exactly sure how we are going to line up down there but I'm sure at times all 3 of the tall timber will be in the forward line.

Rough - Truck (covered him before will do it again)
Buddy - Biggest danger if on nobody can stop - Davis/stevens will get him
Hale - LOL! Jacobs if fit or Maric....Hale...hahahaha!. was average at north expect nothing more.
Cyril - Johncock, took down Ablett can handle Cyril.

Buddy is by far the danger man, "IF" he's hot, unstoppable!
here's hoping he's a bit underdone and makes a couple of early clangers then he'll beat himself.

Rough - Truck (covered him before will do it again)
Buddy - Biggest danger if on nobody can stop - Davis/stevens will get him
Hale - LOL! Jacobs if fit or Maric....Hale...hahahaha!. was average at north expect nothing more.
Cyril - Johncock, took down Ablett can handle Cyril.

Buddy is by far the danger man, "IF" he's hot, unstoppable!
here's hoping he's a bit underdone and makes a couple of early clangers then he'll beat himself.

Hale will kick 2 goals against you minimum, bookmark it.

this game will be won and lost in the midfield...

Agree, Neither team has a significant advantage in the ruck, Hodge may miss which would be a massive loss for us, but these days we have plenty of big bodies in there and some class and speed with Burgoyne and Rioli running through the guts.

The next 12 days are going to DRAG... might have to dig up a copy of the 2007 Elim final to wet the appetite.

Hope you guys dont mind me crashing your board, really enjoy a bit of pre game banter.

Stratton's engine is very good. Not sure of how he finished in our time trial.. but I didn't see anyone blow him up in 2010.

Knights - Birchall or attacking type HBF Knights unlikely to be in ripping form having missed most of last year and only had 1-2 games of preseason this year.

Porps - Murphy done very well in the last 12-18 months on oppositions best small to medium forward. Cleaned up Stevie J twice, done good jobs on Milne, Betts

Dangerfield - Gibson should have Dangerfield covered in the air, Dangerfield will be dangerous with the ball on the ground.

Throw me some likely matchups for

Rough
Buddy
Hale
Cyril

Not exactly sure how we are going to line up down there but I'm sure at times all 3 of the tall timber will be in the forward line.

I thought you had Gibson pegged for Walker?

Re Stratton like I said he will need to have a big engine, Hendo is not a lazy HF he has the engine and work rate of a top midfielder

Rutten will get Roughead, Davis > Franklin, Stevens > Hale (who I don't rate at all) and Johncock will get Cyril if he plays forward, however due to your lack of pace in the midfield I'm expecting Cyril to play more in the middle

Re Stratton like I said he will need to have a big engine, Hendo is not a lazy HF he has the engine and work rate of a top midfielder

Rutten will get Roughead, Davis > Franklin, Stevens > Hale (who I don't rate at all) and Johncock will get Cyril if he plays forward, however due to your lack of pace in the midfield I'm expecting Cyril to play more in the middle

Only read up to BOLD above. I assume the rest is rubbish too...

Stratton and Gibson to take Walker and your 3rd tall. Nothing wrong with Gibbo's engine, if required to play on Hendo who has the workrate of a top midfielder after 12 Senior games... LOL

Only read up to BOLD above. I assume the rest is rubbish too...

mate, you obviously struggle to read a full sentence

in all honesty I don't think you have a clue with whats going on with your side.

one minute you say Gibson will take Walker the next you have him on Danger and then again on Heno if required, and same again with Cyril, one post you have him playing in the midfield and the next post you have in up forward.......

mate, sounds like Gibson is in for a big night, there seems to be limited options and a few gaps that need to be plugged,

bottom line is that yes your back 6 may match up well against smaller forward structures such as the Dees (last week) however there is no doubt that we will try and stretch your back 6, Tippett, Walker and McKernan all are genuine KPP while Danger, Hendo and Porplyzia are all great overhead and are as good when the ball hits the ground

and re Hendo do yourself a favour and read David Nobles post 2010 coaches report on Hendo....

Noble said that Hendo's GPS game monitoring was off the charts and was up there with the top midfielders in the comp........ and I would expect Hendo to improve again with a full pre-season

so LOL all you want my friend and I hope for your sake that Stratton does have a huge tank otherwise it will be me taking great pleasure in watching Hendo ripping you guys a new one

good luck to Gibson I hope that he gets some help :)

mate, you obviously struggle to read a full sentence

in all honesty I don't think you have a clue with whats going on with your side.

one minute you say Gibson will take Walker the next you have him on Danger and then again on Heno if required, and same again with Cyril, one post you have him playing in the midfield and the next post you have in up forward.......

mate, sounds like Gibson is in for a big night, there seems to be limited options and a few gaps that need to be plugged,

bottom line is that yes your back 6 may match up well against smaller forward structures such as the Dees (last week) however there is no doubt that we will try and stretch your back 6, Tippett, Walker and McKernan all are genuine KPP while Danger, Hendo and Porplyzia are all great overhead and are as good when the ball hits the ground

and re Hendo do yourself a favour and read David Nobles post 2010 coaches report on Hendo....

Noble said that Hendo's GPS game monitoring was off the charts and was up there with the top midfielders in the comp........ and I would expect Hendo to improve again with a full pre-season

so LOL all you want my friend and I hope for your sake that Stratton does have a huge tank otherwise it will be me taking great pleasure in watching Hendo ripping you guys a new one

good luck to Gibson I hope that he gets some help :)

FB: Johncock, Rutten, Stevens
FF: Osbourne, Rough, Hale
CHB: Doughty, Davis, van Berlo
HF: Rioli, Franklin, Lewis
C: Mackay, Vince, Reilly
C: Young, Mitchell, Bruce
CHF: Douglas , Tippett, Henderson
HB: Guerra, Gilham, Gibson
FF: Porplyzia, Walker, Dangerfield
FB: Poupolo, Stratton, Murphy
1R: Maric, Sloane, Thompson
1R: Renouf, Hodge, Burgoyne
INT: SMACK, Tambling, Knights (Smith)
INT: Bateman, Ellis, Sewell, Whitcross

There you go... lined them up v's your starters

Happy??

p.s. Who is SMACK
p.p.s. you cant have 3 x CHB's generally they would be known as HB: being 2 x HBF's and 1 x CHB

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree, Neither team has a significant advantage in the ruck, Hodge may miss which would be a massive loss for us, but these days we have plenty of big bodies in there and some class and speed with Burgoyne and Rioli running through the guts.

The next 12 days are going to DRAG... might have to dig up a copy of the 2007 Elim final to wet the appetite.

Hope you guys dont mind me crashing your board, really enjoy a bit of pre game banter.

the whole pre-season has dragged... hodge wont come up?

dont mind the banter at all personally...keeps it lively

FB: Johncock, Rutten, Stevens
FF: Osbourne, Rough, Hale
CHB: Doughty, Davis, van Berlo
HF: Rioli, Franklin, Lewis
C: Mackay, Vince, Reilly
C: Young, Mitchell, Bruce
CHF: Douglas , Tippett, Henderson
HB: Guerra, Gilham, Gibson
FF: Porplyzia, Walker, Dangerfield
FB: Poupolo, Stratton, Murphy
1R: Maric, Sloane, Thompson
1R: Renouf, Hodge, Burgoyne
INT: SMACK, Tambling, Knights (Smith)
INT: Bateman, Ellis, Sewell, Whitcross

There you go... lined them up v's your starters

Happy??

p.s. Who is SMACK
p.p.s. you cant have 3 x CHB's generally they would be known as HB: being 2 x HBF's and 1 x CHB

smack = shaun mckernan

if hodge drops out does that mean birchall comes in?

Hale will kick 2 goals against you minimum, bookmark it.

Oh wait....I forgot you guy's got this brilliant Idea of putting in a 200+cm marking forward!
Genius!
Except you forgot the part about having talent.
Hale.....HAHAHAHAHA!....you guy's are so funny, c'mon what are you really doing with him :confused:
Surely you jest :eek:

he wouldn't have to speak...

it keeps you guys from crossing the border into the homelands of aussie rules

I infiltrated the border about 3 weeks ago... Lunch in the Barossa and a hotel at Glenelg, fair to say I took in the highlights!! Best part of the trip was the Qantas lounge on the way back to the sporting capital of the world.

Oh wait....I forgot you guy's got this brilliant Idea of putting in a 200+cm marking forward!
Genius!
Except you forgot the part about having talent.
Hale.....HAHAHAHAHA!....you guy's are so funny, c'mon what are you really doing with him :confused:
Surely you jest :eek:

I bet my left nut Hale kicks more goals than McKernan or Henderson this year. Plus will spend time in the ruck. Hale kicked 4 x bags of 3 goals in 2010 before losing form and being dropped for Goldstein and McIntosh. In 2008 Hale kicked 37 goals from the ruck and received 8 Brownlow votes.

I bet my left nut Hale kicks more goals than McKernan or Henderson this year. Plus will spend time in the ruck. Hale kicked 4 x bags of 3 goals in 2010 before losing form and being dropped for Goldstein and McIntosh. In 2008 Hale kicked 37 goals from the ruck and received 8 Brownlow votes.
He wasn't exactly competing with Franklin and Roughead for goals and opportunities at the Kangaroos.

Dud trade.

Remove this Banner Ad

Team Rd 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Back